IGNORED

Boxing day : UPDATE Bristol will be in Tier 3

Robin Wood

• Admin
47 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Just to clarify further it seems that as of this evening both Millwall & Ipswich have now postponed games. I think we would all be a tad daft if we thought others won't have to do the same unless we live in a world far away from reality. I fully expect that football is likely to close down again very soon given what we are being told about the new mutated virus. I get the impression that you think otherwise.  Could help our injury list.

Definitely, my point was very few clubs have impacted. 

Footballers are living in a different kind of world to us 

I will be at meadow park watching Gloucester city.1,000 sell out 

Enjoyable to watch and a good atmosphere in a small ground.

I will be glued to my phone for the latest score from the gate,but just can't see the point in going until the restrictions are lifted,whenever that will be.

39 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Absolute nonsense and you know it. Lots of season ticket holders purchase their tickets later than March for a whole host of reasons.  You can't honestly have believed that the figure would have stayed at 12,000 if it wasn't for covid???

Yeh this is correct. You always get people who buy before the first early bird deadline and then those who pay after. I think it would have been a similar figure overall despite the LJ factor. 

24 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Absolute nonsense and you know it. Lots of season ticket holders purchase their tickets later than March for a whole host of reasons.  You can't honestly have believed that the figure would have stayed at 12,000 if it wasn't for covid???

Not if they wanted to retain their seat.

March 15th was the deadline for that, something you didn't seem to factor into your earlier post.

I don't think the figure would have increased significantly from that - the fans were sending a clear message they were dissatisfied with Johnson and the atrocious standard of the fare on offer at AG. 

Whatever the final figure ST sales would have been well down on last season for those reasons imo. 

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Definitely, my point was very few clubs have impacted. 

Footballers are living in a different kind of world to us 

The next week or so will be interesting then especially as more teams (Sunderland & Rotherham) postpone games.

11 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

At least twice recently we’ve gone back to the keeper within seconds of us having a corner. It seems on the increase this season. Infuriating at times

Manager. "We played well, we had 72% possession.

Interviewer. " yes, but you lost 1-0

Manager . "Ah yes but we held onto the ball well..........."

doesn't it just sum up our style of play.

3 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Manager. "We played well, we had 72% possession.

Interviewer. " yes, but you lost 1-0

Manager . "Ah yes but we held onto the ball well..........."

doesn't it just sum up our style of play.

To use another sporting phrase: All the gear but no idea!”

58 minutes ago, phantom said:

This is interesting, I am curious about the justification behind the different answers

Tier 2 restrictions state that alcohol can only be sold at entertainment events if it's consumed whilst sat down in view of the performance area.

The longstanding rule is that alcohol can't be consumed in view of the pitch at football (above certain levels), whereas at rugby it can. I'd assume that anyone buying alcohol at the rugby wouldn't be allowed to stand on the concourse to drink it, they'd have to go back to their seat. That's what happened when I went to the theatre last week.

• Admin
56 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Tier 2 restrictions state that alcohol can only be sold at entertainment events if it's consumed whilst sat down in view of the performance area.

The longstanding rule is that alcohol can't be consumed in view of the pitch at football (above certain levels), whereas at rugby it can. I'd assume that anyone buying alcohol at the rugby wouldn't be allowed to stand on the concourse to drink it, they'd have to go back to their seat. That's what happened when I went to the theatre last week.

So would explain why football is close to being allowed to drink alchohol in the stands

14 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

At least twice recently we’ve gone back to the keeper within seconds of us having a corner. It seems on the increase this season. Infuriating at times

Everyone does it these days and it’s extremely irritating.  What’s doubly frustrating is that the keeper then gives it a hopeful boot up field, which any of the players involved in passing back to the keeper could easily have done (and with better effect).

I see City have sent another email now, saying that the 1 Ticket restriction has been lifted. 
Clearly there is not the take-up that they were hoping. 
Could be numerous reasons - Pricing and Value for Money I think, would be the main ones.

