IGNORED

Semenyo reminds me of Junior Bent.

gavlin

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Juniors goals against the gas, and swindon, were worth his transfer fee alone.

Here’s the one against Swindon and, as a bonus, you’ve got Roger Malone commentating 

57 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Agree. I don't get it. We were never that good back then at what is now championship level, but junior was always a handful for the opposition.

I remember Bent, Liam Robinson and Allison being a very effective front 3. Plenty of pace and movement and work rate from Robinson and Junior. Plenty of power from Allison.

I expect many fans would say 2 of those were terrible and Allison was a donkey. Yet at a level above players who have had a lot of praise, (Colin Cramb, Scott Wagstaff for example) some who could be a right handful at that higher level are sometimes talked about as being rubbish.

If only Liam Robinson could have scored!  People talk about Semenyo but in the 1993/4 season Liam scored four goals, two in an away match and two in the final match of the season at home.  Four goals all season, but he was in the side that beat Liverpool!  You couldn’t make it up.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Dan24 said:

Give the lad a chance he's 20 years old. No doubt he'll come good. Agree his end product needs improving but always looks dangerous when he's taking the ball to the opposition and with our injuries we don't have many who can do that.

Bottom line he's in there as a striker 

He doesn't look like he's ever going to score 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Semenyo is a better footballer than Junior Bent was. He’s as quick, links play much better and has greater strength and with better vision.

What Semenyo really needs is a goal from open play in the league. Once he starts scoring in the Championship he’ll become a serious goal threat.

The lad is a really good player.

Agree RR, he's got more to his game potentially than Junior had. And I think like you and like many on here I've thought for a while that he just needs a goal and then they'll come. What is starting to worry me is that there is one obvious flaw in that theory.....!!

I think as Jon says, needs to concentrate on striking it cleanly than powerfully.  He generate power naturally without much back lift.

Look at Huddersfield, stroked a shot against the post.  Even Blackburn the shot he hit a foot past the near post was more “placed” than “wellied”.

Needs to improve awareness.

He’s 20 though.  Time to improve.

12 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Junior is now 50. That makes me feel old. 

According to Wiki he's a youth team coach at Preston. 

After retiring from playing, he went into finance as a Business Manager at NatWest. His coaching was a part time thing - though I don’t know if that is still true.

Archived