IGNORED

Never feel alone, It's good to talk !!

phantom

On 21/12/2021 at 23:10, Hxj said:

Hi All

I am outwardly a successful professional, I earn very good money, nice house, nice cars, nice holidays (until March 2020), my partner and I have a good life, well we did until she died unexpectedly aged 58 in September a few days after a minor operation.  No one's fault, underlying health issues caught up with her.

Thank you all who take notice of me.

It has really helped.

Give your loved ones a hug this Christmas.

Hi, a good win today. Always makes the world seem a better place. I am a clinical hypnotherapist and offer a free session to help others in the group. Hypnotherapy can really help with grief and many other issues. Let me know if you would like to chat and get some support. Kind regards  Chris. www.timetothinkhypnotherapy.com 

36 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Oh boy,

No idea where to start with this one. 

Last 2 years have been ridiculous 

The last 12 months beyond insane. 

Attempted to be Sexually assaulted by my then Landlord

Stalked by a previous stalker, who reappeared for no reason, got warned and disappeared again. 

Two moves because of the above. 

In the latest gripping installment of wtf is life. 

I'm off to give a statement to the police on Wednesday after my ex has effectively skipped town owing me 1500 quid and a long and sustained period of physical and domestic violence. 

That's on top of both parents having had Covid 19 over Xmas and dealing with a long term shoulder injury. 

That doesn't even cover half of it... 

Happy New Year 

Don't keep it to yourself. Talk to people about it if you can...there's people out there who can help. Those who will listen. Sharing a problem can help. Plus a few of us on here who are happy to communicate bearing in mind confidentiality issues of course. And try to look ahead as positively as you can. Many of us have had issues in the past we've got over or maybe are still dealing with but you're not on your own remember that. Take care.?

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Hi All

I am outwardly a successful professional, I earn very good money, nice house, nice cars, nice holidays (until March 2020), my partner and I have a good life, well we did until she died unexpectedly aged 58 in September a few days after a minor operation.  No one's fault, underlying health issues caught up with her.

It has really helped.

So sorry for your loss. I like so many others enjoy your posts, especially concerning FFP. I often think HXJ will be along in a minute to make sense of it all. Keep your head up fellow Red, you are amongst friends here.

• Like 4

Hi All

It has really helped.

Hey mate. 

I haven’t been on this thread for a while and I’m so desperately sorry to read your story. 

I lost my mum in March. Just suddenly taken ill with heart complications and died a couple of weeks later. I’d never had to deal with loss before so it’s been pretty difficult, so I can only imagine how you’re feeling. 

Just know that we’re here should you need us. By and large we’re a pleasant lot on here, and irrespective of whether you’re the biggest LJ fan in the world, you’re always welcome to drop me a PM. 

Thoughts are with you mate. 

Fordy

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

I have been going to a regular counsellor for a while now took me a long time to accept i needed help after a realationship split and a few other things but without doubt it's the best decision i have ever made. I'm not there yet but know i am making progress. Don't keep it to yourself get the help.

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

On 02/01/2022 at 17:24, Tafkarmlf said:

Oh boy,

No idea where to start with this one. 

Last 2 years have been ridiculous 

The last 12 months beyond insane. 

Attempted to be Sexually assaulted by my then Landlord

Stalked by a previous stalker, who reappeared for no reason, got warned and disappeared again. 

Two moves because of the above. 

In the latest gripping installment of wtf is life. 

I'm off to give a statement to the police on Wednesday after my ex has effectively skipped town owing me 1500 quid and a long and sustained period of physical and domestic violence. 

That's on top of both parents having had Covid 19 over Xmas and dealing with a long term shoulder injury. 

That doesn't even cover half of it... 

Happy New Year 

Hi, sorry to hear what you've been through. I'm a clinical hypnotherapist and offer people in this group free sessions to help them out. If you would like to message me, I would be happy to help. Many people have no clue about hypnotherapy and how it works. It has helped me massively over the last few years, dealing with the loss of my daughter Aoife and son Lucas in 2014 and coming to terms with partial deafness. That's why I trained, so I can help others. You can find out more at www.timetothinkhypnotherapy.com . All the best, Chris.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Pippintogg said:

Hi, sorry to hear what you've been through. I'm a clinical hypnotherapist and offer people in this group free sessions to help them out. If you would like to message me, I would be happy to help. Many people have no clue about hypnotherapy and how it works. It has helped me massively over the last few years, dealing with the loss of my daughter Aoife and son Lucas in 2014 and coming to terms with partial deafness. That's why I trained, so I can help others. You can find out more at www.timetothinkhypnotherapy.com . All the best, Chris.

