IGNORED

Liam Walsh (Merged)

Bassomylord

What was reported was that he had “done his quad” (proper pulled / ruptured muscle than a tightening I’d suggest)....and he did it in July when he returned to training in July when Coventry’s season was curtailed and there was a possibility returning loanees might be allowed to play.  We saw him in training videos with Morrell, Moore and Szmodics, as the four returning to the bubble at the time.

O’Leary wasn’t included as we had Bentley, Wollacott, Maenpaa and Gilmartin.

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What was reported was that he had “done his quad” (proper pulled / ruptured muscle than a tightening I’d suggest)....and he did it in July when he returned to training in July when Coventry’s season was curtailed and there was a possibility returning loanees might be allowed to play.  We saw him in training videos with Morrell, Moore and Szmodics, as the four returning to the bubble at the time.

O’Leary wasn’t included as we had Bentley, Wollacott, Maenpaa and Gilmartin.

Recovery times for Quad year/rupture are a lot shorter than 5 months Fevs

6 minutes ago, Mark barton said:

He will sign for coventry in Jan and I will make a donation of £100 to a charity of my choice.

Although I hope I am wrong.

I think you are correct. If not Coventry then A N Other. As for a charity I will PM you my bank details.

18 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Yeh , whenever he’s been in any videos I’ve never seen anyone look so disinterested to be here , honestly don’t think he’ll ever play again for us 

Agreed. I don’t see why the club don’t come out and say it’s all bout contract. 
somethings iffy with his and Williams “injuries”. 

1 hour ago, Shuffle said:

Recovery times for Quad year/rupture are a lot shorter than 5 months Fevs

8 weeks was the initial recovery time....expected to miss some early games as he got up to full fitness.  Ideally he was due back in September.

But we’ve been told he’s had a setback (maybe more than one).  How many times did I think I was gonna be fit in a week or so, then breakdown in training, and the recovery started again.

We don’t know the extent of the setback, did he pull it totally again, or is he getting close and the. It keeps tightening.  I don’t know.

Its incredibly frustrating, but injuries aren’t always straight line rehabs.

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

In truth I have completely lost interest in whether he comes back or not.

His career so far contains nothing to suggest that he is the answer, if he wants to go elsewhere I am not remotely bothered.

All I can remember about him is he’s a bit short and he had a good 45 minutes for City against a team whose name I can’t remember. Although he’s hardly played any Championship games he seems to be regarded as the new midfield messiah who will save City with his creativity. All I’ll say to those who believe this is: “Now, you listen here! He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!”

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He was at one of the away games watching the other week.

thanks Dave,rules that out then.

3 hours ago, phantom said:

That's a seriously long time shielding 

not if you have a permanent disorder which increases your risk of serious illness if you catch it? 

48 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

In truth I have completely lost interest in whether he comes back or not.

Well you should be !  If he replicates the form he showed at Coventry he will be exactly what we have been missing for donkey years... This is founded on the views of coventry fans, a few friends who watched them last season, who all said how good he was... backed up by the views of LJ and now DH who has stated he has a big part to play.. I would also chuck into the melting pot the views of Evertonians who were miffed when he left to come here...

His career so far contains nothing to suggest that he is the answer, if he wants to go elsewhere I am not remotely bothered.

As above Graham C !  I am equally frustrated by this injury.  I think we will all find out whose right in the next month or so.  A week or so back there  was a decent podcast by WALSH. I do not think from that he has an issue with the club here.. and seems to have a relationship with DH, it also bodes well the other player.. Joe Williams a long standing mate.  Lets wait and see 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

The club told us it was a quad injury which occurred in training in his return to us during July.

I heard 3 weeks afterwards, that he was about 5 weeks away from returning, hence why I knew the reason he looked fed up when the players reported back at Failand.

Of course we must presume that once this injury eventually heals we have to get him match fit....... January a few weeks away... perhaps we 'might' see him feb time ?

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

Well you should be !  If he replicates the form he showed at Coventry he will be exactly what we have been missing for donkey years... This is founded on the views of coventry fans, a few friends who watched them last season, who all said how good he was... backed up by the views of LJ and now DH who has stated he has a big part to play.. I would also chuck into the melting pot the views of Evertonians who were miffed when he left to come here...

Lets not forget that Lee also said he was a "brilliant player who can come in and compete immediately" 3 years ago when we signed him. As well as that, although he did very well at Coventry so did our L1 winning team who then took a fair while to find their feet in the Championship.

Jury is still out for me - and if we're expecting him to come back and save our season after the above, as well as 9 months out I think people are being very naive.

Great post @JonDolman.

I'm surprised just because he's not played for us, people are happy to write him off without seeing him, while at the same time saying you've no proof if he's good enough you haven't seen him.  If he was a Coventry player full time , he is the exact type of player we would have tried to sign. One of the best players in L1, and a good age. From what I've seen, he's 2 footed, plays with his head up and tries to play forward. Things we struggle with (Bakinson apart). Add Williams to the mix, a combative, mobile, box2box MF ( Going from what I've read ) then that sounds like a very good pairing. 

No guarantees, but I'm really looking forward to seeing them together. 

55 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Great post @JonDolman.

I'm surprised just because he's not played for us, people are happy to write him off without seeing him, while at the same time saying you've no proof if he's good enough you haven't seen him.  If he was a Coventry player full time , he is the exact type of player we would have tried to sign. One of the best players in L1, and a good age. From what I've seen, he's 2 footed, plays with his head up and tries to play forward. Things we struggle with (Bakinson apart). Add Williams to the mix, a combative, mobile, box2box MF ( Going from what I've read ) then that sounds like a very good pairing. 

No guarantees, but I'm really looking forward to seeing them together. 

Oh dear. He's done sweet FA since the day he signed for us so why is he the promised one now ? Ok, he did ok at Coventry.....big swinging Mickey !!!

Archived