IGNORED

Positives from last night ( dig deep)

Major Isewater

1). Bakinson seems to be approaching his good form and quickened up the play . One glorious defence splitting pass should have been better rewarded. 

I confess I was a little worried that he’d been ‘ sussed out ‘ but he played quite well against the Knobenders .

2) We have got our defeat against them out of the way. Johnson looked shot despite his moments of skill, perhaps he’s on the way down ? 

3) There was a bit more energy to our play than in the previous two games.

4) We didn’t get  ‘stuffed ‘ and the luck must turn soon. The pen tonight which was very harsh , Wells ‘ goal ‘ which was also limit being given both signs from the football gods that they are toying with us.

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

1). Bakinson seems to be approaching his good form and quickened up the play . One glorious defence splitting pass should have been better rewarded. 

I confess I was a little worried that he’d been ‘ sussed out ‘ but he played quite well against the Knobenders .

2) We have got our defeat against them out of the way. Johnson looked shot despite his moments of skill, perhaps he’s on the way down ? 

4) We didn’t get  ‘stuffed ‘ and the luck must turn soon. The pen tonight which was very harsh , Wells ‘ goal ‘ which was also limit being given both signs from the football gods that they are toying with us.

Major, i watched it live on be in sports at 4.00am and the first half was very disappointing. At half time I made some beautiful bacon Sanger’s, the bacon was crispy, the coffee I had with it was also good. The match on the tele was crap. 

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

CoD impressed me last night - the very same CoD who had taken some serious stick on here recently with many asking what he actually brings....................:dunno:

He forced two top drawer saves from Rudd and was involved pretty much all game. He was my City MoM.

The issue with him, which i’m sure you know, is consistency. It’s almost unanimously accepted he has ability - it’s showing it over extended periods. 

17 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

On the brightside we have only lost 9 of the last 15 home and away against Preston and drawn 6 the bad news is 4 of those draws were away and we play them at home on the 16th of january

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The issue with him, which i’m sure you know, is consistency. It’s almost unanimously accepted he has ability - it’s showing it over extended periods. 

Indeed but I was hoping that CoD had read the comments on here and upped his game.........:cool2:

Second half was much better than the last 3 games (and the first half tbf). Chances were created and much more movement in general.

COD looked back to decent form, as did arguably Semenyo and Hunt (although final ball / composure remains an issue).

Bakinson also much better than recently.

Bentley as good as ever.

And in addition:

we now have an 8 game break so everybody gets a good rest. Getting nearer to January and possible returnees / reinforcements

And also how did they not go down to 10 in the second half? Although could argue Bakinson was lucky too.

23 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I thought HNM was a little unlucky to get the 'Hook' last night. Looked like he was benefiting from a few starts. Held the ball better, looked for a pass and tried to support Hunt. Also seemed to do a fair bit of tracking back. IMO not the worst MF last night by any stretch of imagination.

COD was more like the player I thought he'd be before he got injured . Really forceful running, good control and a threat in the box. Seemed further forward 2nd half, where he can cause problems.

Semenyo is direct, sometimes clumsy , sometimes forgets what he's doing, but worries defenders. He's learning all the time, and it's showing. His shooting needs practice, his decision making needs work. But sometimes, we can be static and he has little or no option so if the goal opens up I don't blame him for having a go. What I'd like to see is a much more relaxed strike. He looks like he puts everything in to hitting the ball, when timing and direction would be better. Real threat from the bench for tiring defenders.

Zak Vyner has really impressed me. I criticised him for always turning and passing back, well he looks a different , far more confident player now. His long range passing is looking more like passing than 'lumps' now. He looks like hs concentration is improving, he's obviously a proper athlete and he's getting stronger. Big plus this year and potentially next academy player out?

Bakinson started to look like he was getting past his recent problems. He did one lazy pass without looking and nearly set them up, but after that looked after the ball a lot better. Recently looked to hit first times passes or little flicks and few came off, worse than that he lost possession regularly. Last night he looked more like the surprise package from earlier this year. Looked to play forward, threaded passes through lines, into feet or into space. He looked good again, hope he carries that on as it will make a massive difference to the team as a whole.

