IGNORED

Why isn't Tomas Kalas a Premier League player?

Prinny

13 hours ago, Super said:

Bryan rarely gets a game does he?

In Fulham's last 10 games, JB has been on the bench (and not got on) 5 times. 

Has been out the squad altogether, once and in the other 4 matches, amassed an incredible 6 minutes in appearances!

Albeit very good on the whole for us, to not be getting game time in a struggling Fulham team, to me, suggests he'll maybe move in January. 

16 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Alex typical. 

Ask any Fulham fan, ie who went to games when allowed and who watches all games now, and they will all tell you he is superb, has speed, strength and two great shooting feet. Every Bristol City fan knows he has been the best LB, LWB the club has ever had and that includes Kelly, JD, Rowe et Al. 

Brownhill isn't just doing OK, he is doing really, really well. To get into a first choice Dyche team so easily is remarkable 

He also has the best tackle stats at Turf Moor and every Bristol City fan knows his energy and shooting skills. 

And Bobby Reid should soon be on the verge of the England squad - now those three views fly in the face of so many on this forum who were rapid fire knocking these three after one less than perfect game. Maybe its just City fans on here who are a loud and tiny minority of City fans. 

Or maybe it's just that 2,if not 3 of these players all got given their leap upwards by a certain top manager we had for 4years: one who not everyone on here has yet learned to appreciate.

Happy Xmas, Happy Reds

Probably flies in the face on the Jamaican national team as well, as he plays for them.. 

39 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

In Fulham's last 10 games, JB has been on the bench (and not got on) 5 times. 

Has been out the squad altogether, once and in the other 4 matches, amassed an incredible 6 minutes in appearances!

Albeit very good on the whole for us, to not be getting game time in a struggling Fulham team, to me, suggests he'll maybe move in January. 

maybe a loan deal for joe back to us would be nice

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Tomas Kalas, on his day, when he is fit, is one of the classiest defenders in this division.

He’s had injury problems and he’s also having to play in a defence that needs nurturing (Vyner, Moore and Rowe when LCB), so that could detract from his own game.

He could be one of those players who is trying to do too much as captain rather than play his own game.

Would be good to see Mawson / Kalas / Baker line-up at some point.

Dave- that's like a sound bite from the Health Secretary at The Podium. Next slide please......

Happy Christmas mate and keep the " WCWE" posts coming in 2021.

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Tomas Kalas, on his day, when he is fit, is one of the classiest defenders in this division.

He’s had injury problems and he’s also having to play in a defence that needs nurturing (Vyner, Moore and Rowe when LCB), so that could detract from his own game.

He could be one of those players who is trying to do too much as captain rather than play his own game.

Would be good to see Mawson / Kalas / Baker line-up at some point.

Spot on, kalas has done a great job with various partners in various formations. Get the bloke in a settled back line with our first choice defenders and you have one of the very best stoppers in the championship without doubt.

35 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Dave- that's like a sound bite from the Health Secretary at The Podium. Next slide please......

Happy Christmas mate and keep the " WCWE" posts coming in 2021.

One more WCWE to come in 2020.  I’ll post it up later.  Might do a Brentford one too, if Boxing Day inspires me ?

7 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Alex typical. 

Ask any Fulham fan, ie who went to games when allowed and who watches all games now, and they will all tell you he is superb, has speed, strength and two great shooting feet. Every Bristol City fan knows he has been the best LB, LWB the club has ever had and that includes Kelly, JD, Rowe et Al. 

Brownhill isn't just doing OK, he is doing really, really well. To get into a first choice Dyche team so easily is remarkable 

He also has the best tackle stats at Turf Moor and every Bristol City fan knows his energy and shooting skills. 

And Bobby Reid should soon be on the verge of the England squad - now those three views fly in the face of so many on this forum who were rapid fire knocking these three after one less than perfect game. Maybe its just City fans on here who are a loud and tiny minority of City fans. 

Or maybe it's just that 2,if not 3 of these players all got given their leap upwards by a certain top manager we had for 4years: one who not everyone on here has yet learned to appreciate.