People have received refunds for these games. Now they’re being asked to pay, in some cases, double what they’d originally paid for the game. 
I don’t disagree necessarily with the pricing, they need all the money they can get, but it’s clear that not too many folks are interested in attending a sanitised match, essentially as a guinea pig, potentially exposing themselves to a virus, to watch unattractive football in the company of no one they know. 

Interesting times!! 

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I see City have sent another email now, saying that the 1 Ticket restriction has been lifted. 
Could be numerous reasons - Pricing and Value for Money I think, would be the main ones.

People have received refunds for these games. Now they’re being asked to pay, in some cases, double what they’d originally paid for the game. 
I don’t disagree necessarily with the pricing, they need all the money they can get, but it’s clear that not too many folks are interested in attending a sanitised match, essentially as a guinea pig, potentially exposing themselves to a virus, to watch unattractive football in the company of no one they know. 

Interesting times!! 

Honestly don’t think cost is an issue. The fact it isn’t proper (ie sit in your seat, go for drink before and after game, celebrate like you want with others, have a good atmosphere with away fans etc) will be the main reason I reckon.

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Honestly don’t think cost is an issue. The fact it isn’t proper (ie sit in your seat, go for drink before and after game, celebrate like you want with others, have a good atmosphere with away fans etc) will be the main reason I reckon.

Dunno. I think cost comes into it. 
Had they not issued refunds yet, and said to people they could apply for a ticket at no extra cost, I think a fair few more may well have done. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Interesting times!! 

The thing that stuck out for me on the email was this:

- If the game is played behind closed doors due to Bristol not being in tier 2, tickets will be moved to the next available game that has not been put on sale

Couple of points there:

- Clearly, they don’t want to give refunds....

- For those of us who are in tier 3, and would like to attend if both our area and AG were in tier 2, this seems massively unjust. Essentially, because the club have decided, in a display of idiocy, to sell tickets for games one month away now, we’re excluded from buying (I get Boxing Day being on sale but Hudds on 24th Jan??)

And now others can buy for more than one game because they’re in T2 today - and the games are 99% certain to be behind closed doors - so they get first dibs when the games are eventually rescheduled, even if we’re “equal tier” by then!

The pricing you can argue. People not wanting to attend in this circumstance I understand. What I think is dire by the club is selling tickets for games one month away when Bristol has had three different sets of restrictions in a month, and is likely to change again. That’s just irresponsible.

The only sensible thing to do IMO would have been to sell tickets 1 week before the game so people at least have an idea if they could attend

FWIW I think people aren’t buying as they think the games will be behind closed doors in any case. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Had they not issued refunds yet, and said to people they could apply for a ticket at no extra cost, I think a fair few more may well have done. 

Also, people have got used to watching live streams either for £10 or free.

£25 over Christmas suddenly becomes an issue.....especially under the current regulations, coupled with the type of football being played at the moment. No disrespect to Wycombe, but they are not the most attractive opponents either.

54 minutes ago, Harry said:

Some will but most people are saving money doing nothing so an extra £10 is nothing really unless you have lost your job. The main reason will be it’s not a proper match day experience and all that goes with it.

7 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Some will but most people are saving money doing nothing so an extra £10 is nothing really unless you have lost your job. The main reason will be it’s not a proper match day experience and all that goes with it.

I think the two are intrinsically linked. People won’t pay the extra because it’s not a proper match day experience. 

• The title was changed to Boxing day : UPDATE Bristol will be in Tier 3
1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

As I said earlier, idiotic decision by the club to sell tickets for games in Jan when we knew tier changes would come. Every sympathy over the Boxing Day game, but the club have created additional problems and refund need by assuming a month in T2

The clu stated tickets purchased will move  to the next available game

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

As I said earlier, idiotic decision by the club to sell tickets for games in Jan when we knew tier changes would come. Every sympathy over the Boxing Day game, but the club have created additional problems and refund need by assuming a month in T2

I think that's a bit harsh. I think the club were right to try to get supporters back into the games whilst we were in Tier 2.
They weren't to know that these changes would come in so quickly.
Even if fans could get back for one game, it would still have been worth it.

They have created additional problems with refunds etc, but good on them for at least trying.

Archived