Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Wycombe


Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Malvern Red said:

SOD got the sack for drawing at home to Orient so losing to Wycombe would test how consistent SL is

Orient were top of L1 whilst we were in the relegation zone. I think S’OD got the sack for the shit results before that game and the totally unacceptable start we had in the league that year. The draw at home to Orient was probably one of his best results that season.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Love how all the bellends think we have a divine right to beat Wycombe, who, incidentally didn't lose to Preston, Watford, or Brentford..! 

It's expectation and lack of respect like that that's probably clouding their vision, stopping them seeing that we've currently got, what, 9/10 1st team players absent..! 

Bore off you self entitled muppets and go and support another team if you can't handle supporting your club when it's going through a tough time...!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Love how all the bellends think we have a divine right to beat Wycombe, who, incidentally didn't lose to Preston, Watford, or Brentford..! 

It's expectation and lack of respect like that that's probably clouding their vision, stopping them seeing that we've currently got, what, 9/10 1st team players absent..! 

Bore off you self entitled muppets and go and support another team if you can't handle supporting your club when it's going through a tough time...!

They haven’t won in 9 games and that includes a defeat by forest yes forest,divine right then no but Jesus if we can’t beat them then something really is wrong,out of interest which of the 9/10 players missing are 1st team players,mawson definitely is 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

They haven’t won in 9 games and that includes a defeat by forest yes forest,divine right then no but Jesus if we can’t beat them then something really is wrong,out of interest which of the 9/10 players missing are 1st team players,mawson definitely is 

I think you could make a fairly strong case for 5 starters out ....playing 5-3-2 I think baker, mawson, Dasilva, Then 2 from weimann, pato, Williams, Walsh would have a good chance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Love how all the bellends think we have a divine right to beat Wycombe, who, incidentally didn't lose to Preston, Watford, or Brentford..! 

It's expectation and lack of respect like that that's probably clouding their vision, stopping them seeing that we've currently got, what, 9/10 1st team players absent..! 

Bore off you self entitled muppets and go and support another team if you can't handle supporting your club when it's going through a tough time...!

The context is key though. We were assured Holden was the best man for the job and that expectations haven’t changed - as a result fans will assess the team harshly if things aren’t going to plan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The context is key though. We were assured Holden was the best man for the job and that expectations haven’t changed - as a result fans will assess the team harshly if things aren’t going to plan.

Not only that, but Holden has the Lee Johnson tag attached to him. He’s going to get very little slack when things aren’t going well and that’s evident now.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The context is key though. We were assured Holden was the best man for the job and that expectations haven’t changed - as a result fans will assess the team harshly if things aren’t going to plan.

Agree with that , their media sound bytes and PR were mixed messages and poor 

That has created the issue with many , probably moreso than Holdens appointment

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Agree with that , their media sound bytes and PR were mixed messages and poor 

That has created the issue with many , probably moreso than Holdens appointment

He bought lots of goodwill with his honest approach, but if results don’t come he will also have the fans turn.

One positive is the criticism he receives will probably remain proportional and won’t get too personal as it did with Johnson. 

My gut feeling is he isn’t the right man for the job if we are serious about top 6 as the club indicated we are. If the club are content to ride out covid and just survive this season then he might be ok. The issue is expectation management and the club got that wrong in the summer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...