IGNORED

Recalling loan players

GrahamC

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

As far as I can see we have 7 loans available for recall - Palmer, Pring, Adelakun, Morton, Smith, Hinds & Watkins.

With our threadbare squad we should recall the first 5 imo, possibly Watkins too if he's fit.

Holden said that Watkins is already back and will be with us for the rest of the season, as he won't be fit by the time the window shuts.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tells me that we might be under some kind of Business Plan or similar, if we're looking to recall first- hope I'm wrong!

Basically the reason to recall them early is because you won’t get many / any deals for “new” players done in the early weeks of the window.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If we do being back Pring, I hope there would be regular game time- real regular gametime- if DaSilva returns any time soon I couldn't see him getting ahead of DaSilva, and without real regular gametime we know he's doing fine at Portsmouth, let him develop in a consistent environment for a season before bringing him in to compete.

I wonder how we fit him in tactically. Wouldn't want him in a midfield 2 for a start- 4-3-1-2 maybe? the 3 being CMs? 4-2-2-2?

Yeah not a fan of Wells on the left...just don't know if Adelakun is the right option tbh.

He’s a left sided player....are you getting mistaken with Nurse?

1 hour ago, Bassomylord said:

I never rated Vyner but happy to be proved wrong....still needs to cut out silly mistakes though.

The good thing is Vyner responds....hopefully mistakes will decrease over time.  Big step up is playing regularly at this level with different types of teams and individuals each week.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Basically the reason to recall them early is because you won’t get many / any deals for “new” players done in the early weeks of the window.

He’s a left sided player....are you getting mistaken with Nurse?

The good thing is Vyner responds....hopefully mistakes will decrease over time.  Big step up is playing regularly at this level with different types of teams and individuals each week.

Makes sense, though we'll know a lot more when the accounts are out I guess- but yes makes sense.

I might be getting mistaken with someone else tbh! In fact scratch that post, Pring would need real gametime if he were to return IMO- it's Palmer I was thinking of, in terms of recalls and how we fit him in tactically.

Unsure who or maybe more accurately, how many of the returning loanees will improve us substantially tbh.

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Makes sense, though we'll know a lot more when the accounts are out I guess- but yes makes sense.

I might be getting mistaken with someone else tbh! In fact scratch that post, Pring would need real gametime if he were to return IMO- it's Palmer I was thinking of, in terms of recalls and how we fit him in tactically.

Unsure who or maybe more accurately, how many of the returning loanees will improve us substantially tbh.

I think the best assumption / theory is that virtually all of the current loanees would improve our bench.  The fact that they are on loan, suggests they aren’t gonna improve the first team.

C76CE03C-6E26-4F3C-8A5F-B7E7DB0244BC.jpeg.9e098f77295ff500d312b43f484208b8.jpeg
As we know, Watkins is back already, injured, probably Feb before he’s back.  I actually think he’d offer us something off the bench with the odd start here and there.

Palmer is the one who potentially could improve us, but there’s 5637 threads on the pros and cons of him, so I won’t re-open the debate.

Pring - in and out out of Portsmouth side, but would give Rowe cover, who can’t play every minute whilst Dasilva injured.  Assuming we don’t bring someone else in, he is a no-brainer for me.

Adelakun - for how many minutes he might get here if he comes back, I’d risk leaving him at Hull, or even see if they’ll take him off our hands.

J.Smith - isn’t he injured too?  But got to be worth bringing back, gonna be a better option than Pearson, and Opi Edwards too quite possibly.

Cundy - really depends of where Baker and Mawson are, and what we do with Mariappa.  If they are close, then let him stay at Cambridge.

Nurse - leave at Walsall, Massengo isn’t getting much game time, and Walsh may be back in Feb.

Owura Edwards - get him another loan now Holloway gone

Morton - not sure whether 3 club rule applies, but I’d bring him back over Nurse out of the two.

Janneh - a better option than Bell on the bench in terms of experience.

Webb - keep out on loan

So for me Palmer, Pring and J.Smith are the 3 I’d consider, Cundy at a push.

5 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Excited to seem Cam Pring come back in as an option for left wingback or fullback. Seems he was given his chance and before positive covid tests hit their squad he had a really good performance that kept them top.

Adelakun has been inconsistent for them and I saw their manager say he offers something different , calls him a drifter.....something we don't want! 

Worried about KP because he really lacks work rate and drive for me which we cant afford at the moment as we have seen.

Keep thinking about Walsh and Williams but can't see it happening for a long time. We may need to get someone in temporarily maybe a free agent ? 

