IGNORED

Liam Walsh (Merged)

Bassomylord

1 hour ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Mark loaded up our hook.

He dangled his rod in the brook.

Liam sniffed the bait and took it.

Mark reeled him in and caught him in the net.

Was he ever paraded from the roof? If he was he might have got a good view of all that BS3 has to offer at the moment.

The scales might have fallen from his eyes and he might have seen his captor and the Emperor were naked.

**** that he said. I’m out of here.....

Yep. Another in the long line of potentially good signings that swam away.....

I don't think Shakespeare has anything to worry about 

1 hour ago, CliftonCliff said:

It’s quite clear what’s happened here. Walsh has been abducted by the same Satan-worshipping paedophiles who conspired to steal the US election from Trump. Just ask a member of the Proud Boys, or indeed Trump himself. They’ll happily explain what’s going on.

At last a comprehensive explication, thank you.

:yes:

• The title was changed to Liam Walsh (Merged)

We saw with Joe Bryan and Bobby Reid that players keep developing into their twenties. Joe Bryan was on loan at Plymouth when he was 20 and Bobby Reid, I never thought would be playing for us regularly, let alone at a higher level.

A few years of regular football helps players to develop mentally to cut out the naive mistakes - in Bobby’s case, before ‘the’ season, he used to give the ball away a lot putting us under a lot of pressure. 

While writing this, I think we miss Joe Bryan a hell of a lot out of all those that we sold.

16 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Yep, as a youngster with little EFL experience. I suppose players stop developing after 20?

He may have developed and I hope he turns into a decent championship player. Just stating we have already seen him, he wasn’t that impressive and couldn’t secure a place in the side. Something a lot of fans seem to have forgotten. 

3 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

He may have developed and I hope he turns into a decent championship player. Just stating we have already seen him, he wasn’t that impressive and couldn’t secure a place in the side. Something a lot of fans seem to have forgotten. 

Yeah but that was before last season.

If he was a Coventry player in the summer I don't think there is one person that would say we shouldn't try signing him if we had the opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Yeah but that was before last season.

If he was a Coventry player in the summer I don't think there is one person that would say we shouldn't try signing him if we had the opportunity. 

Perhaps. But there are many decent League 1 players that haven’t cut it in the champ. Szmodics springs to mind 

1 hour ago, Bobbie said:

Perhaps. But there are many decent League 1 players that haven’t cut it in the champ. Szmodics springs to mind 

Smozdics came to us at 24 from league 2.

Walsh was POTY at a League 1 winning Coventry at 22. That would suggest that he certainly has the ability to step up.

I think he can step up.

Bit simplistic but Coventry themselves have to some extent, stepped up- not for top 6, but they are midtableish? Some useful results and performances too.

Walsh was the best in their side- specifically their midfield last year?

He will be coming into a better side, bit simplistic but I think a fit Walsh would be an asset.

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think he can step up.

Bit simplistic but Coventry themselves have to some extent, stepped up- not for top 6, but they are midtableish? Some useful results and performances too.

Walsh was the best in their side- specifically their midfield last year?

He will be coming into a better side, bit simplistic but I think a fit Walsh would be an asset.

Sell up, cash up & bye bye. Has done nothing to prove his worth since he signed.

10 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Sell up, cash up & bye bye. Has done nothing to prove his worth since he signed.

Not entirely his fault- how much gametime has he had for one?

I think he has good attributes and can prove himself to be Championship standard. Whether it's here or elsewhere- would rather it was the former.

He's also out of contract this summer and is he fit yet? Would clubs buy a player who is out of contract in the summer who has not yet kicked a ball this season?

I just checked back- unsure if it was his last competitive game for us but a fantastic goal at QPR in the League Cup and an assist...but also conceded a penalty. Good and bad but ability to work with.

7 hours ago, Spoons said:

People who think Liam walsh is the answer are deluded. 

He's not the answer. 

Not a chance of him playing for us like he did at Coventry. 

Wait, how do you know that? How much have you seen him play for us since he came back from Coventry? To a different team, manager, set up, tactics. How do you know he won't make a difference or be 'the answer'? 

I think you've labelled the wrong people deluded. Maybe wait until he gets a run out in the team before you write him off. Appreciate its classic City fan style to be negative but at least give the guy a chance and wait to see how it turns out. 

If you turn out to be correct though, I'll be coming to you for the next weeks Lottery numbers ;)

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not entirely his fault- how much gametime has he had for one?

I think he has good attributes and can prove himself to be Championship standard. Whether it's here or elsewhere- would rather it was the former.

He's also out of contract this summer and is he fit yet? Would clubs buy a player who is out of contract in the summer who has not yet kicked a ball this season?

If he was good enough he would have been given game time. He is an average L1 or L2 player at best. If he doesn't get sold this month then he will go as a free agent come the summer.

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

If he was good enough he would have been given game time. He is an average L1 or L2 player at best. If he doesn't get sold this month then he will go as a free agent come the summer.

Management and coaches disagree with you, they’ve been trying to get him to sign a new contract for a year now .

1 minute ago, glen humphries said:

Management and coaches disagree with you, they’ve been trying to get him to sign a new contract for a year now .

Do they ? Have they ? Where is this coming from ? Is this coming from those on here who claim to be "significantly in the know" ?

10 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Ffs , common knowledge dh said on radio Bristol Walsh has been offered a new deal, keep up tone.

I am keeping up but nothing is moving forward. If he is so good then our contract offer would have reflected this. Remember with the current pandemic clubs are not out waving chequebooks with promises of untold riches so his options are somewhat limited.

Do keep up.

He will leave as a free agent in the summer is my guess and end up playing L2 at best assuming that Covid is under control (which it won't) and someone will take a punt on him.

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I am keeping up but nothing is moving forward. If he is so good then our contract offer would have reflected this. Remember with the current pandemic clubs are not out waving chequebooks with promises of untold riches so his options are somewhat limited.

Do keep up.

Like me you have no idea what the contract offer is or if he’s already lined up to go elsewhere, his options are certainly not limited, he holds all the cards, do try to keep up with how football works.

2 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Like me you have no idea what the contract offer is or if he’s already lined up to go elsewhere, his options are certainly not limited, he holds all the cards, do try to keep up with how football works.

I am keeping up really. He holds all the cards ? Puurlease tell me you jest.

Let's wait and see what happens in the near future and then we can amicably agree that I am right and you are wrong.

8 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Do keep up.

He will leave as a free agent in the summer is my guess and end up playing L2 at best assuming that Covid is under control (which it won't) and someone will take a punt on him.

Would you like a £200 bet , winning go to chsw that if he leaves he’ll play a higher level than league 2 

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

I am keeping up really. He holds all the cards ? Puurlease tell me you jest.

Let's wait and see what happens in the near future and then we can amicably agree that I am right and you are wrong.

Tone your embarrassing yourself, you’re either drunk, on a wind up or completely clueless, or a argumentative miserable sod

4 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Would you like a £200 bet , winning go to chsw that if he leaves he’ll play a higher level than league 2 

chsw ? Pardon my ignorance.

2 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Tone your embarrassing yourself, you’re either drunk, on a wind up or completely clueless, or a argumentative miserable sod

All of the above probably but let's wait and see and then you can apologise.

15 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Do keep up.

I know he's been injured he was player of the season last year for a team that got promoted from League One. Obviously time will tell if he can cut it in the Championship but the idea that a player who stood out in League One last year won't do better than League Two seems a bit of a strange argument. 

Archived