IGNORED

Never feel alone, It's good to talk !!

phantom

On 23/04/2022 at 14:33, Mattredrobin said:

Oh dear, sounds very hectic, my ex is fine now no dramas but we share a son so still have to speak with her.

Think yourself lucky. 

My ex wife is a terrible person. I'd say we Co parent but I ultimately Co parent with my ex mother in law. My daughter told me and my mum last weekend that mummy doesn't play with her because she doesn't love her. Now kids do say things that sometimes come out wrong but she always tells me what she does with her auntie, cousins, nanny and grandad etc but never what she does with her mum. Realised now it's because she probably doesnt. My ex wife's friends have seen through her now because of what she's done and the way she conducts herself, but that's the path she's taken and it's on her when it goes tits up. 

Sorry to hear this buddy. I know exactly how that feels , it's so hard isn't it I've learnt recently though that when they do say things, you can only go on instinct and mine has been correct everytime. My exes family have reached out to me because they worked her out too, it's so shit that people have to be like that, when all there focus should be on their child and just give them they love they crave,  just have to hope they work it out themselves and they come out the other side ok. Obviously we don't know each other but if ever you need a chat about things always here to lend and ear ( it's nice to know there's are people who are experiencing the same sort of things even though it's shit we have too go through it ). 

• Like 1

On 26/04/2022 at 16:15, gl2 said:

Sunshine after the rain? after a rectal c tumor removed 3 years ago and following 4monthly MRI, CT, Ultrasound, blood tests all of which were clear, today have been signed off consultants care.

No guarantee some other form of cancer wont rear its head sometime in the future but please ANY sign of blood/pain down there GET IT CHECKED OUT do not ignore it, the longer you do the higher price you could pay.

I must thank the doctor (who has now himself passed away) who referred me to the hospital and the consultant who did the "Tems op" with no visible cuts,

Do not put it off till tomorrow/next week it could be too late by then.

Glad to read your good news - long may it continue.

I'm at the beginning of the journey, having been given the big C diagnosis this afternoon.  Should be operated on within 3-4 weeks, quite a few tests to go through beforehand, as I have other health problems.  I'm remaining positive at the moment, it's not the death sentence that it used to be, although I'm not sure that the reality has hit me yet.  

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, The Batman said:

Think yourself lucky. 

My ex wife is a terrible person. I'd say we Co parent but I ultimately Co parent with my ex mother in law. My daughter told me and my mum last weekend that mummy doesn't play with her because she doesn't love her. Now kids do say things that sometimes come out wrong but she always tells me what she does with her auntie, cousins, nanny and grandad etc but never what she does with her mum. Realised now it's because she probably doesnt. My ex wife's friends have seen through her now because of what she's done and the way she conducts herself, but that's the path she's taken and it's on her when it goes tits up. 

Was meant to put my post below as a reply to you. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I'm at the beginning of the journey, having been given the big C diagnosis this afternoon.  Should be operated on within 3-4 weeks, quite a few tests to go through beforehand, as I have other health problems.  I'm remaining positive at the moment, it's not the death sentence that it used to be, although I'm not sure that the reality has hit me yet.  

Stay strong mate, we`ll all be thinking of you and wishing you all the luck in the world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, In the Net said:

All the best to you ITN.Hope you make a swift and full recovery. Also best wishes to everyone else on this thread,hoping for better days for you all.

• Like 1
  • Robin 2

2 hours ago, In the Net said:

Awful ITN - Thoughts with you and strength to you  ??????

You will win ??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, In the Net said:

stay strong there are cures for some forms of C wishing you all the best.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, In the Net said:

Wow just read this and sad to hear, getting it out asap is the priority. Depending where it is of course, some are inoperable most however are not, really wish you all the best with it and your battle ahead.

My op was a few hrs but the observations/tests etc after went on for 3yrs after, can remember being told at the start and yes its a while before it sinks in.

Keep strong live long.

Just a reminder that I offer mental help support to people in this thread. Feel free to reach out if you want to chat and find out more about how hypnotherapy can help with stress, anxiety, etc.  You can find out about what I do here. https://www.timetothinkhypnotherapy.com I usually charge for initial consultations but will do them free for anyone on this thread as well as a couple of free ones after that. Good end to the season yesterday and just renewed my season tickets for 22/23. COYR.  

• Like 1

On 27/04/2022 at 18:51, In the Net said:

Good luck ITN. 

As you say, treatment options and survivability rates have soared in recent years.  Hopefully for you, as it was for me, it'll be nowt more than a temporary bloody nuisance. And a reminder to enjoy the life we have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 27/04/2022 at 12:51, In the Net said:

Best wishes ITN, stay strong. :fingerscrossed:

• Thanks 1

Thanks all for the posts on here. Really great to see people talk and support each other. So perhaps I should give it a go.

I was in contact with one poster late 2021 as we were going through some tough patches together and kept each other how things were going. By this time, I met someone new and thought she was amazing in every single way.

Turned out she is/was a very big liar and extremely dishonest. I did everything for her in every good way possible. Even when she was down in December, I was always there (even though her negative mindset and behaviour  brought me down during this period). Slowly realised after we broke up she's a narcissist, thinks all men are see you next Tuesdays. While blaming everyone else for everything bad that has happened in her life. A pure victims mentality 24/7.

