IGNORED

Ticketing system

GrahamC

3 minutes ago, zombie said:

Happy for you, hopefully you’re not disappointed on the day, hopefully the lads put on a show for you and we get 3 points, will be interesting to see how those going find the new experience.

I'm only really interested in going to watch the game. I hope the safety measures all work smoothly and people enjoy their day out.

7 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I'm only really interested in going to watch the game. I hope the safety measures all work smoothly and people enjoy their day out.

If you can get there 2 hrs before KO Max , you may well get a game

(If you do just hang around the POMOs - you could score a winner against cheating Preston and become a folk hero)

• Admin
58 minutes ago, cidercity said:

I think i will go and watch some non league at least you can drink during the game.

Is that still possible?

I thought bars at grounds were now closed

PS for those who had problems earlier there are loads of tickets still available for all the games

Let's not forget these kind of problems are not unique to us, many sites crash or have problems when something goes on sale etc

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

It is an absolute disgrace.

I live in BS3 & only attend home games so certainly don’t want to play some top supporter card bollocks, but creating a system that means someone like yourself who lives that far away & attends every game is unable to get a ticket through no fault of their own is absolutely shameful.

I knew demand would exceed supply, but this is abysmal customer service.

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

for those who had problems earlier there are loads of tickets still available for all the games

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more coming back on sale later.
They will be checking Postcodes as they stated people from T3 areas would not be allowed in. 

That said with the Clubs organisation they'll probably give up. and let anyone in.

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

Went ok for me, the approx waiting times were way out though! 

They could’ve listed the entry times per block before I purchased my ticket. 

Would’ve went for one where I could arrive later if I knew that would be the case. Now they want me in by 1.45. That’s a long old wait. Wonder how it’ll go if I turned up late?

3 1/2 hrs wearing a mask to watch a game of football, my skin starts coming up in a rash after about 10 mins.

I hope the football is good because that's one hell of an ask IMO, good luck.

Sounds like I got lucky as it worked well for me, logged on about 0950, when it opened at 10 got position 659 in queue had to wait 20mins then it let me buy a ticket easy , I am only a few seats away from where I would normally be in s82 Looking forward to this, I have to be in the ground by 1345 which will be a bit strange,

Very simple, quick transaction.

One major moan though, was it necessary to have 4 boring clubs as our first opposition since the ban was lifted? All them months of waiting and I’ve got PNE!!

It felt so good to be buying a ticket for football again though, unlikely we’ll still be allowed by then but at least I’ve bought a football ticket.....small steps 

2 minutes ago, balderino said:

How are they going to perform any Postcode checks, there's nothing stopping you buying a ticket from anywhere through the ticketing system?

You have to be a season card holder, you have to log in, BigBrother is watching you 

ZNvR.gif

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Is that still possible?

I thought bars at grounds were now closed

PS for those who had problems earlier there are loads of tickets still available for all the games

Let's not forget these kind of problems are not unique to us, many sites crash or have problems when something goes on sale etc

you are probably right, i am lost with all the regulations now.

I am going to try non league and if its enjoyable i probably wont renew my season ticket next season after 30 odd years.

Just now, 1960maaan said:

You have to be a season card holder, you have to log in, BigBrother is watching you 

ZNvR.gif

Even if your a season ticket holder it doesn't do any Postcode checking. Lots of people have different travelling/living  arrangements than what's recorded on there home addresses.

11 minutes ago, balderino said:

Even if your a season ticket holder it doesn't do any Postcode checking. Lots of people have different travelling/living  arrangements than what's recorded on there home addresses.

Just saying that the club stated that postcodes would be checked and no one from T3 would be allowed in. I would guess they could use the address linked to the Card, I don't know, it could be when you arrive at the ground. You are not allowed to go if you are in a T3 area, be a bit gutting if you got a ticket only to get a knock back.

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just saying that the club stated that postcodes would be checked and no one from T3 would be allowed in. I would guess they could use the address linked to the Card, I don't know, it could be when you arrive at the ground. You are not allowed to go if you are in a T3 area, be a bit gutting if you got a ticket only to get a knock back.

This is why I didn’t try. In tier 3 (South Glos) so can’t go if it was today, and don’t see the tiers moving down imminently after the weekends news.

The bit that does annoy me is them putting all games on sale right now. As has been said, every chance of further lockdown so refunds have to happen, but even if not, surely they could have waited until, say, the 5th to sell tickets for the Preston game on the 16th on the off chance some tier 3 areas where the club do draw support from had moved down?

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

This is why I didn’t try. In tier 3 (South Glos) so can’t go if it was today, and don’t see the tiers moving down imminently after the weekends news.

