IGNORED

Total Sh1te - Holden out now!

old_eastender

28 minutes ago, City oz said:

Totally agree capman, I’m 58 now and have supported city since my first home match when I was 5. I have seen the bad times and the good times. I would like to see more good times for all of you fellow supporters in Bristol week in and week out that always support locally and the away ones well covert has put the mockers on that. You in Bristol deserve prem football and you ain’t going to get it under the current regime.

its always COYR from me but bloody hell we do deserve more than the ones amongst us that celebrate a win yesterday against the bottom club in the championship like all our troubles are over 

I also first went to the gate at the end of the 60’s and the problem I have with your analysis is that, apart from the days of Alan Dicks, this is probably ‘most successful regime’ in all that time. 
Like it or not SL has bought stability, sound financial management and regular top half championship finishes in the last few years.  Getting to the premier league has to be the ambition but not at any cost. They will build success not buy it and I am ok with that. I never want to go back to the days when players have to rip up their contracts to save my club. That is the nightmare no fan (or player) should ever have to live through. 
Holden is an inexperienced manager and will get time. Not sure he would have been my choice but I was not at the interviews and I am prepared to trust those who were. They must have seen something they liked. Now he is in he deserves the season at least, more assuming he secures a top 10 finish. 
I agree it’s bad at the moment but so was it at times under Dicks. That is what football is like. Funnily enough other teams want to win too and players go through bad patches. You need to see a whole season before you can even start to judge and I just think the constant sniping from the sidelines is hardly going to help. 

4 hours ago, chinapig said:

Indeed, and as I said, 1 or 2. Though I think the phrases "back on the grass" and "back in 2 weeks " should be banned as they are usually followed by bad news!

Baker, who gets a lot of stick on here btw, will need the equivalent of pre-season training so isn't likely to be imminent. And Mawson's injury record is well known.

So I won't count any chickens yet.

Re Baker, I think he is doing that “pre-season” build up now.  In effect he’s over his injury (that’s the message I get), but he has some way to go fitness wise.

13 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Far too early for talk of an exit, but he has, thus far, proven that simple passing and retention of possession is a little difficult for him to coach into his players. For whatever reason. 

Sorry but these players are mainly in their 20s

They should all be able to make simple passes at that age

If they cant do it now they never will

Nothing to do with coaching

For me the main issue is the inability to keep the ball. It's constantly being headed away as far as possible. That shows a lack of confidence and coaching and with it no identity. So what are the coaching staff actually coaching?

Apart from being a little more route one direct, almost league 1 esque which just underlines the lack of experience and tactical know how the current coach has, I cannot see much difference between a Lee Johnson and Dean Holden side and now just a plain Dean Holden side.

I am led to believe that the U23's are coached to play the same way as the seniors so promoting a seemless transition to the first team so even with the amount of extensive injuries we have we should at the very least be competitive but they seem light years away. Which brings me on to the enigma that is Han Noah Massengo. How can a hugely talented £7M footballer be turned into an untrusted bench warmer with the U23's? Is that good coaching?

And why can't the same highly rated coaching staff get Kasey Palmer, another player the club have invested a large amount of money into, playing?

Regarding Palmer and Massengo and to an extent, Wells, if I was the club's hierarchy I would be starting to ask the same questions.

3 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Sorry but these players are mainly in their 20s

They should all be able to make simple passes at that age

If they cant do it now they never will

Nothing to do with coaching

It's a fair point. Assuming there is a problem, however, it's up to up to DH to solve. Clearly he can't, which maybe suggests there is a developmental/recruitment issue. 

11 hours ago, Redpool said:

I've been bored watching City since we beat United. Which was 3 years ago recently I believe? I've not watched a full 90 minutes this season due to the lack of entertainment, game plan, energy, and intelligence shown on the field. 

Well said, don’t think it’s just this season, I struggle to remember last time I watched us perform for a full 90 minutes. Even now, I’ve stopped paying and watching on Robins TV, as when I did, found myself reading the paper, or doing something else, and only looking up when it sounded as if something exciting was happing, which, I am afraid to say, wasn’t very often.

Sad thing, is Lansdown etc so out of touch, that they can’t see, or sense how the fans are feeling? Are they happy with the football being played? Or the sad thing to say, do they even care?

Archived