IGNORED

Diedhiou contract

REDOXO

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Won a great defensive header within 30 seconds of coming on.

Yep.  Agree totally.  Not trying to dig him out in anyway shape or form.  I was just a bit surprised by his general demeanor as I'm so used to see a wholehearted chest thumping type of display from him in those situations.  Maybe it's just me though. 

4 hours ago, Magicdaps said:

Yep.  Agree totally.  Not trying to dig him out in anyway shape or form.  I was just a bit surprised by his general demeanor as I'm so used to see a wholehearted chest thumping type of display from him in those situations.  Maybe it's just me though. 

As others have said, tricky given the circumstances (ten minutes left and us under the cosh).  I have no reason to believe that Fam is not a wholehearted player, but if he feels (as Eliasson did) that he doesn’t fit in with Holden’s plans, then I think you can forgive him for being a bit glum, particularly if he was expecting a transfer that hasn’t materialised.

11 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

As others have said, tricky given the circumstances (ten minutes left and us under the cosh).  I have no reason to believe that Fam is not a wholehearted player, but if he feels (as Eliasson did) that he doesn’t fit in with Holden’s plans, then I think you can forgive him for being a bit glum, particularly if he was expecting a transfer that hasn’t materialised.

Again, agree.  Definitely nothing to forgive as far as I'm concerned.  As per my earlier post it was only an observation which I think your reply better explains and what I perhaps should have said in my original post.  Its a shame really as it does make you wonder if it's the beginning of the end of Fam either by fading out as a result of any non-sale or of course by leaving.

7 minutes ago, Packman said:

Would people want another striker if Fam left? 1 injury and we would be looking very light. I would say we could chuck Weimann up top but he's playing so well in midfield, big decision.

Yes, but I would possibly be looking at a “youngish” striker without huge expectations of starting every week, more to provide cover this season.  If that makes sense.  

6 hours ago, Magicdaps said:

Odd display from the bench from Fam.  Looked disinterested for the first time that I can remember.

Yeah, there was a particular moment that I noticed when he didn't bother running across to close down a defender who was say 10 yards away. Instead Weimann, who had been running hard all game, sprinted a good 30 yards to get goal side.

Semenyo put more of a shift in.

35 minutes ago, mozo said:

Yeah, there was a particular moment that I noticed when he didn't bother running across to close down a defender who was say 10 yards away. Instead Weimann, who had been running hard all game, sprinted a good 30 yards to get goal side.

Semenyo put more of a shift in.

That happened an awful lot when they played up top together....and why I always had a bit of a beef against those that said he was hardworking.  Not saying he’s lazy, just not at full-tilt enough imho.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, but I would possibly be looking at a “youngish” striker without huge expectations of starting every week, more to provide cover this season.  If that makes sense.  

Keinan Davis perhaps? That would be a fantastic signing. Although he and Villa would probably expect reasonable minutes.

3 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

8am Sunday morning. Strange Instagram post by Fam. Clearly waiting to travel somewhere.

Is he off to sign for someone? Going on holiday or on international duty?

Just about to post the same thing. Not messing about if he is going on holiday. However the post does look weird, doesn’t have the usual “holiday vibes” footballers post, he’s clearly going somewhere.... 

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s fairly innocuous, but it’s a video of his feet with a bag. Doesn’t sound like much based on that but it’s a strange time of the morning to be off somewhere in the context of the transfer window.

Senegal international duty ? Playing Friday 

I don't reckon Fam is going anywhere soon. I suspect he isn't going to sign a new contract and will ultimately move on but, unless I've misunderstood the rules, his deadline for a move abroad is tomorrow and for a domestic move is just under two weeks.

The various rumours of moves to Turkey or France seem to have faded away and there doesn't seem to be much going on in terms of rumours of moves to a domestic club, on top of which a domestic would surely need to be a Premier League team for it to make sense for him. 

I suspect, like Eliasson, we would let him go if a reasonable offer came in given his contract situation but it seems at the moment that the offer is not coming in so I reckon he'll be here until January at the very least. 

6 hours ago, Packman said:

Keinan Davis perhaps? That would be a fantastic signing. Although he and Villa would probably expect reasonable minutes.

Liked him since I first saw him at our place....but I think you’re right, expectation of game time probably counts this one out.

I’d like a quick one, one who runs off the shoulder.  I think we have another in the “bigger man” category, and I’d like a Wells cover / protégée 

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Liked him since I first saw him at our place....but I think you’re right, expectation of game time probably counts this one out.

I’d like a quick one, one who runs off the shoulder.  I think we have another in the “bigger man” category, and I’d like a Wells cover / protégée 

*ahem* semenyo

2 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

*ahem* semenyo

He’s now a “one for the current”....edged ahead of Diedhiou and now putting pressure on CM and NW....which is brilliant.  I’d be happy to see a younger one come in “for the future” but be good enough to come in and play minutes if need be now.

I’d hoped Hinds might’ve been that player....he still might (unlikely it seems tho’).

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s now a “one for the current”....edged ahead of Diedhiou and now putting pressure on CM and NW....which is brilliant.  I’d be happy to see a younger one come in “for the future” but be good enough to come in and play minutes if need be now.

I’d hoped Hinds might’ve been that player....he still might (unlikely it seems tho’).

Hinds will be released imo. Not sure any other striker in our youth is quite yet ready for first team exposure. Those closest are on loan I.E. Janneh but even he isn’t that close IMO.

i don’t think we need another striker even if Fam moves on. Happy with wells and Martin up top with semenyo and not forgetting weimann as 4th striker. Releases an extra bench spot for a midfielder too.

31 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Hinds will be released imo. Not sure any other striker in our youth is quite yet ready for first team exposure. Those closest are on loan I.E. Janneh but even he isn’t that close IMO.

i don’t think we need another striker even if Fam moves on. Happy with wells and Martin up top with semenyo and not forgetting weimann as 4th striker. Releases an extra bench spot for a midfielder too.

Yes, that’s why I’m suggesting we focus on the future.  That might already be sorted by the club’s view of Janneh, Britton, Bell etc.

I think when Morrell and Walsh return we may see Weimann regularly moved up top late on and a midfielder brought on (for the striker not swapped for Semenyo)

Janneh maybe could've been that 4th choice striker when Fam goes but he probably needs a loan to get back used to playing again after his injuries.

Sam Bell one of the better strikers for u23s atm.

Britton is on loan at torquay for only a month, could come back and occasionally be involved in the squad if Fam goes.

2 hours ago, Shtanley said:

I think when Morrell and Walsh return we may see Weimann regularly moved up top late on and a midfielder brought on (for the striker not swapped for Semenyo)

Janneh maybe could've been that 4th choice striker when Fam goes but he probably needs a loan to get back used to playing again after his injuries.

Sam Bell one of the better strikers for u23s atm.

Britton is on loan at torquay for only a month, could come back and occasionally be involved in the squad if Fam goes.

⬆️

From the very small sample I've seen, it looks to me that Britton is a natural scorer, but I don't know if he is up to the physical side of league games yet ?

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on at Torquay in the National League. He did well in mens football at Mangotsfield but its a big step up to Torquay and above.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

So if Fam isn't gone by tonight then it is probably unlikely he will be sold this window?

Although championship teams could well come in for him too. I think it is more likely he goes abroad.

Yep, and if he's away with Senegal it makes getting a deal done even more complicated. 

Archived