IGNORED

DH resign today if we lose ?

City oz

6 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Or you could read that as Holden to re-sign (his contract) if he loses..? Either way, losing to Wycombe won't cost him his job, it'll just be a damaging blow to confidence and morale.

Totally agree. In regards to confidence and morale and not just the playing team, the whole club and us supporters as well. 

How much longer does it take for the board and the DH supporters realise they could of made the incorrect decision 

NO!! I am a critic of our current style of play and performances but we are a long long way from considering his removal. We need to cut him slack this season as he is a rookie learning the ropes - that’s the reality of the situation I’m afraid. As long as we don’t get relegated he will remain.

The XXXX must be good over there these days. Last time I saw it in this country it only had an abv of about 3.8%.

As far as Holden is concerned, he’s lost a few games on the trot and the football isn’t too great at the moment. I’m sure he will be eager to turn it around, why on Earth would he consider resigning?

• Admin
3 hours ago, City oz said:

The heading says it all 

This was the start of an epic thread

Haha, this of us which are not dissalutional will know what it means 

Or maybe dissalusional? 

LJ resigned. And where have we improved since that day 

When did LJ resign?

29 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The XXXX must be good over there these days. Last time I saw it in this country it only had an abv of about 3.8%.

As far as Holden is concerned, he’s lost a few games on the trot and the football isn’t too great at the moment. I’m sure he will be eager to turn it around, why on Earth would he consider resigning?

Exactly my thought.

I'm frustrated by our performances but if another club in the Championship lost four games in a row after a promising start but were mid table and in reach of the play-offs, I'd not expect the manager to resign or be sacked at that point, (unless it was a recently relegated club that thought they had a right to be in the Premier League).

It remains to be seen if Holden can turn things round, if we can play better football and whether we'll achieve our stated aim of the play-offs this season. I'm not going to pretend I am confident on any of those three counts but I'd be very surprised if Holden resigned or was sacked today, and regardless of whether he should have been appointed, sacking him after four straight defeats would feel premature. If we kept losing through the next three weeks, were out the FA Cup to lower league opposition and were on seven or eight defeats in a row a change might be made but I think, even if things don't turn around, after Preston on 16th January is the absolute earliest I can imagine a change being made. 

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I personally think he should go even if we win 

Clearly not an upgrade on what we had last season. And even if we scrape a win against a team who have no right to be in this league....it won't appease me or anyone who can see through this fiasco of an appointment 

Happy Christmas all 

But the people in charge of the “fiasco” and with a track record of rarely getting it right are alright to carry on? That will end well.

Keep blaming the Manager at the time............

5 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Can’t see either a resignation or sacking happening today, or anytime soon, but if it did, who the hell would we get to take his place?

With Stevie, Johnnie and the Puppet making the decision you know for a fact it won’t be an inspiring appointment. It will be a 1000% yes man. Probably Keith Downing to start with literally until further notice........that will give your moaners and whiners on here plenty to be going forward with!! One Steve Cotterill type was one too many for that lot to put up with........so a real Manager at this level will never happen.

Archived