IGNORED

Boxing day : UPDATE Bristol will be in Tier 3

Robin Wood

8 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

Shows how bad the football is we can't even sell out 2000 tickets for the Wycombe game

Nothing to do with it. 

People are cautious about going,  and others may be in different tiers. 

Anyway. Can't wait. Have tickets for the game. 

Yes of course. Absolutely nothing to do with people being worried about a global pandemic, people living in Tiers that aren't allowed to attend, website issues, and only being able to buy tickets for one game out of a possible four...

Personally, despite our dismal form I can't wait for this. Been far too long!

• Admin
1 hour ago, kiwicolin said:

Nothing to do with it. 

People are cautious about going,  and others may be in different tiers. 

Anyway. Can't wait. Have tickets for the game. 

Everything to do with it

I'm confident the club have enough safety precautions and measures in place to make it a safe experience (like EVERY OTHER ground that have so far had supporters back) 

Boxing Day is my birthday and usually I would want nothing more than to watch City, no matter where in the country that is.

You couldn't give me a ticket to watch the rubbish we're being served at the moment, the LJ years were bad enough, and we've gone back to such negative football  watching paint dry would be more entertaining.

Being away from the ground for so long helps make it an easy decision. 

For reference, I'm in a whattsapp group of City supporters, the other 35 in the group feel exactly the same way 

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Being away from the ground for so long makes it an easy decision. 

That is a very good and pertinent point.
For years I couldn't understand my mates missing games. Fast forward to the first corporate seats in the Williams, we got brilliant seats after relegation from the Championship with Benny, but they realised they could sell out seats to firms and said we could keep them for double the price. I realised it had become a habit, it was the social side keeping me going down (echos of last year under LJ) so I stopped. Giving up my season ticket after about 15 years and only missing the odd game before that, was hard to start, it got easier. 

City will have to be careful when things get back to normal. I have a feeling they will lose quite a few SC holders, could be thousands if they set the new prices wrong. 

If you take the "day out" away from the experience it's just sat down on your own watching a terrible bristol city 11 in the cold.

I'll watch the 30 second highlight clip on my phone to see our solitary shot on target instead.

45 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

For years I couldn't understand my mates missing games. Fast forward to the first corporate seats in the Williams, we got brilliant seats after relegation from the Championship with Benny, but they realised they could sell out seats to firms and said we could keep them for double the price. I realised it had become a habit, it was the social side keeping me going down (echos of last year under LJ) so I stopped. Giving up my season ticket after about 15 years and only missing the odd game before that, was hard to start, it got easier. 

City will have to be careful when things get back to normal. I have a feeling they will lose quite a few SC holders, could be thousands if they set the new prices wrong. 

Good point about ST holders, definitely thinking of dumping the ST for good 

47 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I shall be one of those people - not missed the football at all. I will do the odd game and a few away games but won’t be getting a ST again 

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Will be boring....Dover just park the bus.

think you will find that Dover and also Folkstone are more progressive and use the new technique of stacking the Lorry but they do seem to get through a lot of coaches between them.

50 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Complete agreement.

I never dreamt when I retired that I would not be there for every game until my lid was screwed down. Now, having been away since February by the virus, I am beginning to doubt whether I will ever go to watch City again. The last three seasons has been dire entertainment, the most boring three seasons since I started in 1950. And that includes the Fourth Division!

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Was, want.................a medal ?

Last year my mate who I have been a season ticket holder together with for 35 years, was saying he had enough as the LJ brand of football was so sh1t, I persuaded him to keep coming, as it stands I am now coming around to his way of thinking, the football is dull and boring and I am quite happy to sit at home and watch on tv which takes little effort. I use to be so passionate about the game, going mental when conceding a goal or the ref gives a bad decision against us, now i find I am just a bit disappointing but not that worried. (bit like the team really)

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Everything to do with it

I'm confident the club have enough safety precautions and measures in place to make it a safe experience (like EVERY OTHER ground that have so far had supporters back) 

Boxing Day is my birthday and usually I would want nothing more than to watch City, no matter where in the country that is.

You couldn't give me a ticket to watch the rubbish we're being served at the moment, the LJ years were bad enough, and we've gone back to such negative football  watching paint dry would be more entertaining.

Being away from the ground for so long helps make it an easy decision. 

For reference, I'm in a whattsapp group of City supporters, the other 35 in the group feel exactly the same way 

Exactly this. This is the first time that I can remember, going back to the mid 70s, that I am not going to a home game, not because of work or holidays, but because I dont want to. 

There is not a chance in hell i would pay money to watch this team.. i can think of so many better ways to spend my Saturday’s then to watch a Bristol City team that are lucky to have a shot on target all game. Dean is a lovely bloke but i am tired of forking out my hard earned cash in support of ‘’lovely blokes’’ **** that for a laugh..!

2 hours ago, reddoh said:

think you will find that Dover and also Folkstone are more progressive and use the new technique of stacking the Lorry but they do seem to get through a lot of coaches between them.

With Dover stacking the lorry and the French having a history of waving the white flag, this should be an exciting clash, eapecially pictures if Dover can cross the maginot Line.

38 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Perhaps all these misery guts who say they ain't going and ain't interested any more would like to **** off from this forum then, as there is obviously nothing here for them ?

forum
/ˈfɔːrəm/

noun
  1. 1. 
    a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
    "we hope these pages act as a forum for debate"

6 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Every year pony like this gets posted and every year our season ticket sales increase! Funny that, I wonder if some people are attention seeking and claim to not want a ST after back to back defeats, but as soon as we win a couple all is alright with the world, :laugh:.

It stuns me that people who lived through the tenures of Keith Millen, Derek McInnes and Sean O’Driscoll (not to mention Joe Jordan second time, Tony Pulis and Brian Tinnion)  now say that the last three seasons have been the worst they’ve ever experienced.  We’ve been competing in the top half of one of the strongest divisions in the world.  Yes, there have been ups and downs, but I’ve been a City supporter for many years and the last three seasons (which presumably includes the cup run to the semi-finals) have been far from the worst.

Archived