IGNORED

Swapping divisions with the gas this season?

Son of Fred

Rovers have a decent manager now and I can remember a season, bottom tier I think, where they spent most of the season in the bottom half and their highest position was after the whistle blew on the last game, leaving them 7th and in the play offs which they won.

so, unlikely but not out of the question.

I really can’t see us going down though.

36 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Rovers have a decent manager now and I can remember a season, bottom tier I think, where they spent most of the season in the bottom half and their highest position was after the whistle blew on the last game, leaving them 7th and in the play offs which they won.

I can remember a season not that long ago when they spent most of the year mid table L2 telling us we were swapping divisions whilst we occupied the relegation zone in L1. They only spent 45 minutes in the bottom 2 and got relegated out of the Football League ?

What a bunch of ******* belters ?

Happy days.

28 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Part of me would quite like us to both be in this league. Football has got a bit stale for me, obviously covid hasn’t helped. A Bristol derby twice a season would spice things up. Cardiff has lost its edge since they left Ninian Park.

I know what you mean. I miss away days at Ninian Park, the Vetch, Upton Park, Home Park, Fratton Park, Griffin Park...most of the parks I guess!
stale is the right word, just feel very meh about it at the moment and post COVID a Bristol derby or 2 would be fun.

For me watching city is more than just the football although obviously that’s important. Seeing your mates, catching up with other fans, beers in the pub, I miss all that and while the thought of sitting on my own at the Gate on Boxing Day socially distant from the other 1999 unfortunates as Mr Akinfenwa helps himself to a hat trick is tempting I think I might pass. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Part of me would quite like us to both be in this league. 

Can’t think of anything worse. Can you imagine those needy maggots going to the same places we go begging the locals to say how much they prefer them to us? ?

Then there’s the 2 ‘no-win’ fixtures for us where a victory would be greeted with “oh well, your owner is wealthier so you SHOULD win” as if they ever say that for any other game in the season.

Cagey, shit fixtures...much rather watch us playing proper teams that aren’t solely trying to crock our players to please the deviants sat in tents.

We’re bound to be in the same division sooner or later, at least they’ll fill their tiny ground for once.

2 hours ago, big dosser said:

tisdale great manager i dont think so and im sure mk fans would back that up,and we are miles ahead of them lot over the road on and off the pitch

I understand that Exeter fans find the current response to Tisdale winning a couple of matches for the Gas absolutely hilarious...

We need ~20 more points to be safe this season and have 26 games to get them. As it stands we’re 14 points clear of a relegation place. I hate that I did consider that worth checking (see Hull last year..) but it’s very unlikely we’ll go down. If we get to say, March, and are still in danger then I hope the club will know to sack Dean and rely on a ‘new manager bounce’ to get us safe (I’m not rooting for this scenario). 

On 19/12/2020 at 09:23, ralphindevon said:

I really can’t see us going down though.

I prefer to remember the season where their lowest position came after the whistle of the final game, and they got relegated out of the football league

On 19/12/2020 at 10:10, Phileas Fogg said:

Part of me would quite like us to both be in this league. Football has got a bit stale for me, obviously covid hasn’t helped. A Bristol derby twice a season would spice things up. Cardiff has lost its edge since they left Ninian Park.

Feel that City are just moving on to bigger and better things.

Forwards and upwards.

Archived