IGNORED

Holloway resigns on Twitter

Dastardly and Muttley

55 minutes ago, phantom said:

The deputy leader of North East Lincolnshire Council has stepped down from his role after reports revealed he had business links with a convicted fraudster.

Conservatve Councillor John Fenty, who was also cabinet member for Regeneration, Skills and Housing, had set up a business with Alex May, who was previously convicted and jailed for six years for his part in a multi-million pound scam.

Councillor Fenty said the pair were no longer business partners. The company they had set up, Town Centre Living Ltd, had not even started trading yet.

He helped see his party to office in North East Lincolnshire for the first time in the 2019 general election and sat on the first wholly Conservative cabinet in the borough’s history.

John Fenty is also a majority shareholder for Grimsby Town FC.

In a statement, Councillor Fenty said he had reflected on the recent reports and the impact on his party and the local authority.

“I have taken the decision in the best interests of all concerned and to avoid an unwarranted distraction to the enormous progress being made in the borough,” he said.

“I’m proud to have played my part in that progress and the re-invigorated spirit the area now has in itself, a spirit I’m confident will continue to burn bright under a Conservative administration.”

He went on to praise a “sea-change in the ambition to re-build  the economy after years of struggle” which he said would “continue to bear fruit in the future”.

He also thanked council employees for their support.

“My decision today will allow me to focus more on my other business activities and the football club I’m passionate about. I have been meticulous in declaring any conflicts of interests throughout my time as a councillor and can hold my head up high,” he said.

“However, I’m not prepared to let matters in my private business life become a drain on the administration’s effort to make this borough a great place to live work and play.”

He said he had “great regret and sadness” over the decision and said it had “been my greatest privilege to undertake”.

Formerly known as Alick Kapikanya - a strange character with whom to enter in to a business relationship....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2611531/Fraudster-enjoyed-champagne-lifestyle-gambled-170-000-single-night-stealing-3-5million-elaborate-mortgage-scam-jailed.html

Archived