IGNORED

Diedhiou contract

REDOXO

32 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

He can only do this with a non English side I believe, to be honest its quite rare that this becomes public knowledge in the January before anyway....I can't think of a recent example where this happened?

Indeed, but it would be no surprise if there was Turkish and French interest.

Happens regularly in Germany, it’s rare in this country because England is where the money is.

Time to ship out the dead wood. Thank you for your service Fam and good luck.....accept a Boro offer at least try and get some money in the bank.

Potentially the start of the much needed clear out....Diedhiou is solid enough.....more a Wilbs than the Kodjia replacement we thought we were getting.

8 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Who would you suggest as realistic replacements? 

I don't care but Fam is not of high enough quality to be a striker in a team that wants to be promoted to the Prem.

It's up to the management to choose a better option.

2 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I don't care but Fam is not of high enough quality to be a striker in a team that wants to be promoted to the Prem.

Isn’t that what we are ?

I think he could be a very useful back up striker for a club like Burnley, Wolves, Sheff Utd ...

40 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

35 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Isn’t that what we are ?

I think he could be a very useful back up striker for a club like Burnley, Wolves, Sheff Utd ...

Both valid and probably correct views.  He’s probably not a differentiator for us in terms of getting us up, but at £20k per week (for sake of argument) that’s costly for us, but cheap as chips for a PL team for a different type of striker.

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fletcher seems like he would be a good idea.

Alternatively, would Assombalonga be in any way a viable part of any deal?

Both of are out of contract this summer, or is he one we wouldn't really consider all that much these days.

A splash on Assombalonga or Gayle to get us over the line , if we had everything else in place would be worth thinking about (Tho neither have torn up any trees for some while now for various reasons) 

But in our present shape ? it’s a no for me - we need to reshape and strengthen across the starting XI

Fletcher would be a ‘gamble’ i so much he’s not prolific 1 in every 4/5 games , but he’s only mid 20s and I’ve always liked his movement and could see him , as a useful cog 

I read this morning that Colins Middlesbrough are interested in Fam.

I wonder what we should do here.

In my opinion Fam is a player who realises that he has reached his best level and probably has 5-6 years of earning to set his family up for life.

I know that Bristol is a nice place to live but I cannot imagine that being a sub in our current underperforming team is a particular draw to stay.

As such I think there is a very good chance that he will move on at the end of this season.

I guess the choice to sell or keep him for his sub goals will be decided by what we could get for him.

Colin is a tight Yorkshireman and so I think we would do well to get £1.5 million.

With this we could buy somebody little better than Matty T.

So sell or keep?

P.S for all of those that said they would hate to have Colin as a manager, look at the league table. 

Wells getting loads of hate on this forum but people want to bring in Assombolonga. ? Then you get wish we would have signed Toney when he was available or Watkins but if we get linked with a L1 striker this place basically melts down. 

To be honest guys, there are not too many players available for a club like us that would succeed under our entire setup. Joe Williams was about as sure a thing we could sign and our medical staff has done wonders with him. Then the fit ones don’t get put in positions to do well. Then there is our general poor play with the ball. Doesn’t matter who we sign because we don’t have the right coaches to make them better and put them in positions to succeed. 

As for Fam, may cost us a few points this season but we shouldn’t need them to stay up. He isn’t going to fire us into top 6 so I am all for selling. Any little bit we receive helps us in covid times and no one in the top 6 has a striker as poor in a mobility sense as FD. He isn’t the way forward as much as I love the guy. Let us not compound it by giving him a small pay rise and 3 more years. 

1 minute ago, Clutton Caveman said:

P.S for all of those that said they would hate to have Colin as a manager, look at the league table. 

You'll get the same comments, for any time LJ was in the top 6 at whatever part of the season the reply was 'yeah but we want attractive football'. Personally wouldn't want Neil here as I don't like his encouragement of diving, feigning injury etc. You call Neil a tight Yorkshireman yet we managed to get £9m out of him for Bobby with 12 months on his contract after 1 season as a striker. £1.5m could help fund another person of Joe Williams level for anyone whose watched him, could go a way in current climate or if not spent £1.5m isn't to be sniffed at for general club finances atm.

I'm glad its only your opinion!. I believe you are wrong on every count of your post - which is probably why you posted it, right? Forums wouldnt be much fun if not controversial

I am as certain as i can be he knows his potential is much higher than a sub to Martin and Wells; He has proved that over 3 seasons and this year there are only two questions over Fam; how badly was he injured to keep him on the bench and how many times better is he than Wells? Maybe five?