Where has Palmer showed a lack off effort? Every time Palmer has played for us he’s seemed to pick the ball off the defenders rather then the midfielders l, which is his biggest downfall which is his biggest fault in his game. Holloway fined Taarbt for giving the ball away in his own half for qpr as players like him and Palmer need to do there work higher up. Palmer has never lacked work rate he’s lacked when to play to ball or pass it much like Pogba 

Just now, Ashton98 said:

Where has Palmer showed a lack off effort? Every time Palmer has played for us he’s seemed to pick the ball off the defenders rather then the midfielders l, which is his biggest downfall which is his biggest fault in his game. Holloway fined Taarbt for giving the ball away in his own half for qpr as players like him and Palmer need to do there work higher up. Palmer has never lacked work rate he’s lacked when to play to ball or pass it much like Pogba 

To be fair he did lack work rate when he first joined on loan....improved it with random tracking back and slide tackles.

His biggest issues imo are 1 drops too deep and 2 chooses the wrlng option on the ball too much.....both holding onto it for too long or playing the wrong ball.

For every moment of brilliance like Charlton there are 10x where he makes a poor decision.

Blackburn fans didn't rate him at all and not getting a look in at Swansea.....common theme that only he can change.

19 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I fear for Taylor Moore tbh. Looks to be heading in the wrong direction. With Mawson and Baker on the way back last week was probably his final chance to show he’s got it at this level. He blew it I think and will end the season as sixth or seventh choice.

Moore is not at his best on the left of a back three. 
He looks a different player in the centre or on the right but he hasn’t displaced Vyner . 
He is still learning his trade so we should perhaps just cut him a bit of slack ? 

58 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Moore is not at his best on the left of a back three. 
He looks a different player in the centre or on the right but he hasn’t displaced Vyner . 
He is still learning his trade so we should perhaps just cut him a bit of slack ? 

He’s learning it far slower than Vyner imo. All I’m saying is he needs to show further signs of learning pretty sharpish for the sake of his career. Pro football is a ruthless business as Holden has displayed in hooking Moore at half time last week and benching him yesterday. He’s not a teenager any more therefore his learning has to be quicker........like Vyner has shown and picked up the rewards for.

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

He’s learning it far slower than Vyner imo. All I’m saying is he needs to show further signs of learning pretty sharpish for the sake of his career. Pro football is a ruthless business as Holden has displayed in hooking Moore at half time last week and benching him yesterday. He’s not a teenager any more therefore his learning has to be quicker........like Vyner has shown and picked up the rewards for.

I think it’s fair to say Vyner has adapted quicker this season.  Yet I think Moore did well last season in a four with A.Williams. At 23 I’m happy to “watch this space”.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think it’s fair to say Vyner has adapted quicker this season.  Yet I think Moore did well last season in a four with A.Williams. At 23 I’m happy to “watch this space”.

He did seem to start well then next thing you know he was at Blackpool......

A bit like there comes a time when the football simply has to improve down the Gate there also has to come a time when Taylor Moore demonstrates he can be a trusted player at our level.....

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It's funny, beginning of the season I had TM ahead of ZV. I thought Vyner tended to relax or switch off.He hit to many bad passes , bad as in direction and choice. When Moore moved to LCB he struggled and I think he may have lost a little confidence. What ever he looks to have gone backwards. Zak however looks lie he has really worked on his game. Looked like someone has had a word and his concentration looks to have improved, in fact he looks to have improved in every aspect of his game. I've been really impressed with him recently. Hope his injury doesn't keep him out.

Just now, 1960maaan said:

It's funny, beginning of the season I had TM ahead of ZV. I thought Vyner tended to relax or switch off.He hit to many bad passes , bad as in direction and choice. When Moore moved to LCB he struggled and I think he may have lost a little confidence. What ever he looks to have gone backwards. Zak however looks lie he has really worked on his game. Looked like someone has had a word and his concentration looks to have improved, in fact he looks to have improved in every aspect of his game. I've been really impressed with him recently. Hope his injury doesn't keep him out.

Definitely. Learned on the job by making mistakes and finding out what makes him have good games. Frustrating for fans but necessary development of young players. I hope Moore can do the same, I just worry for him tbh. Let’s hope I’m wrong.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

He did seem to start well then next thing you know he was at Blackpool......

A bit like there comes a time when the football simply has to improve down the Gate there also has to come a time when Taylor Moore demonstrates he can be a trusted player at our level.....

Don’t disagree.  Either need to see him central in a 3 or in a 2.  If he’s not gonna be given that chance, then agree, you move on.  I’m just not at that point yet.

Just by way of an update a few of the younger ones here appear to be injured.

Nurse hasn’t played for Walsall since October, Janneh has a hamstring issue & hasn’t played since December 1st. It also looks like Jonny Smith went off injured in Swindon’s last game on December 19th.

Webb hasn’t featured in a single league game for Newport all season & Morton has not been involved at Grimsby much at all, as they have 7 loan players & can only use 5, with only 1 league appearance since November 3rd.

The likes of Pring, Cundy, Palmer, Edwards & Adelakun have been in the match day 18 for every game.

Archived