IGNORED

Diedhiou contract

REDOXO

31 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

We may not get back to the winning ways of Lj this season but we will do next, with DH or anyone else, 

Which winning ways?

As a STH I didn't notice much evidence of LJ's winning ways at AG for his last couple of seasons.

We lost or drew far more home games in that time than we won.

Mostly crap football too.

Not sure recent dealings in and out have produced a better team. How come so many are convinced this will change. 

Either quality of players drops or management can't get the best out of them. Therefore letting go and getting worse reinforces our downward spiral. FM would be good enough as would others with better team management. 

Think we should keep him for now if possible - only player who really challenges opposition even if skill levels, at times very good, are generally not good enough. 

Added defence duties really big asset too!! 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

To answer the OP, if Boro offered £1.5m I’d take it. I would imagine he’s on £12-15k wages, so we could save ourselves £300-350k in wages also.

From an FFP point of view, he is valued at circa £650k in the books, so would result in a small amount of transfer profit (£850k).

The fee is less than we paid Angers, so no sell-on fee due to them (assuming it was a profit percentage as is the most likely method).

The cost of keeping him is the further amortisation of the £650k to zero and £350k in wages....so £1m.

So crudely, selling him now for £1.5m is worth £2.5m to us.

In terms of a replacement, I’d be tempted to look at a loan for the rest of the season and either buy someone young now and gradually integrate, or look at keeping our powder dry until the summer.

I seriously do not want him to go for nothing in the summer, especially if he signs a pre-contract.  Even though Fam is a genuine guy, there may be a point whether giving his all for the team is compromised by not wanting to risk getting injured.

Just my view.

If we sold him as he hasn’t  asked for a transfer would we have to pay up his contract or agree to compensation of some sort to him.

Not sure how it works?

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️ Wait til @BS4 on Tour... reads your post! ?

I’m still spitting feathers Fevs! How anyone can question Warnock’s record is beyond me! He basically averages one promotion every four seasons over a managerial career spanning almost four decades - I may have to respond properly after a cheeky Malbec revs me up later on! ???????

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Anyone any good at French and fancy having a go at translating Diedhiou's instagram story? It's a block of text but looks like an 'official comment' on something or other. May not be football related.

Something about someone pretending to be him and sending his number and messages to people that he didn't send. There is something about his years in England but the story keeps changing too fast.

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Anyone any good at French and fancy having a go at translating Diedhiou's instagram story? It's a block of text but looks like an 'official comment' on something or other. May not be football related.

1 minute ago, Olé said:

Something about someone pretending to be him and sending his number and messages to people that he didn't send. There is something about his years in England but the story keeps changing too fast.

Put your finger on it, pauses it 

There seems to be three different numbers sending three different pictures too. I understand it as @Olé does, but my French is so rusty. He has reported to the police?

Now in English, yes someone pretending to be him and sending texts to people he doesn’t know. Odd

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

If we sold him as he hasn’t  asked for a transfer would we have to pay up his contract or agree to compensation of some sort to him.

Not sure how it works?

This can be a grey area.

Typically if a player puts in a transfer request because he wants to leave and therefore he negates any contract bonuses due.  Many years ago a City player was a customer of mine and explained that each year he got a bonus for staying and in fact the reason for us chatting was because he waiting for that payment to come through from his former club, as they initiated his transfer to City, not him.

So players don’t like handing in a request because of the above.  If the club transfer a player then he is still entitled to any bonus payments.

Obviously each contract can be different.

Then comes the next bit.  Back in the day the transfer fee was used to settle the existing contract (and is still often the case in American Sports), but over time the fee has changed in its concept in Europe / Football.  It’s become more of a market value tool / charge in our case.

So more likely Fam would agree new wages with Boro, Boro would agree transfer fee with City.  If all parties are happy, City and Fam would agree to end his contract bc transfer his registration to Boro.  Nice and simple!

Issues tend to occur when the buying club want to offer less wages than the player is currently on and the player (who hasn’t initiated the move) feels hard done by.  In this case the player might want some compensation.

A good example of this was JET, signed on a free from Ipswich but City couldn’t match his wages.  JET didn’t want to be out of pocket, so agreed to pay the difference in wages for the remainder of his contract.  Let’s just say he was on £20k at Ipswich and City could only afford £10k.  Ipswich want him off their books, 2 years left, but nobody will buy him at that wage, so Ipswich continue to pay him £10k for 2 years.

All hunky-dory....until the end of his contract (14/15).  JET is used to earning £20k (£10k from each club - no idea whether City paid the £20k and Ipswich repaid them, doesn’t matter really) and wants a new contract.  Ipswich’s burden has gone, City can’t afford £20k so he goes to QPR.

Thats the theory anyway.

I would imagine Fam will get a better wage at Boro than here.