I think your £1.5m should read £15m if the valuations of Wells, Kelly Kodyja were anywhere near todays market prices

I dont think Warnock's birthplace is relevant, he has never spent his money, just wasted that of the club owners silly enough to employ him.

Regarding looking at the table, i think we know what it says. You may like to look at Warnock's club history; some 20 clubs, mostly lower league and mostly ending in failure.

When we (under LJ) recently beat Cardiff the games win ratios of the two managers was quite similar but even though Warnock is mainly lower league, his ratio was lower.

We may not get back to the winning ways of Lj this season but we will do next, with DH or anyone else, but please not boring, cheating Warnock

To answer the OP, if Boro offered £1.5m I’d take it. I would imagine he’s on £12-15k wages, so we could save ourselves £300-350k in wages also.

From an FFP point of view, he is valued at circa £650k in the books, so would result in a small amount of transfer profit (£850k).

The fee is less than we paid Angers, so no sell-on fee due to them (assuming it was a profit percentage as is the most likely method).

The cost of keeping him is the further amortisation of the £650k to zero and £350k in wages....so £1m.

So crudely, selling him now for £1.5m is worth £2.5m to us.

In terms of a replacement, I’d be tempted to look at a loan for the rest of the season and either buy someone young now and gradually integrate, or look at keeping our powder dry until the summer.

I seriously do not want him to go for nothing in the summer, especially if he signs a pre-contract.  Even though Fam is a genuine guy, there may be a point whether giving his all for the team is compromised by not wanting to risk getting injured.

Just my view.

2 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

I'm glad its only your opinion!. I believe you are wrong on every count of your post - which is probably why you posted it, right? Forums wouldnt be much fun if not controversial

I am as certain as i can be he knows his potential is much higher than a sub to Martin and Wells; He has proved that over 3 seasons and this year there are only two questions over Fam; how badly was he injured to keep him on the bench and how many times better is he than Wells? Maybe five?

I think your £1.5m should read £15m if the valuations of Wells, Kelly Kodyja were anywhere near todays market prices

You know he's out of contract at the end of the season, right? So at the end of the season he can leave. For free. To whichever club he likes and City get absolutely nothing. As a result, in my opinion, £1.5M might be a reasonable fee to buy out the rest of his contract with us.

19 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

I am as certain as i can be he knows his potential is much higher than a sub to Martin and Wells; He has proved that over 3 seasons and this year there are only two questions over Fam; how badly was he injured to keep him on the bench and how many times better is he than Wells?

he wasn’t injured earlier this season when Holden favoured Wells and Martin, and even Semenyo came on as sub often before Famara.  He was late back to pre-season because of isolation, but he wasn’t injured.  He has been carrying a groin injury over recent weeks.

Maybe five?

but we aren’t in the same market now, nor is Fam’s contract at a similar position!

I dont think Warnock's birthplace is relevant, he has never spent his money, just wasted that of the club owners silly enough to employ him.

any facts to base this on across his 39 years as a manager?  Wasted at some clubs / some seasons, but he has been frugal in several jobs too.

Regarding looking at the table, i think we know what it says. You may like to look at Warnock's club history; some 20 clubs, mostly lower league and mostly ending in failure.

what a load of horseshit.  His last 21 years as manager have been at this level or higher.  The most promoted manager isn’t he.

When we (under LJ) recently beat Cardiff the games win ratios of the two managers was quite similar but even though Warnock is mainly lower league, his ratio was lower.

I suggest you check your facts.  Warnock’s win percentage at this level and above us actually higher than this record in lower leagues.

We may not get back to the winning ways of Lj this season but we will do next, with DH or anyone else, but please not boring, cheating Warnock

what winnings ways of LJ.  He pretty much average win 4, draw 3, lose 4 across all his time here.  I’ve added their Championship records below.  Really is the biggest load of tosh I’ve read on OTIB this year.  Made me chuckle though, so thanks. ???

⬆️⬆️⬆️ Wait til @BS4 on Tour... reads your post! ?

F5070F61-E100-4E59-AD2B-F7A8CE5B0497.jpeg.b20c498bc5d113c79d1f507dfdae721f.jpeg

99483A1D-AB22-403C-957D-FA34CC2B1059.thumb.jpeg.44944ca5e60fe6ca6ea5075e8ddba92d.jpeg

Archived