IGNORED

LANDSDOWN.... IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED?

SouthStand Sandwich

3 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I think the lansdown dream is to bring loads of academy players through. That is why Holden got the job as he said he'd give them a chance. You only have to look at Tinnion on tweeter to see that. Every loan player or academy player that plays he is Biggin them up.

Look at Tinnion bigging them up?

isn’t that his job - to bring the youngsters on and give them confidence or would you rather he just destroyed all their dreams and why they played for the club since 9 year olds?

This is the real World, not FIFA2020 or some other internet game, it’s tough and it’s real - something most of today’s kids need to realise pretty quick or they’re going have a reality check when they get into the real world and they can’t just press ‘play again’. 

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I've missed  you guys so much.

Delighted you're all back out of posting self isolation.

Let's hope the vaccine of poor performances and losses continue to work for you.

Actually, you're spot on .. what an amazing performance... Great tempo, so much heart shown... Wow, Dean ... You've really got them playing..  wouldn't swap you for anyone.... So excited for the next match.   

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Let's hope the vaccine of poor performances and losses continue to work for you.

The usual tropes come out to play-

‘GET ASHTON OUT OF MY CLUB!!!!111111’

and

’LANDSDOWNE DONT HAVE A CLUE, HE DONT WANT PROMOTION HES SCARED/DOESNT CARE/TREATS US LIKE HIS PLAYTHING!!!11111!!!!!’

or

’Holden is a yes man, Lansdown only employs yes men. I bet Hargreaves was the brains behind the company’

etc etc etc etc ad infinitum until City are skinning every team by a clear 5 goals in the World Super League. Or something. 

8 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Major part of the problem

This squad is LJs legacy after 4 +yrs 

Any benefit of continuity pointless when LJ never had a plan

......, let alone leave a blueprint ......

........let alone a squad to suit it 

Maybe, maybe not. All I'm suggesting is that a knee-jerk change the manager, change the owner, just ignores the what happens next. Last year the knives were out for LJ, now for DH. In football a merry gonround of changing managers every year rarely works. With owners it's even less likely to. Bigger picture, Lansdown's ownership has been good for this club, just as LJs tenure turned us into an established Championship side. I don't really take views on whether managers should be sacked or not cos I don't know nearly enough about what's going on inside the club or about what the alternative options are. But I strongly suspect there are few better options as owners than the Lansdowns. 

1 hour ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Careful what you wish for.

Well I’m probably pretty much with you on this - but our last recent management appointments have been - Keith Millen, Derek McInnes, Sean O’Driscoll, Steve Cotterill and LJ ... obviously Cotts was superb and gave us an incredible season! And I believe that SOD put in place lots of the behind the scenes stuff that is now seeing us sell youngsters for zillions - and it is no coincidence that SOD’s next jobs after leaving us? England U19s Manager then Assistant Manager at Liverpool FC - they know a good coach when they see one! But, why won’t we ever appoint a gaffer who is proven and successful at the level in which we find ourselves?! ...

49 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

You seriously need to wake up and smell the coffee Steve

I think it is a fair and serious question to ask Steve Lansdown about why he appears to be scared of appointing a been there, done it manager (after all, pretty much anyone who has wanted it that badly has at least tried it) IF he is not bullshitting about his ambition to see BCFC in the Premier League. A rookie wil NOT bring about your dream SL. It's not happening.

27 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Great business man....absolutely shit at running a football club 

A truly ambitious one.

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Exactly this. The clamour this time last year was for a new manager. Now look at the forum! 

Yeah I remember all those threads 

what I don’t remember  is a single one day sack Lee and appoint Holden. 

I don’t remember ones saying sack Lee and find the closest thing to Lee. 

I do remember thinking that Lansdown (through his puppet Ashton and his son) might petulantly stick to a failing plan.... and here we are. 

Holden is doing ok with a mid table squad and little experience.... trouble is someone told us the aim was far, far higher.  

8 hours ago, Mendip City said:

Yeah I remember all those threads 

what I don’t remember  is a single one day sack Lee and appoint Holden. 

I don’t remember ones saying sack Lee and find the closest thing to Lee. 

I do remember thinking that Lansdown (through his puppet Ashton and his son) might petulantly stick to a failing plan.... and here we are. 

Holden is doing ok with a mid table squad and little experience.... trouble is someone told us the aim was far, far higher.  

That’s right: the comment that started this was ‘be careful what you wish for’.  It’s all very well saying ‘sack Johnson’ but if there’s no thought/agreement/understanding/control over who comes in his place then it’s all a bit knee jerk. Same with knobs on as far as ownership is concerned. 

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

That’s right: the comment that started this was ‘be careful what you wish for’.  It’s all very well saying ‘sack Johnson’ but if there’s no thought/agreement/understanding/control over who comes in his place then it’s all a bit knee jerk. Same with knobs on as far as ownership is concerned. 

This is the issue, we all knew LJ had to go for us to move forward but the problem is that we didn't appoint the right man due to the high level structure we have in place.

10 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Great business man....absolutely shit at running a football club 

Disagree. We may not have got as far as you want as a club, or as quickly as you’d like during his tenure, but that description of him is both unfair and an insult to a man who has done a huge amount to move the club on from where it was 15 years ago. There’s certainly a shed load of owners out there who would be far far worse - and that’s just the problem: you have no control whatsoever over one of them ending up in charge. 

Have I missed something... are we bottom of the championship..have we been docked 20 points... where was this thread after 5 games of the  season? 

seems most of the professional world in football seems to acknowledge the fantastic owners we have, lucky to have, yet a few dodgy results and usual starts... 

Interesting thought.

Someone who has pumped around £150m into the club, not wanting promotion and the £100m TV money and added sponsorship, advertising and other investment that it would bring . So we can stay in a division where if you don't have parachute payments it will cost £millions more in investment to compete.

Yep, sounds feasible .

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

Have I missed something... are we bottom of the championship..have we been docked 20 points... where was this thread after 5 games of the  season? 

seems most of the professional world in football seems to acknowledge the fantastic owners we have, lucky to have, yet a few dodgy results and usual starts... 

not good owners mate. We re in the same position as last year. 

4 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I agree but, when LJ was fired I guarantee less than 1% of the fan base thought DH would get the gig.

Totally agree and thats what I'm saying when we didn't appoint the right man but I fear with our top level infrastructure we never will.

Just now, M.D said:

Totally agree and thats what I'm saying when we didn't appoint the right man but I fear with our top level infrastructure we never will.

Agreed. If DH called SL today and said he was quitting I would have zero confidence that we would appoint what we need - no chance.

I am starting to believe, as some have said already, that SL does not want promotion.

The difference between the HC at the Bears and us is stark and maybe telling.

Archived