IGNORED

Ticketing system

GrahamC

Went ok for me, the approx waiting times were way out though! 

They could’ve listed the entry times per block before I purchased my ticket. 

Would’ve went for one where I could arrive later if I knew that would be the case. Now they want me in by 1.45. That’s a long old wait. Wonder how it’ll go if I turned up late?

As you'll have seen Graham, I had the same issue. 3 different 20+ minute waits and each time at the front of the queue, a "Rejected Queue ID" error. I've seen at least 7 people report this on Twitter and that was without even searching, just came up in my feed, so probably far worse than that.

This isn't poor UX (which historically with City is bad enough), it's basic technology not being fit for purpose and failing. Helpfully, for unrelated reasons, I'm using a brand new laptop as of this morning, in an office on lightning fast internet, so I'm a perfect "control" for everything else being fine.

It simply didn't work, but because it's indiscriminate and isolated and other people got their tickets, the club will ignore it and pretend it is probably user error and hope it goes away of its own accord next time. As always avoid responsibility and assume fans are at fault, and running City is easy.

I take a personal interest in this shambles because I asked the club lots of questions about booking fees a few years ago off the back of a thread here (I work in the industry and found the approach to booking surcharges unusual). I was told the £1 ticketing fee is SPECIFICALLY paying for the tech.

So we as fans continually fund this platform, and no one employed by City takes any interest in holding vendors to account when it doesn't work. Living away from AG I've been paying that £1 fee week in week out to get away tickets, so I've paid my share for the tech and got **** all from it today.

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

As you'll have seen Graham, I had the same issue. 3 different 20+ minute waits and each time at the front of the queue, a "Rejected Queue ID" error. I've seen at least 7 people report this on Twitter and that was without even searching, just came up in my feed, so probably far worse than that.

This isn't poor UX (which historically with City is bad enough), it's basic technology not being fit for purpose and failing. Helpfully, for unrelated reasons, I'm using a brand new laptop as of this morning, in an office on lightning fast internet, so I'm a perfect "control" for everything else being fine.

It simply didn't work, but because it's indiscriminate and isolated and other people got their tickets, the club will ignore it and pretend it is probably user error and hope it goes away of its own accord next time. As always avoid responsibility and assume fans are at fault, and running City is easy.

I take a personal interest in this shambles because I asked the club lots of questions about booking fees a few years ago off the back of a thread here (I work in the industry and found the approach to booking surcharges unusual). I was told the £1 ticketing fee is SPECIFICALLY paying for the tech.

So we as fans continually fund this platform, and no one employed by City takes any interest in holding vendors to account when it doesn't work. Living away from AG I've been paying that £1 fee week in week out to get away tickets, so I've paid my share for the tech and got **** all from it today.

It is an absolute disgrace.

I live in BS3 & only attend home games so certainly don’t want to play some top supporter card bollocks, but creating a system that means someone like yourself who lives that far away & attends every game is unable to get a ticket through no fault of their own is absolutely shameful.

I knew demand would exceed supply, but this is abysmal customer service.

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Why anyone would want a ticket is beyond me!

If I lived on my own I think I would probably take a chance. As it is, with the household being in the 50-79 range, I don't think it would be fair to risk family members health for a slim chance of a decent performance/result against Wycombe. It might be different if we were flying at the top and about to play Norwich ...

25 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Went ok for me, the approx waiting times were way out though! 

They could’ve listed the entry times per block before I purchased my ticket. 

Would’ve went for one where I could arrive later if I knew that would be the case. Now they want me in by 1.45. That’s a long old wait. Wonder how it’ll go if I turned up late?

No problem, just have a few beers. Oh wait.......

35 minutes ago, normanhillred said:

Just had the same, 30 minutes of my life I will never get back. What is the point? Really cannot be arsed. Convinced me it was a bad idea.

4947AC3D-975C-4756-B123-5DD281E03E21.png

Exactly the same happed to me, i am also not bothering now.

I think i will go and watch some non league at least you can drink during the game.

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

If I lived on my own I think I would probably take a chance. As it is, with the household being in the 50-79 range, I don't think it would be fair to risk family members health for a slim chance of a decent performance/result against Wycombe.

It might be different if we were flying at the top and about to play Norwich ...

(don’t be offended) but this made me laugh

23 minutes ago, Olé said:

No idea how intelligent our ticketing system is, but as you’ve been rejected 3 times do you think it may have something to do with you living in tier 4? Perhaps the club is correctly only selling to those who live in Bristol and North Somerset? Unfortunately for you exiles, particularly those of you from tier 4 and even those in tier 3 in South Glos the rejection could be geographical not the normal incompetence we expect.

14 minutes ago, zombie said:

No idea how intelligent our ticketing system is, but as you’ve been rejected 3 times do you think it may have something to do with you living in tier 4? Perhaps the club is correctly only selling to those who live in Bristol and North Somerset? Unfortunately for you exiles, particularly those of you from tier 4 and even those in tier 3 in South Glos the rejection could be geographical not the normal incompetence we expect.

I live in BS3, so not in my case.

Got that same rejection message 6 times now. Been trying on and off since they went on sale at 10am. Been seeing the same issue over social media too. 
So, I tried, I really want to watch some football but if the club can’t organise a working ticketing system after 9 months then I can’t be bothered to keep trying. 
Football Club of The Year apparently ??

Finally got one by phoning & then holding on for half an hour, there are currently tickets left for all of the games if you want one.

Still a total shambles though, not so much better than queueing outside the gate to give Beryl a voucher for a ticket that then cost you £4 ?

Just now, GrahamC said:

I live in BS3, so not in my case.

It is just a bad system then and bad luck for you.

Haven’t tried getting a ticket myself, as I attend with my old man who’s in his 70’s and my missus is pregnant, also our current form doesn’t help.

Therefore I’ve not been aware of what the club has said with regards to tickets, surely they wouldn’t be selling tickets to anyone who has to travel from more than 10-15 miles away or anyone who lives in an area above tier 2. Also, those who live in areas above tier 2 or miles away shouldn’t be trying to buy, nothing against our fans from these areas, there’s no doubting the likes of a Rob or Stan or whoever love the club and are excellent fans and contributors to OTIB and OSIB, but rules are rules. No one should feel that the rules don’t apply to them, there’s enough people out there with a strange feeling of entitlement or exceptionalism, hence why we are where we are, individuals thinking the rules are for someone else and an incompetent gov mismanaging the situation.

Good luck to those who live relatively local, in tier 2, so basically just those of us fortunate enough to live in Bristol or North Somerset.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Finally got one by phoning & then holding on for half an hour, there are currently tickets left for all of the games if you want one.

Still a total shambles though, not so much better than queueing outside the gate to give Beryl a voucher for a ticket that then cost you £4 ?

Happy for you, hopefully you’re not disappointed on the day, hopefully the lads put on a show for you and we get 3 points, will be interesting to see how those going find the new experience.

Archived