I had hypnotherapy for anxiety-related blushing - silly little thing to most people, but it crippled me socially. Ever since, I've been so much more confident. Would recommend to anyone. 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

On 15/08/2021 at 07:14, Tre Bong said:

I'm done...really done...sorry guys and gals but i don't want to live in this ****** up world any more. I have set a date on the 23rd (my 43rd birthday), i have the BBQ  and the vodka ready. 

YOU 

ALL

Anyone heard anything from Tre Bong?

Does anyone know Tre Bong outside otib? Social media, family? Not looking to dox but just to make sure all is well. 

From my own experience, I know how easy it is to want to give up or even have no control over what goes through your own mind. 

Do hope they are well and everyone else on here too 

• Like 1

On 05/01/2022 at 16:30, ZiderEyed said:

I had hypnotherapy for anxiety-related blushing - silly little thing to most people, but it crippled me socially. Ever since, I've been so much more confident. Would recommend to anyone. 

Great to hear. It can be life changing. Many people still don't understand how it works and why it can help. I'm trying to change that. 

• Admin
18 hours ago, The Batman said:

I was in 2 minds as to whether to post this considering the nature of some of the stories on here but I've just finished after life series 2, and the near end scene of the last episode with the pills and the dog barking at him. That one really hit home. 

Just binge watched series 3, like you say it is so relatable. Had me in tears of laughter and sadness, such an amazing series 

• Like 1

Evening All,

Just wanted to share an initiative two friends started a couple of years back here in BS3, which is very relevant to this thread: Talk Club

On match days, you may have seen their mural on the wall of the Bristol Beer Factory on North St.

A Talk Club now takes place at Ashton Gate every Tuesday from 7-9pm. It’s a talking (and listening) group for men. To help men look after their mental fitness. It all starts with “How are you out of 10?” And then explaining why. So if you’re male and over 18, get down to the AG Talk Club to talk about how you feel and let it all out.

There are Talk Clubs in different parts of Bristol and also around the country, including other clubs: Brentford, Sheffield United, Forest Green and the other lot up the road.

More info below, thanks for reading!

https://www.wetalkclub.com/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/talkclubbristolcityfcbears

https://spond.com/landing/group/MYDRB

p.s. another late kick in the balls today, but a point on the road nonetheless…we’re heading in the right direction! Loving the youngsters, just need to keep the senior pros fit. COYR

Edited by redrum
  • Like 7

On 15/01/2022 at 21:39, The Batman said:

I was in 2 minds as to whether to post this considering the nature of some of the stories on here but I've just finished after life series 2, and the near end scene of the last episode with the pills and the dog barking at him. That one really hit home. 

Totally with you on that - it hit some very raw memories for me.  I'm just about to start series 3.

This is very hard to write but my beautiful partner was hit by a van as she walked to the hairdresser in Downend on Friday  morning & sadly died of her unserviceable injuries Friday evening thankfully I was by her side.

Her ward was turned into a Covid ward early on & she was terrified that she would pass it onto me, I am a community nurse pretty sure we both got Covid but it was very early on & so before testing. We spent weeks living in different bedrooms so don’t go there re: PM.

I miss her everyday & we had so many plans, luckily I have lots of support around me.

• Sad 9

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Toffee dog said:

This is very hard to write but my beautiful partner was hit by a van as she walked to the hairdresser in Downend on Friday  morning & sadly died of her unserviceable injuries Friday evening thankfully I was by her side.

Her ward was turned into a Covid ward early on & she was terrified that she would pass it onto me, I am a community nurse pretty sure we both got Covid but it was very early on & so before testing. We spent weeks living in different bedrooms so don’t go there re: PM.

I miss her everyday & we had so many plans, luckily I have lots of support around me.

I am so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine the pain you are going through. 

Just remember that every single person on this forum is thinking of you in this difficult time and we would all offer you love and hugs in this difficult time 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Toffee dog said:

Ohhhh, flipping heck…I live in Downend, and heard about this last week.  So sorry for your loss, I can’t imagine what you’re going through.

DM open if I can be of any help.

14 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

I'm so very sorry to hear this. My thoughts are very much with you  

It's not the same, though gh I've nearly lost 2 different partners to serious car accidents and  both partners and me found the charity Roadpeace to unbelievably helpful in both cases. 

https://www.roadpeace.org/

I hope that they maybe able to help you should you need to contact them. 

Thank you 

On 04/02/2022 at 01:42, Tafkarmlf said:

Update on this. As I can't sleep 

Work decided yesterday would be the day to sack me for good measure.

Tremendous 

Imagine working for a company whose main point of business is to keep people in employment longer, by managing health conditions, sacking someone because of  shoulder and neck issues, that they've never bothered to investigate properly amongst a raft of other ironies. 

Stress is for the weak, apparently *rolleyes*

So sorry to read this, that's an awful way for an employer to treat you.

