IGNORED

Final table

Robin Wood

Glad we got 30.

Walsh and Williams to many fans are Zico and Socrates and will carry us yo glory, but silly old me is not convinced.

I will carry on repeating myself, but, the board said LJ got the boot (right decision) on the basis that we want top 6.

When is this not achievable, and when we will act on the boards mission statement? 

6 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Glad we got 30.

Walsh and Williams to many fans are Zico and Socrates and will carry us yo glory, but silly old me is not convinced.

I will carry on repeating myself, but, the board said LJ got the boot (right decision) on the basis that we want top 6.

When is this not achievable, and when we will act on the boards mission statement? 

I disagree about Williams , played well for Wigan certainly puts a foot in and is what we need. Don’t forget if Wigan hadn’t been deducted points they would have stayed up.

Walsh is an unknown - how many times have we purchased a player who’d had a successful season at league 1 and not stepped up- great season at Coventry time will tell

At the moment i would say we are heading for the bottom 3rd, relegation form but probably have enough points on board to avoid bottom 3, Wycombe and Sheff W will almost certainly go down. Derby who are 3rd from bottom are 14 points behind us so that would take a big turn around to catch us. One thing I did notice is that only 6 teams have lost more games than us the bottom 5 and bloody Preston although we have played a game more than most. It's a good job we did pick up a few wins at the start of the season or we could have been in serious trouble by now. 

31 minutes ago, weepywall said:

At the moment i would say we are heading for the bottom 3rd, relegation form but probably have enough points on board to avoid bottom 3, Wycombe and Sheff W will almost certainly go down. Derby who are 3rd from bottom are 14 points behind us so that would take a big turn around to catch us. One thing I did notice is that only 6 teams have lost more games than us the bottom 5 and bloody Preston although we have played a game more than most. It's a good job we did pick up a few wins at the start of the season or we could have been in serious trouble by now. 

We’re on a run of 5 wins in 15 I believe. Extrapolate that to 15 over 45 and we just about have enough to survive.

I'm going to buck the trend, 6th. We are close to 6th as it is with a skeleton squad, a manager still learning the ropes, no fans in AG etc. 2021 will see the return of some huge players and underperforming players that have been flogged to death will improve with the competition and chances for breathers. I still think top six, you heard it here first !

I’ve got no reason to change my pre-season prediction of 16th. I expect it to be dire for a while yet, then we’ll rally in the final third of the season when the pressure’s off just in time to raise hopes of another false promotion push next season. 

21 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I'm going to buck the trend, 6th. We are close to 6th as it is with a skeleton squad, a manager still learning the ropes, no fans in AG etc. 2021 will see the return of some huge players and underperforming players that have been flogged to death will improve with the competition and chances for breathers. I still think top six, you heard it here first !

At long last a post which is not all doom and bloody gloom 

totally agree with you still so many games to play and so many players to come back 

I bet any gas reading this forum are pissing them selfs 

Always believe.......

1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Oh wow!

We are the third worst team at creating good chances and the second worst team at allowing scoring opportunities for the opposition. 

We're down their with Wednesday, Coventry and Wycombe.

Stats aren't everything but that is seriously worrying. 

2 hours ago, tin said:

I’ve got no reason to change my pre-season prediction of 16th. I expect it to be dire for a while yet, then we’ll rally in the final third of the season when the pressure’s off just in time to raise hopes of another false promotion push next season. 

my prediction at start of season as well..........16th

2 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

I'm with you on this, hopefully get some players back with a good January window and some fans back in the ground i still think we can make the playoffs

8 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Bournmouth, Norwich, Brentford, Swansea and Watford are MILES ahead of us. That leaves us scrapping for 6th place with the likes of Reading, Blackburn, Boro, Cardiff, Stoke etc

Top 6 nope. Be about 12th

Lower mid-table for me which surely by the owners own expectation means this management team have failed.. the remit was top 6 so you would expect Lansdown to act accordingly and get rid of the 3 musketeers but I won’t hold my breath! I think poor Dean is on a hiding to nothing and his Millen/Tinnion moment will come if he stays next season sadly.

Archived