Happy Xmas, Happy Reds

He doesn’t start for Fulham in the PL this season so I’ve no idea how you’ve come to that conclusion. He was poor when they went down 2 years ago at that level. Championship is his level.

Brownhill plays ok in a team who are 16th in the table.

Best of luck on Bobby Reid getting that England call up ?.

20 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Kalas is not good enough for prem, looked out of his depth against England, and didn't he play for Fulham in there promotion season, but they weren't interested in signing him from Chelsea?

Fulham probably made a few errors that summer tbh.

Signed too many players for one, and lost a fair bit of continuity from the side that took them up- went from a side who were pushing Wolves quite hard for a time on a 23 game unbeaten run to a rabble a few months later albeit in the PL.

Looking to keep- easier said than done when some are loans I'll grant you- Fredericks-Kalas-Targett-Norwood, with Bettinelli in goal and Mitrovic up front- this might have served them well, at least in their first season. Build around the core.

Have that core and then add strength and depth to it, IMO. Number of successful or relatively successful promoted sides have done so- think Brentford had they gone up last season could have been quite well served by it too.

Sheffield United, Wolves, Burnley in some ways- unsure about Brighton? Leeds so far though I think one or two tactical tweaks they could make.

17 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fulham probably made a few errors that summer tbh.

Signed too many players for one, and lost a fair bit of continuity from the side that took them up- went from a side who were pushing Wolves quite hard for a time on a 23 game unbeaten run to a rabble a few months later albeit in the PL.

Looking to keep- easier said than done when some are loans I'll grant you- Fredericks-Kalas-Targett-Norwood, with Bettinelli in goal and Mitrovic up front- this might have served them well, at least in their first season. Build around the core.

Have that core and then add strength and depth to it, IMO. Number of successful or relatively successful promoted sides have done so- think Brentford had they gone up last season could have been quite well served by it too.

Sheffield United, Wolves, Burnley in some ways- unsure about Brighton? Leeds so far though I think one or two tactical tweaks they could make.

More than a few I would venture. That Fulham side in the Championship were class and wouldn`t have looked out of place in the PL IMO. I could see them being a bit like Leeds this season but instead they went for a wholesale clearout and brought in a lot of average overpriced players that were no better than they already had (sometimes worse) and destroyed their team spirit into the bargain.

A classic case of how not to do it IMO.

Never completely understand when someone says something slightly negative,someone else goes massively the other way .

JB was a good player for us and got a great move and played well at times in the top flight.

However he most definitely is not the best LB the club has ever had as stated by someone above.

In fact probably not in the top 5 in my memory,certainly Bell ,Brennan and Scott in fairly recent times I would pick in front of him.

That said he is a nice lad and a very good footballer,good luck to him.

1 hour ago, Redtrojan said:

Never completely understand when someone says something slightly negative,someone else goes massively the other way .

JB was a good player for us and got a great move and played well at times in the top flight.

However he most definitely is not the best LB the club has ever had as stated by someone above.

In fact probably not in the top 5 in my memory,certainly Bell ,Brennan and Scott in fairly recent times I would pick in front of him.

Barnard arguably the best. 

21 hours ago, Redtrojan said:

I’ve always maintained that i think JB is wasted at LWB and would make an excellent attacking midfielder, he can tackle, shoot with both feet, head, pass and has an engine - get him in the centre of the pitch for me 

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

I’ve always maintained that i think JB is wasted at LWB and would make an excellent attacking midfielder, he can tackle, shoot with both feet, head, pass and has an engine - get him in the centre of the pitch for me 

On the rare occasions we tried it it seemed to work. I can only assume he didn`t want to play there for some reason.

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

I agree, especially in the prem as his defensive mistakes would be far less forgiving. In the champ you can get away with it especially if you’re getting goals and assists for the team.

Agree that the issue with Kalas is his all round ability just falls short.  The difference probably lies in desire to play at higher level.  From autobiographies of great players it is their constant determination to improve, linked with natural ability, that gets them there.  In City terms think in recent years JET and Tomlin.  Two players, who if they had knuckled down, could, in my opinion, have made it to the top.  Perhaps they simply have other priorities.  Same in every sphere of life.

Archived