IGNORED

Diedhiou contract

REDOXO

8 hours ago, brad blit said:

Muriqi to Lazio deal done (fenerbache striker - 20mil), Fammy was widely rumoured to be no1 choice replacement if he left. See what happens next week 

Judging by his performances in the last two games he isn’t 100% on his game 

He will be gone in this window as will Eliasson and we will get about £10m in to get a forward in on loan or perm

I'm surprised him and Eliasson were involved yesterday with their ongoing contract situations, the risk to us is probably greater than it is to the individual players. If either of them get a nasty injury i.e out for 4 to 5 months we would be unable to sell them in this window whilst their value is still reasonable and left with a player that can sign a pre contract agreement in January to move for nothing next summer....can't imagine Ashton and the Lansdowns would be overly impressed with Holden in this scenario

We really need to set them both a deadline of say next weekend to make a decision and if they haven't signed then we actively circulate their names ASAP.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think this will happen.  No itk, just the French media is quite reliable.

I really do hope you are right. We play so much better with proper mobile forwards who actually appear to know the game. 

8 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

I'm surprised him and Eliasson were involved yesterday with their ongoing contract situations, the risk to us is probably greater than it is to the individual players. If either of them get a nasty injury i.e out for 4 to 5 months we would be unable to sell them in this window whilst their value is still reasonable and left with a player that can sign a pre contract agreement in January to move for nothing next summer....can't imagine Ashton and the Lansdowns would be overly impressed with Holden in this scenario

We really need to set them both a deadline of say next weekend to make a decision and if they haven't signed then we actively circulate their names ASAP.

Unless Dijon wanted a look at him?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Think this will happen.  No itk, just the French media is quite reliable.

I agree, they are quite on the button, but Dijon ? I can't see it.

He'll go, but I'll be surprised if its there.

They lost at home today 0-2 and go bottom of the league.

6 minutes ago, redrob said:

7/8 million? We paid 5.3m so I'd be hoping for a return of a couple of million for a player who consistently scores 13-14 goals in our league. He'll score 20+ on French ligue 1 easily. 

He’s only got a year left. If we get anywhere near making our money back then Mark Ashton is a witch. £2m an absolute maximum I’d say.

52 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

If Fam goes should we go back for Afobe? I think Stoke will make him available with Michael O'Neil clearly stating his squads too big. Or should we look elsewhere or even stick with what we've got utilising Weimann as a forward again. 

If Fam goes I’d rather replace him with a mobile pacy forward. Maybe we should have another look at Ligue 2 again or aim to bring someone in on loan from the Prem. 

Just posted on another topic, I would look at bringing in a quick striker as a Fam replacement. 

- Macauley Bonne (Charlton £1.5m)

- Connor Chaplin (Barnsley £3m)

- Lucas João (Reading £6m)

I believe any of these 3 could offer us something we currently don't have. A player who has the pace to beat defenders when in possession of the ball, or look to run off the last man. 

36 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Just posted on another topic, I would look at bringing in a quick striker as a Fam replacement. 

I believe any of these 3 could offer us something we currently don't have. A player who has the pace to beat defenders when in possession of the ball, or look to run off the last man. 

3 strikers I have time for.  Joao would be too expensive imho for where we are financially.

21 minutes ago, Stockwood gate said:

The striker to replace Fam could be Yacoub Meite from Reading be a like for like replacement 

Different type of striker imho.

10 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I can’t remember how Joao played at Ashton Gate but Chaplin and Bonne both impressed me playing against us last season.

Archived