IGNORED

When you employ garbage (over 6wks)

Alan Dicks

12 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

You get garbage

*Inexperience. Garbage is unnecassary imo.

Issue is we just had another inexperienced manager in LJ before hand, so the issue of that is compounded.

Neither, as manager or part of the coaching setup, seem able to diagnose and fix the many issues relating to matchday performances at the minute, we desperately need - on balance - an experienced head to help setup a stringent framework and tactical setup to amend current issues.

I'd have Mick McCarthy myself, but a consensus in the forum seem to see that as "too long ball" or "boring", despite how we've been playing ineffective boring football for night on almost 3 years anyhow with no set identity.

Leeds are an easy example of how a clear footballing philosophy can greatly improve a team with some decent man management on the side, previous example getting more out of players you'd expect including Swansea, Sheffield United, among others.

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

I'd have Mick McCarthy myself, but a consensus in the forum seem to see that as "too long ball" or "boring", despite how we've been playing ineffective boring football for night on almost 3 years anyhow with no set identity.

Would have been my choice too Fuber , above Hughton and others touted

2 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Not sure how. Only shot on target came rom a wicked deflection. If you don't hit the target you will not pick up points. 

Yes funny that. According to the negative crew on here you deserve nothing with just one shot on target. Infact, their manager should be sacked tonight and their board resign tomorrow!

2 points less than after 21 games last season, this points total after 21 would have been same points as 7th place given everything injury related we've faced position wise we're not bad. currently* 1 point off the play offs. Frankly while league position isn't suffering Dean should be given time to try and get players back to see if he can play the attacking style of play he wanted to.  

*Watford have Norwich so could well lose that.

27 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Not sure how. Only shot on target came rom a wicked deflection. If you don't hit the target you will not pick up points. 

Tell that to Semenyo think he should make his way to the nfl always tries to take the skin off the ball instead of picking his spot and stroking it in 

we created chance after chance in that match - misses by Wells, twice, Martin, Semenyo and others were the difference between a stroll in the park and the eventual close match. Thankfully Fam took the chance where others had failed to do so. Some very good things but more composure still required. Concerned we picked up two more injuries. Surely our luck in that regard will change soon.

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

2 points less than after 21 games last season, this points total after 21 would have been same points as 7th place given everything injury related we've faced position wise we're not bad. currently* 1 point off the play offs. Frankly while league position isn't suffering Dean should be given time to try and get players back to see if he can play the attacking style of play he wanted to.  

*Watford have Norwich so could well lose that.

But this is not the benchmark anyone wants to use - we were terrible at home last season, it was predictable, boring and depressing in equal measure.

While clearly it's primarily a results business it's also about entertainment.

We are still shocking to watch and predictable to play against when playing a half competent team.

Not only that, we are still struggling against teams who the top half regularly beat - I don't understand this but suspect it's our inexperienced tactics.

12 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

But this is not the benchmark anyone wants to use - we were terrible at home last season, it was predictable, boring and depressing in equal measure.

We are still shocking to watch and predictable to play against when playing a half competent team.

Not only that, we are still struggling against teams who the top half regularly beat - I don't understand this but suspect it's our inexperienced tactics.

True but the task of asking Dean to play attacking dominant football while without around half his choice first team is a very difficult task, he's alluded to it that he can't play the style he wants to and has to be pragmatic with so many injuries, look at the players in the injured XI and say he wouldn't have a better chance of playing attacking football (obviously taking out O'Dowda/Vyner playing today)

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

True but the task of asking Dean to play attacking dominant football while without around half his choice first team is a very difficult task, he's alluded to it that he can't play the style he wants to and has to be pragmatic with so many injuries, look at the players in the injured XI and say he wouldn't have a better chance of playing attacking football (obviously taking out O'Dowda/Vyner playing today)

Does the injured XI have a drop back keeper?

5 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

But the start of our poor run was arguable Barnsley - he didn't have anything like the injury problems then and we were still poor.

Of course injuries are a massive problem but he is not using the resources he has well at all.

20 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

But the start of our poor run was arguable Barnsley - he didn't have anything like the injury problems then and we were still poor.

Of course injuries are a massive problem but he is not using the resources he has well at all.

Barnsley was 10 seconds away from an away win but for 1 player error. Even then we had Mawson, sessegnon, Pato and Weimann but were missing Bentley and kalas had to be on the bench. So 2 players better off isn’t ‘anything like’ it’s not far off. 

im not saying he couldn’t be doing better I’m just saying while our league position holds fairly steady he should be afforded the chance to get some players back which sounds like he should do within 4-6 weeks for all the people calling for him to go now. I in no way think we’ll be relegated under him, think we’re still likely to finish top half if we go on a bad run so if he can blood academy players in the mean time and other young players then it could be beneficial to us in the longer term not having to spend millions on new players. Vyner has probably already saved us a transfer, Bakinson too. If Pring or someone comes back in January and does well then it’s another. 

44 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Absolutely agree with this.

People moaned about LJ and that it was a fresh approach needed but this is more of the same just with less experience.

I understand the injuries but selling Morrell and loaning out Palmer is beyond me.

If something isn't working and you replace it with exactly the same thing (or less) AND expect it to change?!?! what do people expect?

The football is predictable. The football is stale. The tactics are woeful.

A completely new fresh approach is needed.

Archived