IGNORED

Arteta gives Holden his Prematch speech.

Major Isewater

Mikel Arteta has issued a challenge to his players, urging them to show the character and desire required to turn results around.

Asked what he was like as a player when things weren't going his way, the former midfielder said: "I liked to look around me, whether it's the staff, coaches, players and I wanted to see fighters.

"Normally when that happens, you have two types of people: fighters and victims.

"You need fighters and you don't want any victims. Victims bring excuses, victims bring negativity and they start to blame anything that is happening around them or is not going their way. 

"You need people who fight, people who contribute and people who are ready to give everything to the club in this moment."

Source from the BBC.

Fast forward to December 2021, in the lead up to Bristol City's big Boxing Day clash at home to Arsenal, 'Arteta gives Holden his prematch speech'. In a website interview Arteta says the mighty Gunners should been thrashing small clubs like Bristol City and expects his team to do so.

Meanwhile, Bristol City have announced a 26,000 sell out, the first sell out since before the Coronavirus pandemic.

14 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Mikel Arteta has issued a challenge to his players, urging them to show the character and desire required to turn results around.

Asked what he was like as a player when things weren't going his way, the former midfielder said: "I liked to look around me, whether it's the staff, coaches, players and I wanted to see fighters.

"Normally when that happens, you have two types of people: fighters and victims.

"You need fighters and you don't want any victims. Victims bring excuses, victims bring negativity and they start to blame anything that is happening around them or is not going their way. 

"You need people who fight, people who contribute and people who are ready to give everything to the club in this moment."

Source from the BBC.

Not sure how this is relevant to bcfc....load of inexperience playing due to short numbers.....massengo bakinson vyner semenyo.

Start calling them victims will do wonders for their confidence and development.

Bit of a strange post tbh.

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Fast forward to December 2021, in the lead up to Bristol City's big Boxing Day clash at home to Arsenal, 'Arteta gives Holden his prematch speech'. In a website interview Arteta says the mighty Gunners should been thrashing small clubs like Bristol City and expects his team to do so.

Meanwhile, Bristol City have announced a 26,000 sell out, the first sell out since before the Coronavirus pandemic.

Is this Prem or Championship?

5 hours ago, Bassomylord said:

Not sure how this is relevant to bcfc....load of inexperience playing due to short numbers.....massengo bakinson vyner semenyo.

Start calling them victims will do wonders for their confidence and development.

Bit of a strange post tbh.

Has it taken this long for you to realise that His Maj is a bit strange ?

Archived