IGNORED

Boxing day : UPDATE Bristol will be in Tier 3

Robin Wood

19 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You think this is bad, UEFA will have had my ticket money for Euro 2020 for coming on for 2 years by the time the games are played! And still there's no guarantee the tournament will go ahead in front of fans this summer. 

Iv got nearly £4000 tied up with them but I think at present if we get a refund we will be better off du to exchange rates 

24 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You think this is bad, UEFA will have had my ticket money for Euro 2020 for coming on for 2 years by the time the games are played! And still there's no guarantee the tournament will go ahead in front of fans this summer. 

Genuine question from someone who has tried to avoid the news as let’s face it it’s all crap at the moment but is  their likely to be fans at the tournament?

Less cases in the summer and more vaccination I was hoping for some normality next year

30 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The BBC are missing a trick here.

If they were to screen the last Euro u21 tournament in full, it's be a lot like watching the main tournament next year! 

(Yes, I am being silly, before any of of nonsense vacuums start).

26 minutes ago, Super said:

What exactly have the club done wrong here? They sold tickets for a game they thought was allowing fans in on BD? Unless i have missed something?

I don't think they've done anything wrong: it seemed like a reasonable approach to try to give as many season ticket holders as possible an opportunity to get to a game if they wanted to. Fans buying tickets for Jan must have known there was a degree of risk - maybe less so Boxing Day.

As I've said above, I don't think the email they sent today inviting people to buy more tickets was a good idea. At the time it was sent out there were clear signals that an announcement was imminent about changes to the tiers.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Did you not have the chance to get your money back?  I did.  I was happy to wait and see what happens though.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That’s what they said didn’t they.

Yep. They’ve now confirmed. I’ve seen a bit of a meltdown on Twitter. Plenty of fans saying you’ve taken my money and have no idea when they’ll get to see the product they’ve paid for. 
They really ought to have given a refund option. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. They’ve now confirmed. I’ve seen a bit of a meltdown on Twitter. Plenty of fans saying you’ve taken my money and have no idea when they’ll get to see the product they’ve paid for. 

It was expressly stated what the policy was. Everyone buying a ticket bought it expressly under those T&Cs. 

This isn’t the same as when the original season tickets for last / this season were effectively voided and the league was resuming without fans and we just went quiet as long as possible. 

Anyone who has bought a ticket in the past two days and a) been surprised by this announcement today and is now b) complaining about not having access to their £25 is an absolute idiot. 

4 hours ago, 8 men had a dream said:

I think that's a bit harsh. I think the club were right to try to get supporters back into the games whilst we were in Tier 2.
They weren't to know that these changes would come in so quickly.
Even if fans could get back for one game, it would still have been worth it.

They have created additional problems with refunds etc, but good on them for at least trying.

I think most people were noticing it was very likely a lockdown of some sort was coming in January, but admittedly the last 2 weeks have moved very quickly.

2 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Genuine question from someone who has tried to avoid the news as let’s face it it’s all crap at the moment but is  their likely to be fans at the tournament?

Less cases in the summer and more vaccination I was hoping for some normality next year

Personally think it's doubtful. Will all participating countries have vaccines by then? It seems irresponsible to have people travelling all across the continent during a pandemic, we'd have to be in a considerably better place by then. Hopefully the UK will be but not sure about everyone across Europe

54 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

It was expressly stated what the policy was. Everyone buying a ticket bought it expressly under those T&Cs. 

This isn’t the same as when the original season tickets for last / this season were effectively voided and the league was resuming without fans and we just went quiet as long as possible. 

Anyone who has bought a ticket in the past two days and a) been surprised by this announcement today and is now b) complaining about not having access to their £25 is an absolute idiot. 

In fairness who knows when the next game will be. Imo the least the club could’ve done, after today’s shitty news and feeling, would be to at least send a robinstv code to cover the game. The average fan who got a ticket is now looking at paying £35 to watch us lose to Wycombe at home on robinstv at this rate...

1 hour ago, tommy_b said:

Yep, zero problem with the T’s & C’s of purchase and agree that anyone who made the purchase should indeed know those rules. 
I just think that, given the whole shittiness of the situation, and particularly the short notice cancellation of the Boxing Day game, the club could at least offer the option of a refund. Many may not take it up and be happy to roll over to the next possible game. Just ought to be an option really, imho. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Yep, zero problem with the T’s & C’s of purchase and agree that anyone who made the purchase should indeed know those rules. 
I just think that, given the whole shittiness of the situation, and particularly the short notice cancellation of the Boxing Day game, the club could at least offer the option of a refund. Many may not take it up and be happy to roll over to the next possible game. Just ought to be an option really, imho. 

