IGNORED

Time for a clear out - starting January

Bassomylord

12 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

Whether he is the finished article or not we will not see it here. He will not get the game time to develop (shown by the fact that he isnt getting a look in despite all the injuries). He signed a 4 year deal not a 10 year one so we won't be seeing his potential met here.

So you wouldn't bother developing him as a player as he is unlikely to be here at his peak?

CLOSE THE ACADEMY!

4 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

not true. Some players are saleable assets....we have a handful others have more.

As in any business you need cashflow. If sources of income are stiffled by the lack of cash flow then you have a problem. Then in turn you can't buy what you can't afford. Like anything a players value is only what someone is prepared to pay.

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

So you wouldn't bother developing him as a player as he is unlikely to be here at his peak?

CLOSE THE ACADEMY!

How are you going to develop him Rob? Remember, the goal is promotion.

Just now, BigTone said:

As in any business you need cashflow. If sources of income are stiffled by the lack of cash flow then you have a problem. Then in turn you can't buy what you can't afford.

Doesn't stop other clubs pre-covid?

How are you going to develop him Rob? Remember, the goal is promotion.

Doesn't stop other clubs pre-covid?

But we're not pre-covid are we. At best we are mid-covid if we are lucky. Don't expect huge movements regarding players in the transfer market is my advice because if just won't happen. A few free transfers is my best guess.

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

But we're not pre-covid are we. At best we are mid-covid if we are lucky.

Even so, players will still become available, their wages may lower in line with changes in market due to covid.

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Bit of a vengeance that’s all. Probably shouldn’t bother but we aren’t all perfect are we! 

Vengeance ???. Its an Internet forum how pathetic. Embarrassing.

Bit of a vengeance that’s all. Probably shouldn’t bother but we aren’t all perfect are we! 

Just seem to remember you moaning about a similar thing happening to you last season....if I indeed have your old name right.  What’s good for the goose etc. But I’m not the forum police so I’ll leave it there! 

You could say that but you crossed a line using a previous username so who’s really pathetic?!

you need to understand that having this fixation on a poster on an Internet forum means you need to get out more !!!

Mods check my ip and compare it with les or Simon parker or whatever ex poster I am this week! Thanks!

1 hour ago, Bassomylord said:

Let's be honest we ain't going up and we certainly aren't going down....Time to start the clear out in Jan and get some money for some of these players.

Funny how Paterson has suddenly become injured.....im guessing a club might be in for him Jan.

Sell Diedhiou Hunt Pato Baker Walsh, if we can, if not release in the summer....good servants but we need to freshen this club up. Keep Mariappa, Rowe, Brunt, Gilmartin Weimann until the summer as zero resale value anyway....thanks for your efforts but we need to upgrade.

Moore,Massengo,Adelukan, O'Dowda thank you for your efforts but sell at the end of the season....none of them are good enough for where we want to be.....if there are any suiters of course.

Palmer, Wells and Martin will be impossible to shift.....a shame especially Wells very surprised we forked out a long contract on high wages for a 30 year old.

Build this team around Bently Kalas and Vyner.

This club is too soft, too nice and too comfortable for people to coast through their careers, time to change tact!!

So wheres all the money coming from to replace these players, who wants to sign the ones you want to get rid off,

And finally how do we meet ffp commitments signing so many highly paid players in the middle of a pandemic with next to no money coming into the club 

27 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

Without knowing the players we sign.

So ,

you manage to offload those 14 players in the next two windows............

And you are going to replace them with 10 signings .........(we won’t bother with how you are going to fund these for now) ...........made by the same recruitment process and group / decision makers , (save Head Coach Holden who you don’t appear to rate at all , replacing Head Coach Johnson)

that purchased the players you’ve just binned ......

Have I got that right ?

Just now, Monkeh said:

So wheres all the money coming from to replace these players, who wants to sign the ones you want to get rid off,

And finally how do we meet ffp commitments signing so many highly paid players in the middle of a pandemic with next to no money coming into the club 

Who said players need to be highly paid? What are we paying for Mawson 35k pw, baker 20k pw, Fam 20k Pato 5-10? Add those out of contract whats that 10-20k max?

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

So ,

you manage to offload those 14 players in the next two windows............

And you are going to replace them with 10 signings .........(we won’t bother with how you are going to fund these for now) ...........made by the same recruitment process and group / decision makers , (save Head Coach Holden who you don’t appear to rate at all , replacing Head Coach Johnson)

that purchased the players you’ve just binned ......

Have I got that right ?

No.

1 minute ago, Bassomylord said:

Who said players need to be highly paid? What are we paying for Mawson 35k pw, baker 20k pw, Fam 20k Pato 5-10? Add those out of contract whats that 10-20k max?

No.

Mewson is on loan we prob paid a loan fee and that's it, Baker and fam aren't on 20k a week and contracts were also signed pre covid

And you haven't answered the question,

How do we afford it with no income

Remember lansdown can not cover the costs even if he wanted to

What you are suggesting is impossible 

No.

The figures for what we are paying in wages come from what source ?

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Mewson is on loan we prob paid a loan fee and that's it, Baker and fam aren't on 20k a week and contracts were also signed pre covid

And you haven't answered the question,

How do we afford it with no income

Remember lansdown can not cover the costs even if he wanted to

What you are suggesting is impossible 

Was posted on here previously that we are paying his full wages. Its irrelevant if they were signed pre-covid I doubt there was a pandemic clause in it.

It isn't impossible. By your reckoning we can't repla e any player who leaves with a stack of first teasers out of contract. 

Just now, Bassomylord said:

Was posted on here previously that we are paying his full wages. Its irrelevant if they were signed pre-covid I doubt there was a pandemic clause in it.

It isn't impossible. By your reckoning we can't repla e any player who leaves with a stack of first teasers out of contract. 

Exactly we can't afford to replace anyone and nether can many other clubs in this league with little to no revenue,

2 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

tbh the quality of your English is so bad its hard to understand what your point is.

I’ll simplify it for you , as you are clearly floundering 

Who will identify the 10 new signings in your revolution ?

Maybe that’s not an in game option and you havn’t thought about that Einstein

Archived