You should contact ACAS for advice.  The company should have done a workplace risk assessment if the job was impinging on your well being, and taken reasonable steps to assist with overcoming the problems. 

• Like 1

On 04/02/2022 at 01:42, Tafkarmlf said:

Update on this. As I can't sleep 

Work decided yesterday would be the day to sack me for good measure.

Tremendous 

Imagine working for a company whose main point of business is to keep people in employment longer, by managing health conditions, sacking someone because of  shoulder and neck issues, that they've never bothered to investigate properly amongst a raft of other ironies. 

Stress is for the weak, apparently *rolleyes*

What type of work did you do and what experience do you have (if you don't mind sharing that info). There are a broad range of people on here working in many different industries, so someone may know of jobs going that may suit you. If you are looking for work that is.

On 03/02/2022 at 22:13, Toffee dog said:

Just read this, TD.  The words of a stranger cannot bring a lot of comfort after a terrible thing like this, but I wish you strength and all the comfort of family of friends in dealing with this. You've always been one of the good guys here. I hope the happy memories can eventually overpower out the pure grief, although I know from personal experience, we never stop grieving in some ways.

Last week, I went to the funeral of someone who totally unexpectedly killed herself. 48 years old. I couldn't save her, but I'm helping support her kids. Family and friends are so important. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Just a small update from me 

Trigger Warnings a plenty. 

I did a silly thing last night, after being overwhelmed by all of the stuff I've gone into recently . 

I'm not depressed, but tired and exhausted and dont want to fight any more. 

Fortunately passed out before could do any damage. 

I'm safe, not actively going to repeat and  will be monitoring stuff over the next few days. 

Docs on Monday and then go from there tbh. 

Xx

You are never alone. Remember that. People care for you and love you.

Medication can help control low mood, but ultimately you will work your way through your problems and you will emerge stronger.

Remember to picture that "five year" view. Will things be as bleak in 5 years time? Will these problems be as overwhelming then?

It sounds like you've already realised they won't. Because they never are. Sometimes we need to take that long-term view to get us through the short-term shit. 

Hang in there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Just a small update from me 

Trigger Warnings a plenty. 

I did a silly thing last night, after being overwhelmed by all of the stuff I've gone into recently . 

I'm not depressed, but tired and exhausted and dont want to fight any more. 

Fortunately passed out before could do any damage. 

I'm safe, not actively going to repeat and  will be monitoring stuff over the next few days. 

Docs on Monday and then go from there tbh. 

Xx

Be really honest with your Dr, they should be able to help.  I'm glad that you feel it's something which you would not repeat, sounds like you are finding some strength to deal with your situation.  Take care. 

6 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Thanks lovely. Oddly I'm not depressed, it wasn't a mood thing. 

The last year has been a absolute nightmare, Friday was also the anniversary of my best mate passing ( fxck Cancer) and a million and one other things on top of that. 

It's literally being tired and not wanting to fight any more, exhausted, spent. Whether I lived or not made no difference I'm tired of enduring and in five years time I really don't want to be unpacking trauma from now. I hope that that makes sense? 

Pills aren't going to help, as I'm not depressed, nor  have lack energy nor have no interest in things (see here for example) but sexual abuse therapy might help, so will see how that goes with Dr's tomorrow 

Thanks for the  kind words, it's appreciated x

The word depression takes many given forms and feeling exhausted and not feeling able to fight (an abusive situation in your case) is just one of them.  It doesn't have to mean moping about crying, or lying in bed pulling the duvet over your head - it can bring anxiety, self-harm, apathy, blankness and sudden silly decisions.

I'm a big burly bear of a bloke who never really worried about too much in life, but job loss, divorce, a sudden plummet in my income and health issues left me with a crushing anxiety.  At one point, I was too worried to answer the phone or look at my mobile. I thought it was going to bring yet more bad news.

Therapy helped me and now life is peachy. Well, apart from at football. ;)  It will be for you too. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

The word depression takes many given forms and feeling exhausted and not feeling able to fight (an abusive situation in your case) is just one of them.  It doesn't have to mean moping about crying, or lying in bed pulling the duvet over your head - it can bring anxiety, self-harm, apathy, blankness and sudden silly decisions.

I'm a big burly bear of a bloke who never really worried about too much in life, but job loss, divorce, a sudden plummet in my income and health issues left me with a crushing anxiety.  At one point, I was too worried to answer the phone or look at my mobile. I thought it was going to bring yet more bad news.

Therapy helped me and now life is peachy. Well, apart from at football. ;)  It will be for you too. 

I don't half recognise a lot in this post from my own experiences over the last nearly 5 years. But the important things are sleep and healthy eating. May seem boring but the sense of a routine does help enormously and then people can build around that. Lots of water as well. Often so overlooked but it's so important. 

• Like 1