IGNORED

Wycombe Wanderers (h) - 15:00 Boxing Day 2020 - Matchday thread

I cannot understand why Martin is starting. He has looked awful in the last 4 matches against teams who have played a deep back line and have been ecstatic to have him in front of them with so little movement to not drag them out of position. 

I really hope I am proved wrong, but I can’t see this being any different against Wycombe, who will also look to play in this way. If today is the same as the last four games then it is worrying that DH cannot spot this and make tactical tweaks.

Like i said, I really hope I am wrong and it works out well, but it has really left me here scratching my head.

The only logical explanation for Diedhiou not starting is that we think he is off.

As posted above Martin has been really poor of late & in a side that scores so few having a CF who poses no goal threat isn’t good.

The last 2 games we have won at home have been 1-0 wins with Fam scoring both times, baffling.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The only logical explanation for Diedhiou not starting is that we think he is off.

As posted above Martin has been really poor of late & in a side that scores so few having a CF who poses no goal threat isn’t good.

The last 2 games we have won at home have been 1-0 wins with Fam scoring both times, baffling.

Let's hope he is off & were upgrading...?

14 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

433 again today when we know that 433 is not working. Would have given Diedhiou a start over Martin myself. Here's hoping for our first in a while today though.

Expecting another drab game TBH with a few players having filled their bellies full of turkey.

I’ve gone 442, e.g. the front 6 as we finished PNE.

15 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

These kids on the bench is in one way really good, but kind of pointless for their development if they don't get game time.

Tinman said then some may be loaned out in January. That is what they need.

It might be a good idea to recall someone like Conway if we need someone to take Bell's place on the bench. Then send Bell out, then by the end of the season both would have had a good amount of competitive mens football, as well as experiencing first team squad training and matchday experience.

Hinds is at the club atm, no need to disrupt Tommy and reduce game time if they're just filling a hole bar an injury, can recall Tommy on a moments notice if we wanted him for a featuring role.

Archived