IGNORED

Louis Britton stockport loan

Mark barton

I thought when he left Torquay it was an unusual move to Stockport another side in the same league. I have followed their line ups since then and the guy has hardly played and just warms the bench. What is the point of this loan? He would be better off in the National league in a weaker side where he may get game time. Who arranges these loans? Or is someone at city doing a mate a favour?

1 minute ago, Mark barton said:

I thought when he left Torquay it was an unusual move to Stockport another side in the same league. I have followed their line ups since then and the guy has hardly played and just warms the bench. What is the point of this loan? He would be better off in the National league in a weaker side where he may get game time. Who arranges these loans? Or is someone at city doing a mate a favour?

Presumably Tinnion whose record with the other loans he has arranged is pretty decent I think. Every now and again you will get one that doesn’t work out as hoped. It could be down to Stockport but alternatively it could simply be the player not performing?

23 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Louis is good enough for the starting eleven but the people making the decision have no belief in themselves

Not sure if he is quite at the level to be starting games in the Championship just yet but he is definitely going to be a big player for us in the future i get a feeling..

You have to remember it was less than 2 years ago he was playing for Mangotsfield in the southern league so he has come a long way in a short space of time - no need to rush the lad into league football just yet and stunt his development IMO.

2 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We did not pay £5m for him though so he can't be played

What you mean unlike expensive players like Opi Edwards and Sam Bell.  Oh yes, and that £5m we paid for Zak Vyner was well spent, wasn’t it?  And Antoine Semenyo too of course, cost us a fortune...

When did we last have so many home-grown or developed players in or around the first team squad? 

2 hours ago, bris red said:

Not sure if he is quite at the level to be starting games in the Championship just yet but he is definitely going to be a big player for us in the future i get a feeling..

You have to remember it was less than 2 years ago he was playing for Mangotsfield in the southern league so he has come a long way in a short space of time - no need to rush the lad into league football just yet and stunt his development IMO.

Think hes gonna be good for us when we snapped him up he had sheff unt and stoke trying to sign him .

12 hours ago, JonDolman said:

He's probably quite far away from being ready, but definitely has a chance. One hell of a shot on him. A big striker who's aggressive. He seems to like to shoot however far out when he gets the chance to.

I'd be tempted to give him a go now, at least from the bench, just for that - and for God's sake don't change him by giving him instructions to not shoot.

3 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Jordan Pickford will clatter in to him, and wreck his knee, you reckon?

Pickford is renowned as a mover, and, it follows, quite possibly a shaker.

We can only hope one of his less careful movements in the future doesn't disastrously shake up Louis' knee in horrendous Cheese- like fashion.

Archived