IGNORED

Wycombe

Bassomylord

11 hours ago, Malvern Red said:

SOD got the sack for drawing at home to Orient so losing to Wycombe would test how consistent SL is

Not quite so simple as that , SOD was adept at giving out home truths to a self made billionaire who knows much more about football than any Johnny Come Lately coach . 

Dean Holden will not be sacked for the result against Wycombe , win , lose or draw and quite rightly.

Unless we risk losing our Championship status then the bloke will be given the time to prove himself.

13 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

If City don't beat Wycombe I can't see who they can beat if they keep doing what they've done in the last 5 the points average will take them down most likely 

You make it sound like Wycombe are shit.

They arent.

Sooner supporters realise there are no easy games in the Championship and that everyone is here on merit the better.

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The context is key though. We were assured Holden was the best man for the job and that expectations haven’t changed - as a result fans will assess the team harshly if things aren’t going to plan.

I'm convinced we could be working under some kind of soft restrictions, Business Plan or at least guidance.

THAT would be a notable seachange, in terms of expectations for this season at least.

How would that change your expectations out of interest?

16 hours ago, Malvern Red said:

Ok here goes... really thrilled we nearly grabbed a point tonight despite the injuries and can’t wait to see what Dean comes up with to combat a well organised Wycombe side

Is this a serious post. Dean will come up with the same fross he has come up with so far. He has neither the ability or experience to resolve recurring problems. Just like his mentor to Johnson

46 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Is this a serious post. Dean will come up with the same fross he has come up with so far. He has neither the ability or experience to resolve recurring problems. Just like his mentor to Johnson

No it’s not serious... it’s my response to being criticised for not getting some perspective 

I love the big games on Boxing Day. This year I am particularly looking forward to some frantic Hungry Hippos,followed by a tense game of Operation before everyone falls asleep after eight hours of Monopoly,with still no winner in sight.

12 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

not to mention that their minus goal difference(17) is the worst in the Championship.

But not (yet) as bad as Rotherham 2016/17, statistically the worst team in the second tier of English football since the Second World War. As I was only trying to tell @GrahamC earlier this season (and upon which we agreed to make a wager, iirc).

That was the Rotherham team that the previous head coach struggled desperately and pitifully to overcome at AG, then informed everyone afterwards about his "bravery" when making his unpopular substitutions (when the crowd cried: "you don't know what you're doing" a conclusion SL took another three years to recognise and agree with. And act upon).

Wycombe, after 20 games:  W2  D6 L12  GD -17  Pts 12

Rotherham (2016/17), after 20 games: W2  D4 L14  GD -25  Pts 10.

Wycombe are, statistically, on track to ensure that Rotherham 2016/17 remain the weakest second tier team in English football since the (39 - 45) war, and that I win the lavish bet between meself and @GrahamC that I was right (for once) about this, and he is utterly, and humiliatingly, and irrevocably, wrong that Wycombe are worser than Rothrum (2016/17).

@Moments of Pleasure At present you are definitely on course to be correct.

From memory they lost the first 7 but have picked up a lot of draws since then.

I’ve seen them on Sky a couple of times & they look like what they are, a League One side playing in The Championship, but their ugly football is relatively effective & they certainly battle.

Terrible to watch, though.

I'm generally a positive person and don't share the panic or frustration of OTIB yet becuase I'm confident this blip will be overcome and re-enforcements will arrive once the injured return....HOWEVER..... I am worried for this one game becuase if there is one thing City are masters at and have shown on many occasions, is guaranteeing to end a suffering teams record breaking woes by losing to a team that are struggling at the lowest depths of the table.  I can see Wycombe winning this one and making it look easy in the process unfortunately due the the manner in which we are losing.

We really are going to have to treat this one like the proverbial cup final.

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

@Moments of Pleasure At present you are definitely on course to be correct.

From memory they lost the first 7 but have picked up a lot of draws since then.

I’ve seen them on Sky a couple of times & they look like what they are, a League One side playing in The Championship, but their ugly football is relatively effective & they certainly battle.

Terrible to watch, though.

They managed 15 shots today. Seven on target! They're not the only difficult-to-watch side in the Championship ...

33 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

But not (yet) as bad as Rotherham 2016/17, statistically the worst team in the second tier of English football since the Second World War. As I was only trying to tell @GrahamC earlier this season (and upon which we agreed to make a wager, iirc).

That was the Rotherham team that the previous head coach struggled desperately and pitifully to overcome at AG, then informed everyone afterwards about his "bravery" when making his unpopular substitutions (when the crowd cried: "you don't know what you're doing" a conclusion SL took another three years to recognise and agree with. And act upon).

Wycombe, after 20 games:  W2  D6 L12  GD -17  Pts 12

Rotherham (2016/17), after 20 games: W2  D4 L14  GD -25  Pts 10.

Wycombe are, statistically, on track to ensure that Rotherham 2016/17 remain the weakest second tier team in English football since the (39 - 45) war, and that I win the lavish bet between meself and @GrahamC that I was right (for once) about this, and he is utterly, and humiliatingly, and irrevocably, wrong that Wycombe are worser than Rothrum (2016/17).

joke GIF

graham and MoP discussing their $1 bet

I don't like the "must win" statement but it probably does apply to this game. lose or draw this one and "meltdown" will be an understatement...what do I think ? I'm clueless as my Paddy Power betting account shows but I think we will win and we will get some much needed xmas cheer, I'm not betting on it tho ?

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

joke GIF

graham and MoP discussing their $1 bet

We have argued (furiously), disagreed (disagreeably) and agreed to disagree (bitterly) over many decades now, but perhaps never more so than in 1990, when we fought like cats and dogs about which is better: cats or dogs?

The answer being: dogs. Clearly. I mean, cats? Ffs!

19 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

We have argued (furiously), disagreed (disagreeably) and agreed to disagree (bitterly) over many decades now, but perhaps never more so than in 1990, when we fought like cats and dogs about which is better: cats or dogs?

The answer being: dogs. Clearly. I mean, cats? Ffs!

Cats, always..

Archived