The bit that does annoy me is them putting all games on sale right now. As has been said, every chance of further lockdown so refunds have to happen, but even if not, surely they could have waited until, say, the 5th to sell tickets for the Preston game on the 16th on the off chance some tier 3 areas where the club do draw support from had moved down?

Agree. I didn't bother as there is a decent chance things will change, after Xmas Bristol could be T3 so I would have more refunds pending. I didn't think it was worth it.

3 hours ago, Olé said:

As you'll have seen Graham, I had the same issue. 3 different 20+ minute waits and each time at the front of the queue, a "Rejected Queue ID" error. I've seen at least 7 people report this on Twitter and that was without even searching, just came up in my feed, so probably far worse than that.

This isn't poor UX (which historically with City is bad enough), it's basic technology not being fit for purpose and failing. Helpfully, for unrelated reasons, I'm using a brand new laptop as of this morning, in an office on lightning fast internet, so I'm a perfect "control" for everything else being fine.

It simply didn't work, but because it's indiscriminate and isolated and other people got their tickets, the club will ignore it and pretend it is probably user error and hope it goes away of its own accord next time. As always avoid responsibility and assume fans are at fault, and running City is easy.

I take a personal interest in this shambles because I asked the club lots of questions about booking fees a few years ago off the back of a thread here (I work in the industry and found the approach to booking surcharges unusual). I was told the £1 ticketing fee is SPECIFICALLY paying for the tech.

So we as fans continually fund this platform, and no one employed by City takes any interest in holding vendors to account when it doesn't work. Living away from AG I've been paying that £1 fee week in week out to get away tickets, so I've paid my share for the tech and got **** all from it today.

Plus Ca change, but before letting the club have both barrels there are some fundamental IT concepts folks need to grasp.

For one the club (like most entities) doesn't have a single system, they'll operate a modular system (front end access, Several DBase, Payment Module, Allocation & Updating Module, Comms module) some of which will be bespoke and owned by City, others of which are external. I know from bitter experience there are 'optimal' ways in which to interface with the club (and what you assume may be the fastest isn't always.)

It's also meaningless saying I have a 'X' kit and 'y' access as in themselves both statements are meaningless. There are dozens of variables (many bet Nd your control,) that will signally impact how your and the remote systems interface. (If you like a challenge try running Sky Go on a Win10 platform via a SkyQ/Multiroom connection - rather, don't bother, as it won't work unless decoupled and, no, the internet workarounds quoted do not work.)

By far the biggest/slowest/most error prone element of the transaction is the payment module, which usually involves (at minimum) a handling agency, credit agency, (two) banks and several secure checking processes, including some you may have activated yourself. Many of these are time sensitive and often fall over when swamped with requests. There's little City can do to change that.

Ditto the sensitivity of call handling/queuing systems which often have problems with timing delays with digital telephony (and don't assume because you still pay a line rental you retain a pstn connection - many providers have quietly dropped them shifting to VoIP or similar. Your ear may not notice, a multiplexer might.)

As we're Tier4 up here we didn't even bother trying, but despite my long allegiance I would suggest that in the present climate, with all the constraints, with the sub-optimal experience on offer and with the standard of football on display, if your failure to secure a ticket has you foaming at the mouth and threatens to ruin Christmas, perhaps it's a good time to re-evaluate priorities in life.

With regards to buying tickets for those in Tier 3, I'm going on the assumption tickets will be cancelled after purchases, as if you were an away fan trying to buy a ticket in the home areas of the ground. Obviously Christmas day on Friday does make that slightly ptoblematic though!

9 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

FYI - Just logged on & bought 4 Wycombe tickets for the family no hassle.

About 100+ tickets still available.

That surprises me. The club must’ve assumed they’d all be snapped up within minutes wouldn’t you think? I certainly didn’t think it would take potentially more than a day to sell anyway

I had no issues personally (estimated time was way off, from 10:05 initially, but got in at 10:19 and there seemed a decent amount available) getting a single for Wycombe home (my pal lives in tier 4 so couldn’t/didn’t try). 

I guess that’s my 1 game of the 4, so assume I can’t try for another game (wouldn’t want to take a ticket away from a fellow red who wasn’t as fortunate as me in getting 1)? 

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

That surprises me. The club must’ve assumed they’d all be snapped up within minutes wouldn’t you think? I certainly didn’t think it would take potentially more than a day to sell anyway

Not me, it has been a nightmare for loads today plus of course the restriction is that as a ST holder you can only buy a ticket for 1 of the 4 games..

28 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Me too. I’d completely forgotten about the tickets going on sale & had resigned myself to missing out, logged in more out of curiosity.

Was 50/50 about going but living fairly close and thinking we’re probably on verge full national lockdown took the plunge.

Archived