IGNORED

Rotherham Covid case

Jerseybean

21 hours ago, Harry said:

Is there a reason they were called off for 1 player testing positive when we had, apparently, more than 1 a few weeks ago but had to carry on playing? 

EFL policy on this...well god knows!

Good point though, just seems random their policy- Leyton Orient had to forfeit, Rotherham seem okay but time will tell, Sunderland 3 off- who knows really.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

EFL policy on this...well god knows!

Good point though, just seems random their policy- Leyton Orient had to forfeit, Rotherham seem okay but time will tell, Sunderland 3 off- who knows really.

From the Sunderland case, it's the club that calls it off? Then the league investigates it. At least here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55330533

"However, the EFL says the decision to postpone the match was not theirs to make.

While the events around any postponement would have been investigated, this is routine procedure around any game that is called off and, if it was found the reasons for it were legitimate, there would have been no sanction."

1 minute ago, Prinny said:

From the Sunderland case, it's the club that calls it off? Then the league investigates it. At least here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55330533

"However, the EFL says the decision to postpone the match was not theirs to make.

While the events around any postponement would have been investigated, this is routine procedure around any game that is called off and, if it was found the reasons for it were legitimate, there would have been no sanction."

I guess in our case then, we were in strong form and thought it would be good. Maybe didn't want to risk the vagaries of an EFL Disciplinary Commission too.

22 hours ago, Harry said:

Is there a reason they were called off for 1 player testing positive when we had, apparently, more than 1 a few weeks ago but had to carry on playing? 

Have we had more than 1? I remember Andi’s case in the summer but our outbreak occurred during the international break and then only Tyreeq I think missed a game due to it? Massengo had a chest issue which was non Covid related. 

9 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Have we had more than 1? I remember Andi’s case in the summer but our outbreak occurred during the summer and then only Tyreeq I think missed a game due to it? Massengo had a chest issue which was non Covid related. 

We don`t know who had it over the last international break but I`m guessing it was none of the first team squad - I think we`d have heard otherwise.

14 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Have we had more than 1? I remember Andi’s case in the summer but our outbreak occurred during the summer and then only Tyreeq I think missed a game due to it? Massengo had a chest issue which was non Covid related. 

What? Our outbreak occurred about a month ago and we had over 10 players or staff test positive. Diedhiou and Bakinson are confirmed 

27 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Have we had more than 1? I remember Andi’s case in the summer but our outbreak occurred during the international break and then only Tyreeq I think missed a game due to it? Massengo had a chest issue which was non Covid related. 

The game following the international break, we didn’t field a full subs bench and the official BCFC report on the website says that Bakinson & Massengo both tested positive during the Int break and so weren’t in the squad. 

I just find it all a bit weird that, if I test positive, anyone who I’ve been anywhere near, has to isolate for 10 days. But a footballer tests positive, he goes off to isolate, but everyone he works with on a daily basis just carries on as normal. 

There doesn’t appear to be any consistency from the EFL on this. Rotherham postponed with 1 case. Rovers postponed with 3 cases. Sunderland played on with 3 cases fearing an investigation and had 8 kids on the bench. City played on with 2 cases and not fielding a full bench. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

The game following the international break, we didn’t field a full subs bench and the official BCFC report on the website says that Bakinson & Massengo both tested positive during the Int break and so weren’t in the squad. 

I just find it all a bit weird that, if I test positive, anyone who I’ve been anywhere near, has to isolate for 10 days. But a footballer tests positive, he goes off to isolate, but everyone he works with on a daily basis just carries on as normal. 

There doesn’t appear to be any consistency from the EFL on this. Rotherham postponed with 1 case. Rovers postponed with 3 cases. Sunderland played on with 3 cases fearing an investigation and had 8 kids on the bench. City played on with 2 cases and not fielding a full bench. 

You have to isolate and don't even get a test unless you show symptoms. A footballer who's been in contact with a positive case will get a test every day. Think that's the difference. It's similar to what they're trying to do in schools next term isn't it? It means that you end this cycle of every contact having to isolate for 10 days ...and then again next time.. and so on.

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

You have to isolate and don't even get a test unless you show symptoms. A footballer who's been in contact with a positive case will get a test every day. Think that's the difference. It's similar to what they're trying to do in schools next term isn't it? It means that you end this cycle of every contact having to isolate for 10 days ...and then again next time.. and so on.

Footballers aren’t getting tested every day. 
Initially, at restart back in June, they were being tested weekly. But this season they only test of symptomatic. 
So no different to any of us. 
Quite honestly, I’m staggered that football is still being played. 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Initially, at restart back in June, they were being tested weekly. But this season they only test of symptomatic. 

Whilst I'm now in Tier 4 and can't do f' all or have anyone round for Christmas now.

It's OK though in January I can go back to work and mix with about 350 kids/adults at school even if tier 4 is still in place......

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Twice weekly initially, but that’s not the point....the rules / logic of what businesses / past-times are allowed and which ones aren’t has been inconsistently applied all the way through.  No true measures for going in / coming out.  Omni-shambles.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I thought it was more frequently IF (and only if) there was a positive case and they were a contact. That would make sense - which doesn't mean it happens! But I can't say I've seen anything since the very early days back last season - so. may well have changed since.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I think they're tested regularly if theres been any cases at the club. Our players and staff were all tested regularly after the initial positive test, hence why we got many more positive. Most were asymptomatic I presume. 

9 hours ago, Harry said:

I think it's the clubs call not the EFL's

I agree it's all a bit odd, I dont know how their testing works do they get results same day or do they have to test before? How long after contact do they get tested? The point of the 10 day isolation is it can take that long to start showing symptoms and spread it. They could become contagious between tests even if every day testing, so like you say it all seems a bit mad.

6 hours ago, James54De said:

I think they're tested regularly if theres been any cases at the club. Our players and staff were all tested regularly after the initial positive test, hence why we got many more positive. Most were asymptomatic I presume. 

As Marcus says below, even if tested regularly it’s still no guarantee of having or passing the virus. 
If I got it today, everyone I’d been in proximity with would have to isolate for 10 days. Even if they had a test every single day. Because they may not show positive until day 10. 
How football is being played when a club has had a case is nuts. 

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I think it's the clubs call not the EFL's

I agree it's all a bit odd, I dont know how their testing works do they get results same day or do they have to test before? How long after contact do they get tested? The point of the 10 day isolation is it can take that long to start showing symptoms and spread it. They could become contagious between tests even if every day testing, so like you say it all seems a bit mad.

Archived