IGNORED

Diedhiou contract

REDOXO

He has been close to signing, longer than Walsh and Williams have been close to training with the group ?

If he's not going to sign, which would be clear to those that count now. Flog him on for whatever we can get, possibly £1m, I doubt any more. 
Could be time to move on, whether loan or permanent I would hope the club had plans in place.

47 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

He has been close to signing, longer than Walsh and Williams have been close to training with the group ?

If he's not going to sign, which would be clear to those that count now. Flog him on for whatever we can get, possibly £1m, I doubt any more. 
Could be time to move on, whether loan or permanent I would hope the club had plans in place.

My view is that I’d rather flog than see him sat here having signed a pre-contract.  Pre-contract is the worst scenario imho.

But I’m sure how easy it will be move him on though...but £1m seems about the most we could hope to get for him.

Bit of a mess....and one that puts a big negative on MA too.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bassomylord said:

assuming the reason he has had such little game time is due to him not signing a contract?

Bar his suspension he has rarely started even with Martin being clearly shattered.

Rumours of an iminent signing seems now like smoke and mirrors.

Assuming he will be gone in the summer?

A shame because I am sure his value is lower both in terms of wages for him and value we would get now than what it was back in the summer

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Like Eliasson, he's after the big bucks. That's why they both moved to England in the first place. 

The rumours of interest from Turkey persist. Like Eliasson, I think he's confident he can earn more elsewhere, so will be gone in the summer. 

Did you read that on twitter as well?

17 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Like Eliasson, he's after the big bucks. That's why they both moved to England in the first place. 

The rumours of interest from Turkey persist. Like Eliasson, I think he's confident he can earn more elsewhere, so will be gone in the summer. 

And who can blame him

1 hour ago, Bassomylord said:

assuming the reason he has had such little game time is due to him not signing a contract?

Bar his suspension he has rarely started even with Martin being clearly shattered.

Rumours of an iminent signing seems now like smoke and mirrors.

Assuming he will be gone in the summer?

Just like Nicky Maynard, he led the club a merry tune. City/Millen was confident he wanted to stay, we know the rest. COYR 

33 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

I would hope not, I guess we will find out at some point. Similar situation though without a doubt. COYR 

To be expected I suppose. The only one recently who did the right thing by the club contract wise was Flint. Wouldn't mind if he returned TBH and that normally goes against my grain.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

My view is that I’d rather flog than see him sat here having signed a pre-contract.  Pre-contract is the worst scenario imho.

But I’m sure how easy it will be move him on though...but £1m seems about the most we could hope to get for him.

Bit of a mess....and one that puts a big negative on MA too.

I think I'd rather he went in Jan if he has signed a pre contract. I rather get Opi games or even the young lad Britton. I don't think Fam would coast exactly, but it would surely be in his mind he could get a bad injury before he actually moved.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Is he leading us a merry game ?

Well, "that's the way the cookie rolls" ?

1 hour ago, Simon79 said:

I would hope not, I guess we will find out at some point. Similar situation though without a doubt. COYR 

But just because he doesn't sign a contract doesn't mean that he's 'led us a merry tune'. 

If he's assuring everyone at the club that he wants to sign and then doesn't, I'd agree with you.

If he's honest and simply doesn't want to sign a new contract - that's his right, and we've got no right to anything more.

Whether we'd ever know which of the two it is, I'm doubtful!

16 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think I'd rather he went in Jan if he has signed a pre contract. I rather get Opi games or even the young lad Britton. I don't think Fam would coast exactly, but it would surely be in his mind he could get a bad injury before he actually moved.

Indeedly doodly 

33 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Me too. In terms of what we know, we’ve offered him a deal, and he hasn’t signed it.  Still several avenues, but if the one chosen by him is a pre-contract, then I don’t want him here.  He is totally within his right to see out his final 6 months, but I think I’d leave him out of the squad for the rest of the season.  Sounds like cutting off your nose to spite your face, but hey-ho.

Not sure how MA spins this scenario.  Record signing at the time, second highest behind Kalas, leaves for zero.  Pretty poor, this was a player signed to take us to the next level or be sold for a large fee.  This wasn’t a “punt”.

Of course he might sign a deal, be sold, just giving my view on the pre-contract scenario.

25 minutes ago, italian dave said:

But just because he doesn't sign a contract doesn't mean that he's 'led us a merry tune'. 

If he's assuring everyone at the club that he wants to sign and then doesn't, I'd agree with you.

If he's honest and simply doesn't want to sign a new contract - that's his right, and we've got no right to anything more.

Whether we'd ever know which of the two it is, I'm doubtful!

Yep, all will be revealed....or not as the case may be ?

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not sure how MA spins this scenario.

To let so many players go into their last year is beyond careless. If they were in 2 minds , why not sell some of them and try and recoup some money. Having what, 8-10 potentially leaving for nothing is reckless , risky at best.

4 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Value will be limited now in January.... if we had an offer 4/5M last window should have taken it...  but no rumours we did ? what will a club pay now knowing he’s a free next summer? 

Exactly.  We got £2.25m for Eliasson with a season left.

I dread to think what amount we might get for Fam.

23 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Holden or Ashton saying we are in talks with Fam, Walsh, Pato or anyone else doesn't really mean anything. I think they will always say that about anyone even if we don't want to keep them on.

But they will always say that in order to keep the players value as high as possible to suitors. Doesn't mean that is the case.

Just now, 1960maaan said:

To let so many players go into their last year is beyond careless. If they were in 2 minds , why not sell some of them and try and recoup some money. Having what, 8-10 potentially leaving for nothing is reckless , risky at best.

I can hear Freddie Mercury and David Bowie warming their vocal chords.

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Good servant for us and apparently a nice guy, but I think we can do better.  Time to move him on, I think.

I struggle with this obsession with the term "servant".

He is not a servant, he does not bring us a tray of mince pies.

He is paid a huge sum of money to play football for BCFC. He is an employee on a contract that he has, so far,not agreed to renew. I expect better of servants but completely understand that  employees who are looking for the biggest wage and best opportunity that they may want to move on.

These players are not doing us a favour or being philanthropic - they'll leave at the first Agent call in order to chase their own ambition or pay packet - just like our other 'servant's- Joe Bryan, Marlon Pack, Bobby Reid etc etc.

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Problem is that while clubs are trying to survive the virus there is very little money floating around to pay transfer fees. I would think that those players  who do leave will do so for a fee a lot less than most of us would expect. The obvious roll on from that will be SL,JL & MA being accused of letting assets go too cheap and therefore have no ambition. I can almost see the posts on here now!! Especially from those allegedly ITK.

Archived