IGNORED

Boxing day : UPDATE Bristol will be in Tier 3

Robin Wood

14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

As I said earlier, idiotic decision by the club to sell tickets for games in Jan when we knew tier changes would come. Every sympathy over the Boxing Day game, but the club have created additional problems and refund need by assuming a month in T2

And the email sent out at about 1pm today - inviting people to buy for more games - looks very ill timed. Especially if they aren't going to refund.

2 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

January and February are going to be extremely Grim football should be the least of anybodys worries the whole country will go into a full lockdown 

It was always going to be a really difficult couple of months. I’m surprised people are surprised tbh. Winter month were always going to see a big spike as you do with flus and colds etc. The new variant has just exasperated that.  

11 minutes ago, lenred said:

It was always going to be a really difficult couple of months. I’m surprised people are surprised tbh. Winter month were always going to see a big spike as you do with flus and colds etc. The new variant has just exasperated that.  

Agreed, but people can be a tad daft.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Football wasn't stopped during the lockdown in November, so why would it be now?

When you get a situation that one team in a league has played seven games more than another it all gets a bit Mickey Mouse imo. We’re not there yet but if we do get there I can see it getting knocked on the head.

• Admin

29 minutes ago, markcarter said:

Highly likely the league season will be suspended in January and then eventually terminated when it becomes clear that infection rates continue at a high level beyond April.

It's not highly likely at all, there are still 10 clubs that can allow supporters in, the whole point of these restrictions it to control the spread.

Football has enough measures in place to carry on just like it did in previous lockdown

Just now, Numero Uno said:

When you get a situation that one team in a league has played seven games more than another it all gets a bit Mickey Mouse imo. We’re not there yet but if we do get there I can see it getting knocked on the head.

Maybe the lower leagues but no way in the Prem, far too much money at stake for the TV co’s. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Valid but very random point, as you say, nobody is near this

33 minutes ago, markcarter said:

Highly likely the league season will be suspended in January and then eventually terminated when it becomes clear that infection rates continue at a high level beyond April.

Sorry but that's just claptrap, as soon as the vaccines start taking effect the numbers becoming ill will plummet, most people that are vulnerable will have been protected long before April, it's people like yourself with doom and gloom attitudes that really p me off the fact is at the moment things look bad but you are blinkered if you can't see better times lie just over the horizon.

1 minute ago, markcarter said:

I don’t believe it will play out like that I’m afraid.  We have a government that has got everything wrong in dealing with the pandemic so far and it is massive odds on that they will continue to do so.  The suggested timelines are pie in the sky.

I will agree that they have made a pigs ear of most things, but I genuinely believe the roll out of the vaccine, and more are coming on stream very soon will quickly turn things around at least for the more vulnerable in our society, they have to get this right as there is too much at stake not to.

1 hour ago, 8 men had a dream said:

I think that's a bit harsh. I think the club were right to try to get supporters back into the games whilst we were in Tier 2.
They weren't to know that these changes would come in so quickly.
Even if fans could get back for one game, it would still have been worth it.

They have created additional problems with refunds etc, but good on them for at least trying.

I think the point Silvio makes is that it was all well and good to sell tickets for the Boxing Day game, but as the tier review was originally due on 2nd Jan, it was pretty obvious to everyone that there’d be tier changes after Christmas. So I just didn’t see the point of them selling tickets for games in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of January when every man and his dog knew the games wouldn’t be going ahead with fans. 

Edit. 
To then compound that by emailing supporters about ticket arrangements, literally 1 hour before the tier level was changed, smacks of an incredible naivety. 
Was someone at BCFC not watching the news?? 

28 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think the point Silvio makes is that it was all well and good to sell tickets for the Boxing Day game, but as the tier review was originally due on 2nd Jan, it was pretty obvious to everyone that there’d be tier changes after Christmas. So I just didn’t see the point of them selling tickets for games in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of January when every man and his dog knew the games wouldn’t be going ahead with fans. 

Edit. 
To then compound that by emailing supporters about ticket arrangements, literally 1 hour before the tier level was changed, smacks of an incredible naivety. 
Was someone at BCFC not watching the news?? 

Or they wanted to get some money in quickly before they knew it would be stopped....

• Admin
1 hour ago, richyy66 said:

Not according to Paul Lambert of Ipswich - He seems to think it only the Premiership Elite that get that - Its a shame they don't do that for the important people of the county such as Nurses and Support Workers.

They do.  My Mrs gets a test every week and she is limited to home working, but they don’t treat her differently from her colleagues who can still do the frontline work.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

What exactly have the club done wrong here? They sold tickets for a game they thought was allowing fans in on BD? Unless i have missed something?

It’s not Boxing Day that I think anyone objects to. It’s the selling of games one month later when the world and his wife knew a tier move was likely, and then after lockdown became more likely, trying to force that sale more today. It’s all a bit amateur.

8 minutes ago, Super said:

What exactly have the club done wrong here? They sold tickets for a game they thought was allowing fans in on BD? Unless i have missed something?

They haven’t done anything wrong. 
But it was a bit naive to sell tickets for fixtures beyond 2 weeks. The world and his wife knew they wouldn’t be going ahead 

Archived