IGNORED

Watford

GrahamC

56 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

And Watford have seen more success then we are likely to see in another 100 years 

Yep makes me laugh people taking the piss out of Watford / Cardiff / Bournemouth / Swansea’s etc ‘strategy’ when we have got nowhere near what they have done in recent times 

5 managers in a year and a relegation. Eventually their Trump-like strategy of rapid fire hiring and firing was going to come a cropper. Of all the teams relegated last season, they were the ones most likely to struggle for that reason alone, even though Bournemouth lost a lot of creativity and goals with the departures of Wilson and Fraser (and not the ones from Dad’s Army!) to Newcastle.

2 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Would make a lot of sense to appoint SB but would also expect them to be linked with Eddie Howe too 

No way Howe touches that job with how regularly they sack managers his next move after Bournemouth is massive for him.

On another thread on OTIB the usual Lansdown stuff surfaces.... but have a look at the Watford forum for an eye opener.
Seems owners demanding promotion and as Watford not in top two the bullet for the manager.... even Watford fans seem to concur they are a basket case of a club.. 17 manager  turned over in the last few years or so..

I thought were Watford were good  a few weeks back here at the gate, and I fancy all three relegated clubs from last years prem to bounce back, first time asking... oh I bet they wish old Elton was back in charge..

58 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

He was manager of the month in November!!!  Watford have lost 4 in 20 this season, it’s madness.

and they are in fifth position. I can only assume there's a super, no fail manager ready to take over.

We are far too soft on our managers who generally get kept on far beyond their sell-by date. We take forever to decide on a change and far too long appointing a replacement.

A bit of the ruthlessness shown at Watford would be a good thing. However it is far too cosy at AG for us to expect it under the Lansdowns. 

Archived