I won't bore everyone with the full story. But even though she's not a very nice person and toxic. It's been 4 months since we broke up and part of me still misses her and wishes we were back together (bearing in mind my family and friends were extremely relieved we broke up and her family and friends were devastated). I've also made the mistake this week of writing and posting a card to her hoping she is all ok, and life is going well. While thanking her for the good times and sharing some of the good memories we have. I feel pretty stupid now and I guess the reason I posted this card in the post box was in hope of some form of response. Yet, I am the one who did no wrong in the relationship.

Feel quite embarrassed by the time I wasted on her and the fact of sending a card this week.

• Like 1
  • Robin 2

No need to be embarrassed whatsoever. You did what you did for a good reason.It shows strength in your character that you can still show kindness to someone that hurt you when you had absolutely no need to.I think you should be proud in all honesty. It's much easier to ignore it altogether or even get nasty about it.I would like to think I could do the same as you.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Coach said:

Thanks all for the posts on here. Really great to see people talk and support each other. So perhaps I should give it a go.

I was in contact with one poster late 2021 as we were going through some tough patches together and kept each other how things were going. By this time, I met someone new and thought she was amazing in every single way.

Turned out she is/was a very big liar and extremely dishonest. I did everything for her in every good way possible. Even when she was down in December, I was always there (even though her negative mindset and behaviour  brought me down during this period). Slowly realised after we broke up she's a narcissist, thinks all men are see you next Tuesdays. While blaming everyone else for everything bad that has happened in her life. A pure victims mentality 24/7.

I won't bore everyone with the full story. But even though she's not a very nice person and toxic. It's been 4 months since we broke up and part of me still misses her and wishes we were back together (bearing in mind my family and friends were extremely relieved we broke up and her family and friends were devastated). I've also made the mistake this week of writing and posting a card to her hoping she is all ok, and life is going well. While thanking her for the good times and sharing some of the good memories we have. I feel pretty stupid now and I guess the reason I posted this card in the post box was in hope of some form of response. Yet, I am the one who did no wrong in the relationship.

Feel quite embarrassed by the time I wasted on her and the fact of sending a card this week.

Absolutely no embarrassment- been there , it’s because you care bud

Unfortunately , if you re read your post it’s clear she is firstly not worth it in any way , and even if there was some reconciliation, there would be further hurt to come - All that is really hard to swallow I know , really hard .

From experience , that road is long , painful and leads nowhere

Dishonesty alone is a massive red warning sign , and lies .... disastrous . . . and dangerous too

Concentrate on yourself bud - and find someone that deserves you

• Like 1

On 02/05/2022 at 12:01, Tafkarmlf said:

back on to Police later in the week to find why they've still not arrested or even questioned her 4 months on

Bearing in mind my experiences with an ex, the possibility that a female in a relationship could cause harm is beyond the comprehension of the average police offcier.

Morning all, 

Just wanted to share this little video I made to help promote Talk Club, the talking and listening club for men to keep us mentally fit.

Luckily it was filmed before last weekend!!

Here's the Talk Club website if you want to find out more. There are quite a few clubs now running weekly in and around Bristol.

Wetalkclub.com  

COYR 

Edited by redrum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 15/05/2022 at 07:45, redrum said:

Morning all, 

Just wanted to share this little video I made to help promote Talk Club, the talking and listening club for men to keep us mentally fit.

Luckily it was filmed before last weekend!!

Here's the Talk Club website if you want to find out more. There are quite a few clubs now running weekly in and around Bristol.

Wetalkclub.com  

COYR 

That was an interesting watch - thanks for posting.  Shows that beneath our colours, we all need a bit of help sometimes to get through life. Keep up the good work.

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Oh no, that must be heartbreaking - dogs are such an integral part of the family, and give unconditional love.  Just remember that you gave him/her a wonderful life, thinking of you. x 

Got her as a rescue pooch aged 10 two years ago. Everyone says she had a good life with us. Certainly hope so. Missing her so much.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Got her as a rescue pooch aged 10 two years ago. Everyone says she had a good life with us. Certainly hope so. Missing her so much.

Buried her this morning at 6:30 am. Apart from the Hibuscus there are purple & red poppy seeds planted. Personally am in bits.

20220529_093617.jpg

Edited by BigTone
  • Sad 3

Difficult day today - Forest were my partner's club - she hated football but listened to every Forest match on the radio - if I wasn't at a city away match it was part of our lives.

I had a lovely call from her son after full time, he was in tears and so was I.

The world moves on - but she would have loved the promotion - and the smile on Jermaine Jenas (plus the rest of him!)

• Like 1
  • Robin 4

12 hours ago, Toffee dog said:

Sorry to add to the gloom not only did my cousins,die in January my fiancé got killed in January her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer & then my mother was diagnosis with breast cancer.as well! 
Life can b shit but we can get through it, x

Never be sorry to share your feelings or sad news. Just talking can help and your fellow reds will always be there for you. Take care you have certainly been dealt a hard blow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can remember her even more every time the poppies and hibiscus flower Tone. I lost one of my cats last year on the 6th June ( tomorrow ). ...still get upset now and tomorrow will hurt but I try to think of the great life she had with us.....Im sure your dog had 2 great years with you. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 05/06/2022 at 21:11, KevP said:

You can remember her even more every time the poppies and hibiscus flower Tone. I lost one of my cats last year on the 6th June ( tomorrow ). ...still get upset now and tomorrow will hurt but I try to think of the great life she had with us.....Im sure your dog had 2 great years with you. ?

She was a cutie who loved a cuddle

FB_IMG_1654339348274.jpg

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 5