IGNORED

Are We Safe Yet?

Robin101

Thank god for three points today, but there should be alarm bells ringing all round Ashton Gate.

The atmosphere around the club feels flat. It feels like we’re slowly regressing towards being a boring, poor midtable Championship team. And once the slide begins it’s hard to stop (please see our last stint in the Championship).

Don’t think we’ll end up in a relegation battle this season, but I think we’ll drift on downwards. I am seriously worried about the next season or two though. 

12 minutes ago, nickolas said:

I reckon 45 should do it this year. 
12 to get. See out the season and complete rebuild required ( let most out of contract players go, and the management team ). 

The 5 year Ave for safety is 46Pts.

Get the players back and have a good run and we could be close to Pray off's! I can't see us spending any cash,

Watkins is here, bring Adelakun and Palmer to. Pato wont be back for a while and Maybe COD Also Can not play for a while. Think Edwards will start next game. That we have so many points so far is amazing. Think we are doing well in the table regarding our injuried players. Its difficault to play good football When we have the team we have. 

4 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Watkins is here, bring Adelakun and Palmer to. Pato wont be back for a while and Maybe COD Also Can not play for a while. Think Edwards will start next game. That we have so many points so far is amazing. Think we are doing well in the table regarding our injuried players. Its difficault to play good football When we have the team we have. 

Watkins is injured.

31 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Palmer who can't get any minutes at Swansea and who Holden doesn't trust.

And Adelakun who was terrible whenever we saw him in a red shirt and is still not a regular starter in League 1.

We have better options

20 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Palmer who can't get any minutes at Swansea and who Holden doesn't trust.

And Adelakun who was terrible whenever we saw him in a red shirt and is still not a regular starter in League 1.

We have better options

Adelakun have played 18 games for Hull and scored twice, ok Palmer is not good enough for Swansea but they are a better team than us. At this moment I dont think we have any better options. Since Pato got injuried we havent scored until today.

4 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Adelakun have played 18 games for Hull and scored twice, ok Palmer is not good enough for Swansea but they are a better team than us. At this moment I dont think we have any better options. Since Pato got injuried we havent scored until today.

He's not starting in League 1 - why would he be what we need right now?

24 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We're not going down this year, kinnell.

Probably not. But my post is more about how season after season we’re slowly regressing it feels. Both position and style.

Give it a season or two more and we could be in danger unless we change something. 

37 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Probably not. But my post is more about how season after season we’re slowly regressing it feels. Both position and style.

Give it a season or two more and we could be in danger unless we change something. 

I think this is a holding season or a bit of one personally.

Probably wasn't the plan but could end up working out that way. If we look at the squad we will see many players out of contract this summer- with a 12-month rolling contract too, that could make getting rid of Holden if the club feel he was an appointment for these times, easier from that angle.

Archived