No one will mind Harry when the first game fans are allowed back , and this the game for those tickets is Spurs at home on Premier League opening day in August ......

On the other hand it wouldn’t be so sexy if it’s Rochdale at home in League One !

(I jest as I don’t think we are that poor)

11 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Manager. "We played well, we had 72% possession.

Interviewer. " yes, but you lost 1-0

Manager . "Ah yes but we held onto the ball well..........."

doesn't it just sum up our style of play.

Well, no- not really.

Because to in general regularly use possession but to little effect, we would need to regularly control, to be in control of, the ball.

Not been a possession first side since perhaps 2017/18! First 9-10 games of this season looked promising but since then...

In fact last 10 games, maybe overall this and definitely last we have averaged <50%. Therefore no.

You're basically perpetuating the myth with part of that, that we are a possession based side when in fact it is not the case, and has not been for some time!

3 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Fair play Sticks, was it you that used to wear a City beanie hat with Turkey and Poland 1991 embroidered onto it. Remember it from my early A block Dolman days

Fair play mate that’s some memory 

still have that hat it was turkey and Poland away in 1991 

it’s a little on the small side now 

merry Christmas regards sticks 

Just now, sticks 1969 said:

Fair play mate that’s some memory 

still have that hat it was turkey and Poland away in 1991 

it’s a little on the small side now 

merry Christmas regards sticks 

Remember them days like yesterday mate, like one big family going away from home, everyone seems to recognise each other and acknowledge one other.  Great times , great memories.

Have a good in mate, stay safe

Just now, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Remember them days like yesterday mate, like one big family going away from home, everyone seems to recognise each other and acknowledge one other.  Great times , great memories.

Have a good in mate, stay safe

Yes it was great times unfortunately never going to happen again 

13 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I think most people were noticing it was very likely a lockdown of some sort was coming in January, but admittedly the last 2 weeks have moved very quickly.

Personally think it's doubtful. Will all participating countries have vaccines by then? It seems irresponsible to have people travelling all across the continent during a pandemic, we'd have to be in a considerably better place by then. Hopefully the UK will be but not sure about everyone across Europe

Maybe they could do some sort of enforced vaccination before being allowed to travel. 

something like pay privately and have to provide proof in order to be given clearance 

22 hours ago, Harry said:

They really should have given a refund option.  Out of order that they haven’t.  Means that those who have bought tickets are lending the club yet more money for something we haven’t received and have no idea when we will.  On top of the season ticket.  

I’m very happy that everyone always reads the t and c s before buying anything online and that they think anyone who doesn’t is an idiot.  Me, I don’t have the time for that and I stupidly keep thinking the club might just once do the decent thing.  They really are a bunch of ****s 

43 minutes ago, SouthS22 said:

I’m very happy that everyone always reads the t and c s before buying anything online and that they think anyone who doesn’t is an idiot.  Me, I don’t have the time for that and I stupidly keep thinking the club might just once do the decent thing.  They really are a bunch of ****s 

It was literally right in front of you when you went on the page to buy tickets. You had to scroll past it, nothing was buried or hidden. 

If it was so obvious how come lots of people like me didn’t see it? Are we all thick as two short planks? Perhaps we were just excited to book a ticket to see our team and didnt expect the purchase to come with ridiculous conditions.  

I don’t know of any other context when you buy a ticket for something they say they’re keeping the money even if they can’t deliver the event.  If it isn’t illegal, and I’m not sure that doesn’t fail some of the key elements in contact formation, it’s definitely unethical. It’s treating us like **** as usual.  

2 minutes ago, SouthS22 said:

If it was so obvious how come lots of people like me didn’t see it? Are we all thick as two short planks? Perhaps we were just excited to book a ticket to see our team and didnt expect the purchase to come with ridiculous conditions.  

I don’t know of any other context when you buy a ticket for something they say they’re keeping the money even if they can’t deliver the event.  If it isn’t illegal, and I’m not sure that doesn’t fail some of the key elements in contact formation, it’s definitely unethical. It’s treating us like **** as usual.  

You clearly failed to read the article on buying tickets, it couldn’t had been clearer.

Stop blaming others for your mistake. 

19 minutes ago, SouthS22 said:

Yes

On 24/12/2020 at 18:27, SouthS22 said:

They really should have given a refund option.  Out of order that they haven’t.  Means that those who have bought tickets are lending the club yet more money for something we haven’t received and have no idea when we will.  On top of the season ticket.  

If you “don’t have the time” you’ve only yourself to blame really. Hope you don’t buy online regularly, asking to be conned!

Archived