Last night for 45 minutes we were as bad as we have been against Rotherham & Millwall, the system switch and personnel change gave us more energy maybe, but definitely gave us more intent. I hope Holden gets away from trying to hold teams first half, the last 3 games have been against teams in poor form and low confidence, we should have been front foot and gone at them. Instead we let them dictate and build confidence. Some of our 2nd half dominance could e down to them being 1-0 up and not having to do anything but hit us on the break, something we can be susceptible to. 
Given that there is only 12 days left (and 2 games) until Jan, a big positive is we could see players starting to return, and the young players who have been forced to play more than expected have mostly stepped up, big boost ! We have a decent break for them to work on things and get over knocks, they'll need it.

2 hours ago, steveybadger said:

Second half was much better than the last 3 games (and the first half tbf). Chances were created and much more movement in general.

COD looked back to decent form, as did arguably Semenyo and Hunt (although final ball / composure remains an issue).

Bakinson also much better than recently.

Bentley as good as ever.

And in addition:

we now have an 8 game break so everybody gets a good rest. Getting nearer to January and possible returnees / reinforcements

And also how did they not go down to 10 in the second half? Although could argue Bakinson was lucky too.

Cod and Semenyo good second half  Bakinson too casual by far however will be great when he wakes up.

Think i need an 8 GAME Break  ! 

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

And this sums up for me everything it’s become to be a BCFC supporter. Having to scratch around to find positives from yet another inept display.

Accept this and we’re doomed. Yet again we were poor. Poor in so many areas and in so many aspects.

I’m not a stats man but when Sky flashed them up it simply reinforced what we could see with our own eyes.

Possession might have been in our favour in the second half but it’s goals and wins that count. And there ain’t many of them about and I can’t see that changing any time soon.

We aren’t good enough. Haven’t been for many years. We get the occasional bit of excitement to keep us ever hopeful but that’s all it is. Occasional and hope.

And as I’ve said before. It’s not going to change any time soon....

1 minute ago, Red Skin said:

Any more info?  

No, apart from I thought it strange that a family member of a player should contact a fan (via DM on twitter) about a comment made on OTIB, that I didn’t actually make, but had quoted in a reply.  What was more bizarre was that he said he was surprised that I, of all people, should make that comment, bearing in mind we’d had social conversations with him in the Tobacco Factory previously.

The fact is I’d never met this person previously, nor have I ever been in the tobacco factory.  It ended amicably, but I thought it weird to contact a fan.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, apart from I thought it strange that a family member of a player should contact a fan (via DM on twitter) about a comment made on OTIB, that I didn’t actually make, but had quoted in a reply.  What was more bizarre was that he said he was surprised that I, of all people, should make that comment, bearing in mind we’d had social conversations with him in the Tobacco Factory previously.

The fact is I’d never met this person previously, nor have I ever been in the tobacco factory.  It ended amicably, but I thought it weird to contact a fan.

That’s very odd..........you obviously got mistaken for another poster..........can you say what the comment was?

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

19 minutes ago, super slick said:

I got an angry message on Twitter from an O’dowda after saying he didn’t look like a very good signing during his 2nd year here. 

I didn’t tag him in it so the family must have spent time searching his name...weird!

Back in the olden days of Woodbines and standing in the rain, supporters  just used to shout abuse at the players and the players just shouted abuse back. Much simpler than social media 

25 minutes ago, super slick said:

I got an angry message on Twitter from an O’dowda after saying he didn’t look like a very good signing during his 2nd year here. 

I didn’t tag him in it so the family must have spent time searching his name...weird!

I know someone else who got asked my Mr O’Dowda senior to put a highlights reel together around the time of contract talks. ??‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s very odd..........you obviously got mistaken for another poster..........can you say what the comment was?

it was around the time people were suggesting he was Callum’s agent....I’d actually replied saying he wasn’t. ??‍♂️

37 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Normally out on the piss in Bridgwater the Friday before Christmas 

but du to COVID I’m about £150 better off and not hanging out my ass 

now that’s got to be a positive.....

stay safe everyone 

The negative being you had to watch the Preston game though......................................

Archived