IGNORED

Wycombe Wanderers (h) - 15:00 Boxing Day 2020 - Matchday thread

Big win...against what was a really poor side. 

We struggle to impose our game on even the the weakest of opposition. Is that the injuries, as Tins suggests, or is it that Holden doesn't know what he wants or how to get it out of his team?...either way it would be great to see it sorted!

Not pretty but I'll take the win. Having said that we made it difficult for ourselves. We created 4 or 5 really clear cut openings which had we been more clinical could have put the game out of sight long before Fam scored. Sadly, lack of a decent first touch or composure let us down. 

Kalas and Nagy were absolutely suoerb in snuffing out the threat from Wycombe and share man of the match for me. 

Massive relief and a really important win. I thought we played well in the first half but that was ropey again after the break. I still reckon Stoke away is the only properly convincing performance I’ve seen all season.

Still, we’ll take that all day long. Onto the next one now. 

Should we really be celebrating a win against the bottom of the table team who sneaked into the Championship almost by luck?

Damn right we should .

:bounce:

A win is a win and full credit to players and staff for ‘ battling’ .

Make no mistake that  was an absolutely vital victory.

Imagine if we had lost . 
:shocking:

Well done lads and as Famaral might say ‘ pick ‘e out the stingers’ 

With the injuries we’ve got - to beat any championship team is success on the day.

First half was ok - but Wycombe changed the way they played which stopped us playing - and we had no second plan. 

Was that down to the quality of the players in our team - or the Management not giving them clear instructions on how to implement Plan B.

Hopefully injuries to COD and ZV aren’t serious!  ?

Not a beautiful performance but a helluva strike to win it. 

Our best performers today were the stand outs due to their abilities off the ball - Kalas, Nagy, Vyner. 
However, with the ball Cod had a very good first half. Semenyo had a couple of good moments and Bakinson had one sublime through ball. 
That aside, we struggled in possession (again). That’s a real concern for me. 

Archived