People probably won’t like this but going to Boro (bigger club), with a manager who knows how to get promoted out of this division, on more money than he’s on now is probably a no brainer. I still standby if he loved the club/city so much like we’ve been told, it wouldn’t take 7 months to sign a deal

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This can be a grey area.

Typically if a player puts in a transfer request because he wants to leave and therefore he negates any contract bonuses due.  Many years ago a City player was a customer of mine and explained that each year he got a bonus for staying and in fact the reason for us chatting was because he waiting for that payment to come through from his former club, as they initiated his transfer to City, not him.

So players don’t like handing in a request because of the above.  If the club transfer a player then he is still entitled to any bonus payments.

Then comes the next bit.  Back in the day the transfer fee was used to settle the existing contract (and is still often the case in American Sports), but over time the fee has changed in its concept in Europe / Football.  It’s become more of a market value tool / charge in our case.

So more likely Fam would agree new wages with Boro, Boro would agree transfer fee with City.  If all parties are happy, City and Fam would agree to end his contract bc transfer his registration to Boro.  Nice and simple!

Issues tend to occur when the buying club want to offer less wages than the player is currently on and the player (who hasn’t initiated the move) feels hard done by.  In this case the player might want some compensation.

A good example of this was JET, signed on a free from Ipswich but City couldn’t match his wages.  JET didn’t want to be out of pocket, so agreed to pay the difference in wages for the remainder of his contract.  Let’s just say he was on £20k at Ipswich and City could only afford £10k.  Ipswich want him off their books, 2 years left, but nobody will buy him at that wage, so Ipswich continue to pay him £10k for 2 years.

All hunky-dory....until the end of his contract (14/15).  JET is used to earning £20k (£10k from each club - no idea whether City paid the £20k and Ipswich repaid them, doesn’t matter really) and wants a new contract.  Ipswich’s burden has gone, City can’t afford £20k so he goes to QPR.

Thats the theory anyway.

I would imagine that Fam would definitely get a better wage at Boro than here.

14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

People probably won’t like this but going to Boro (bigger club), with a manager who knows how to get promoted out of this division, on more money than he’s on now is probably a no brainer. I still standby if he loved the club/city so much like we’ve been told, it wouldn’t take 7 months to sign a deal

Why wouldn't people like facts? 

23 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Fam treating supporters like pawns in his transfer haggling is one of several, well, actually it seems one (Ashton) reason that I’m getting a little fatigued with my Club at the moment. 

Was a supporter of Fam most of the time although never realised his potential or justified his transfer fee.

If he wants out - just go! Stop playing games with us

Another whacking great loss for Ashton on his dealings.

As it goes, a sale would be a profit in FFP terms almost certainly- and a cost saving from amortisation POV too- or at least fee received-remaining book value- but then the remaining amortisation equal to the remaining book value so these two might cancel out.

Many ways to judge profit or loss, in football transfer dealings.

However we'll likely get less in terms of fee than we paid. Though without Covid might more of the trading have come off- interested to know how much fees at our level ie Championship-Championship dealings have been hit?

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Me too.

I would think Mark Ashton under pressure to save letting a club record signing (at the time) walk out the door for zilch.

Yep. Push the deal through. Take the money, free up the wage budget....a good servant but if we want to progress we need to upgrade. No time for sentiment.

Thanks to Covid, I can’t imagine many clubs have cash to spare, so I can see us taking an offer to save money. I think injuries have done for our season, so focus on next season and getting through the next few months. I can’t see more than 50% capacity for much of next season, so financial reality looms.

18 minutes ago, onlyotib said:

How about a straight swap for assombalonga or has this been already mentioned. Not sure on both players value or wages etc but both players could do a good job for their new clubs?

Wouldn't be a bad shout. The problem is, when do swaps ever really happen? they seem so rare, yet football fans are always calling for them (me included). 

1 minute ago, underhanded said:

Wouldn't be a bad shout. The problem is, when do swaps ever really happen? they seem so rare, yet football fans are always calling for them (me included). 

If we want BA and he wants to come here, just do separate transfers.  You might not sign on the dotted line until the other is done, but doesn’t have to be a swap.

1 minute ago, underhanded said:

I’m not sure and I can’t b bothered to look at the stats but I think assombalonga is in a similar position to fammy in which neither player is starting regular enough and both might be happy with a move to rejuvenate their career 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

If we want BA and he wants to come here, just do separate transfers.  You might not sign on the dotted line until the other is done, but doesn’t have to be a swap.

It does seems a good fair swap/ deal for both parties tho and i would say it’s not a unrealistic shout

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

If he Loved it so much he would of signed by now and yes it wouldn't take 7 months to sign also have a feeling he doesn't see the club making the next step up.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

This can be a grey area.

Thats the theory anyway.

That's why Ozil is still at Arsenal. He was about to be sold a year or so ago but was due an £8 million bonus, a month later, for staying.

Archived