IGNORED

Semenyo reminds me of Junior Bent.

gavlin

Watching Semenyo last night reminds of Junior Bent who had quick feet , real pace but couldn't hit a barn door from 20 paces. Everyone said that junior who was smaller would have been a premiership player if he could shoot. Both seem to snatch at their shots but hopefully with age on Semenyo's side he has the ability to get better and become a top striker. 

2 minutes ago, gavlin said:

Watching Semenyo last night reminds of Junior Bent who had quick feet , real pace but couldn't hit a barn door from 20 paces. Everyone said that junior who was smaller would have been a premiership player if he could shoot. Both seem to snatch at their shots but hopefully with age on Semenyo's side he has the ability to get better and become a top striker. 

The problem with Semenyo, which has been made previously, is that he is not a natural finisher.

Semenyo is a better footballer than Junior Bent was. He’s as quick, links play much better and has greater strength and with better vision.

What Semenyo really needs is a goal from open play in the league. Once he starts scoring in the Championship he’ll become a serious goal threat.

The lad is a really good player.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Semenyo is a better footballer than Junior Bent was. He’s as quick, links play much better and has greater strength and with better vision.

What Semenyo really needs is a goal from open play in the league. Once he starts scoring in the Championship he’ll become a serious goal threat.

The lad is a really good player.

Wow, get the flags out. A decent post from @Robbored

Well said, totally agree.

Junior and jacki, tearing leicester apart, thats entertainment.

His commitment and attitude was first class.

Bloke i sat next to said he would have ran out the dolman stand gate if it was open!

Another player who came back to haunt us big style,if we would have won that night at blackpool, we would have won the leauge.

Law of the ex.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Semenyo is a better footballer than Junior Bent was. He’s as quick, links play much better and has greater strength and with better vision

I agree in general, but not sure about the last bit.

It's strange he doesn't use that vision to pass the ball rather than blasting it when others are in better positions if so!

I used to compare Raheem Sterling to Junior Bent. Then Pep worked on him and taught him how to finish. We need a decent attacking coach working on Semenyo as he has real potential. Unfortunately I don't think our coaching team at AG have the know how between them to do it., based on our attacking prowess this season. 

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

It's strange he doesn't use that vision to pass the ball rather than blasting it when others are in better positions if so!

I remember Junior as being not much more than a speed merchant who couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo. I really can’t recall him linking up with team mates at all.

4 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

To be fair semenyo has got a lot of assists for us this season.

if/ when he starts scoring goals he will be worth a fortune

14 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I used to compare Raheem Sterling to Junior Bent. Then Pep worked on him and taught him how to finish. We need a decent attacking coach working on Semenyo as he has real potential. Unfortunately I don't think our coaching team at AG have the know how between them to do it., based on our attacking prowess this season. 

I’d give you a hat trick of trophies if I could!

This constant ‘we’re shit in the final third’ talk is spot on. Well, management do something a ******* about it!

Let’s make sure our next Manager was an attack minded midfielder or striker. 

31 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Juniors goals against the gas, and swindon, were worth his transfer fee alone.

Junior cost us a pitiful £30k, he was honest, brave & very quick.

His finishing was erratic but he always gave of his best & was a great outlet ball when we were under pressure, Ivan Sproule was the same.

I thought he took such unreasonable stick, some games the opposition was completely unable to handle him.

Junior Bent could only do one thing - which he did very well indeed - which was to kick the ball ahead and run after it.  He was a great servant to this club, and won many matches for us, but he was very one-dimensional.  He just happened to fit into the way we played at the time.

Semenyo is a better footballer all round, and I think will go far,  but he’s a young player establishing himself this season for the first time, and many young players shine when the team is playing well but struggle when times are hard.  Given time I believe he will be an outstanding footballer, but don’t expect everything to come at once.

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s a subjective opinion and I’m pretty sure other posters who saw Junior play will have a similar view. 

Whats your view on him?

I remember a cartoon in one team fanzine back in the day about junior stood at a urinal and his aim for peeing was off to the side of the urinal! And we sometimes resorted to playing him through the middle! 

junior bent was very quick but his shooting was abysmal in my view

Semenyo is the only player we have who when he gets the ball you thin, "go on then, have a go". He invariably has booted the ball into row Z, but according it takes us about 50 minutes to muster a shot on target at the moment, I'll take that right now.

Archived