IGNORED

Diedhiou contract

REDOXO

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

So if Fam isn't gone by tonight then it is probably unlikely he will be sold this window?

Although championship teams could well come in for him too. I think it is more likely he goes abroad.

If he doesn’t go today - looking unlikely, it wouldn’t surprise me if a contract is signed but with a mutually agreeable release clause, protecting both sides.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

If he doesn’t go today - looking unlikely, it wouldn’t surprise me if a contract is signed but with a mutually agreeable release clause, protecting both sides.

What makes you think Diedhou and his agent would agree to that as opposed to running down his contract and leaving on a free? 

29 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

What makes you think Diedhou and his agent would agree to that as opposed to running down his contract and leaving on a free? 

Only the risk of injury and / or being frozen out and then labelled a troublemaker.  

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Only the risk of injury and / or being frozen out and then labelled a troublemaker.  

I can’t see that scenario personally. I think Diedhou and his agent will line up a move abroad for when his contract expires. He’s 27 and prior to us spent most of his career in Ligue 2. This is his chance for a big signing on fee and a jump in wages. 

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Good news. Not bad at all for 4th choice striker!

Surely means Weimann will play in midfield all season.

Why? They're not the same type of striker, if once Williams/Walsh/Morrell are back Holden decides he wants Weimann's pressing ability upfront as a rotation option with Wells/Semenyo then can easily see him moving back upfront, especially if we want two intense forwards against some particular teams.

3 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

I can’t see that scenario personally. I think Diedhou and his agent will line up a move abroad for when his contract expires. He’s 27 and prior to us spent most of his career in Ligue 2. This is his chance for a big signing on fee and a jump in wages. 

That’s why I said it’s a risk.  I didn’t say it would, just it wouldn’t surprise me.

Absolutely a big chance....but there’s another risk that in a covid / post-covid climate the big signing on fee and jump in wages doesn’t materialise.

As 4th choice striker (currently) a lean season risks the above to some extent.  Even the next 3 months before he can sign a pre-contract abroad will possibly be damaged a bit by little game time.  Obviously that depends on how Holden uses him.

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

If Weimann is a key player for Holden and we have those 4 other strikers with us all season, then I would be very surprised if Weimann plays much at all up front. Of course if we get injuries. But as it is he is doing a very good job in midfield.

I don't think Holden has played Weimann up top once yet. And that last season before we even had Martin and the Semenyo we are now seeing.

Pre-season our 1st forward pairing was Wells/Weimann, once injuries/absences kicked in Weimann moved back to midfield. AW represents the type of midfielder we want and therefore he's there atm but Holden has also spoken about wanting to be able to win the ball back quickly upfield as well.

23 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

If Weimann is a key player for Holden and we have those 4 other strikers with us all season, then I would be very surprised if Weimann plays much at all up front. Of course if we get injuries. But as it is he is doing a very good job in midfield.

I don't think Holden has played Weimann up top once yet. And that last season before we even had Martin and the Semenyo we are now seeing.

He played him up top for part of a game moving him from midfield upon a sub, then when he made another sub, he moved him back again! ?

9 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Pre-season our 1st forward pairing was Wells/Weimann, once injuries/absences kicked in Weimann moved back to midfield. AW represents the type of midfielder we want and therefore he's there atm but Holden has also spoken about wanting to be able to win the ball back quickly upfield as well.

Yes, still think he will come under consideration for forward role once we see some more midfielders fit.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah fair enough. I like the idea of Weimann up top in the way it worked briefly with Afobe. I imagine it may work with Wells or Semenyo. I actually thought him and Semenyo showed potential as a partnership even if Semenyo looked nowhere near the levels he is now at. Stylistically it seemed a good fit.

But if that is what Holden is planning, whilst also having Wells - Martin, Wells - Semenyo, Martin - Semenyo options. Then I don't see where Fam is needed if Weimann is up top a fair bit too.

Mmmm, but of a dilemma for Fam! ?

20 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Sharing duties with Martin atm

Which is fine so long as it's 75 mins for Martin, 15 for Fammy at the end.

I'd go as far as saying that Chris Martin, and his hold-up play, is the most important element of our success to date. Fammy does not suit our style of play apart from helping out defensively to see games out. 

8 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Which is fine so long as it's 75 mins for Martin, 15 for Fammy at the end.

I'd go as far as saying that Chris Martin, and his hold-up play, is the most important element of our success to date. Fammy does not suit our style of play apart from helping out defensively to see games out. 

And in fairness to Martin he’s been doing the near post / mid-goals (LJ) defending more than adequately in the first part of games.  I’ve been watching him a lot.

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Mmmm, but of a dilemma for Fam! ?

If you're caught in a dilemna the best option is often to give yourself time. In that regard, Famara may as well put off signing a contract and assess in the summer. Best case scenario we win promotion and Fam gets his contract. Second best (for him) is he gets a good contract elsewhere to set his family up. 

Yea think some of you are dropping Fam down your lists far too fast. Chris Martin has started very well for us for sure. History tells us that he won’t keep to this level all season. I barely remember him getting shooting chances in open play. 

What is my point? Point is Fam will get minutes. He isn’t first choice at this minute but we have seen Fam come back from this before. He seems DH’s direct competition for CM. Martin isn’t starting the next 42 games with this schedule. Also Fam is a bit more of a scoring threat I think if not the link up player CM is. While both not mobile Fam is a bit faster and a better jumper. There is plenty of chances ahead. 

Fam can sign a new deal and still get minutes here. I am not sure footballers think there is 1 guy ahead of me I need to leave. They fight and back themselves to come on top. Especially if there financial terms are as good as they are going to get. He was our player of the season that finished two month ago. He isn’t bad now. He has always been kind of a slow starter as well. Everyone needs to calm down a bit. We are 4 games in. This isn’t the CM positions. It is the ST position where we have 4. 5 with Weimann but think DH likes a presence up top so he won’t be a direct replacement

47 minutes ago, Sturny said:

If I’m correct he can only leave to a domestic club now? Seems unlikely at the moment 

There are a few clubs he might be a good acquisition for.  Derby, Sheffield Wednesday jump out for me.  The irony of Derby would be funny!

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There are a few clubs he might be a good acquisition for.  Derby, Sheffield Wednesday jump out for me.  The irony of Derby would be funny!

This is pure speculation but I think he wants to leave England. Be so weird seeing him play for another champ team! 

1 minute ago, BOSRed said:

Am I right in saying foreign teams can still buy or loan our players but we can’t bring foreign players in?

No, the transfer window has closed for the vast majority of Europe (think Portugal is one of very few exceptions).

Only transfers that can happen now are between EFL clubs, though confusingly Prem clubs can buy from or sell to EFL ones as well, but not sign or sell to each other.

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

No, the transfer window has closed for the vast majority of Europe (think Portugal is one of very few exceptions).

Only transfers that can happen now are between EFL clubs, though confusingly Prem clubs can buy from or sell to EFL ones as well, but not sign or sell to each other.

Who came up with this? The Prime Minister? 

3 hours ago, GILLI said:

This is dragging on ... if he wanted to sign he would’ve by now ... offers been on the table for months ... do you think the club will transfer list him in Jan ? 

I'm pretty sure he can sign a pre contract elsewhere outside of England from January to go on a free in the summer if he wants. Might be wrong though..

5 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

assuming the reason he has had such little game time is due to him not signing a contract?

Bar his suspension he has rarely started even with Martin being clearly shattered.

Rumours of an iminent signing seems now like smoke and mirrors.

Assuming he will be gone in the summer?

I would like him to stay but if not then upwards and onwards

Archived