IGNORED

hi

Shtanley

When Rob was initially (last season) criticising Wells I thought he was really harsh, but now I'm really concerned about Nakhi's talents, or lack thereof. 

I actually don't go along with the 'he doesn't want to be here' narrative. I just have realised that he's not the top Championship talent I thought he was. 

Wells is just bang average.

21 hours ago, mozo said:

When Rob was initially (last season) criticising Wells I thought he was really harsh, but now I'm really concerned about Nakhi's talents, or lack thereof. 

I actually don't go along with the 'he doesn't want to be here' narrative. I just have realised that he's not the top Championship talent I thought he was. 

Panic buy at the time IMO.

@Shtanley If you're desperate for content, I have a question for your panel... I have a mate who for moderately cold games will wear 2 pairs of socks. For a proper Baltic winter game, he has been known to wear 3 pairs. I'm interested to know if there are any tips for games in January and February to keep warm, because let's face it, the cold can be brutal at a match. I remember once being delighted that a 'big' bloke sat next to me at a game because it made me warmer...

54 minutes ago, mozo said:

@Shtanley If you're desperate for content, I have a question for your panel... I have a mate who for moderately cold games will wear 2 pairs of socks. For a proper Baltic winter game, he has been known to wear 3 pairs. I'm interested to know if there are any tips for games in January and February to keep warm, because let's face it, the cold can be brutal at a match. I remember once being delighted that a 'big' bloke sat next to me at a game because it made me warmer...

Always wear two socks to games in the winter. Surprised by the amount of people who turn up at games with not enough layers on and then seem to be shivering all game!

10 hours ago, mozo said:

I'm interested to know if there are any tips for games in January and February to keep warm, because let's face it, the cold can be brutal at a match.

As many layers as possible: 
Three T-shirts, a jumper,  a fleece, a coat.
A hat and gloves.
Two or three pairs of socks.

On 27/12/2020 at 19:48, mozo said:

Wells is a goal scorer.... inside the penalty box. We as a team rarely get into the oppositions penalty box, there lies the problem.

23 minutes ago, Red7 said:

That's what the third pair of socks is for :)

Hi Red7, who was your favorite city player to wear the number 7 shirt. My one is Trevor Tainton. A great winger in the 70s and played in every single match in the glorious 1st division. Then alas the Ashton gate 8 got him and hit him hard. T T was a great right winger and one of the best ever to play for city 

15 minutes ago, City oz said:

Hi Red7, who was your favorite city player to wear the number 7 shirt. My one is Trevor Tainton. A great winger in the 70s and played in every single match in the glorious 1st division. Then alas the Ashton gate 8 got him and hit him hard. T T was a great right winger and one of the best ever to play for city 

The unsung hero. And he was also excellent in midfield.

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Wells is a goal scorer.... inside the penalty box. We as a team rarely get into the oppositions penalty box, there lies the problem.

Well...he's evidently only an effective goalscorer within 8 yards of the goal. His shooting is apparently quite poor which amazes me.

Lita and Maynard were goalscorers but they also had a ping on their shots and you'd trust them in a one on one. 

If we did a City strikers top trumps, I think Wells is below the Baldock standard, which is astonishing considering how much we paid for him.

I expect a 'finisher' to be dangerous in all areas of the box but I can't see Wells scoring many goals that aren't put on a plate for him. Perhaps he's got great movement and I just haven't seen it?

15 minutes ago, mozo said:

Well...he's evidently only an effective goalscorer within 8 yards of the goal. His shooting is apparently quite poor which amazes me.

Lita and Maynard were goalscorers but they also had a ping on their shots and you'd trust them in a one on one. 

If we did a City strikers top trumps, I think Wells is below the Baldock standard, which is astonishing considering how much we paid for him.

I expect a 'finisher' to be dangerous in all areas of the box but I can't see Wells scoring many goals that aren't put on a plate for him. Perhaps he's got great movement and I just haven't seen it?

Baldock £1.75m in 2012.

Wells (fee rumours from £2.75m + £1m adds to £5m) in 2020

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Baldock £1.75m in 2012.

Wells (fee rumours from £2.75m + £1m adds to £5m) in 2020

Thanks Dave, point taken on the relative transfer fee but I maintain that I don't want the Nakhi Wells card in top trumps!

18 hours ago, mozo said:

Merino wool icebreaker vest, base layer, thin wool or cotton ski top, thin fleece, neck warmer, windproof jacket. Tights or thermals, jeans. Ski socks or just thicker socks, boots. Leather gloves, hat.

#fivelayerthriller

Nahki is what, 1 goal in 4 games or so since he joined us.

Not great, not bad either. Especially when you consider we’ve not exactly been a team that has/does create many chances since we’ve been here and for probably half his games at least under Holden he’s been played more outwide.

We’ve gone game after game without a shot on goal, and that’s not all on the forwards.

I get the feeling Wells gets the stick he does because of the context of his move here and his perceived lack of effort or attitude. 

For me I don’t see him making markedly less effort than most in the team, often in fact at times the opposite. 

And I’m sure his attitude/body language has a lot to do with the frustration of how the team plays and his lack of chances or chance to get into goal scoring chances. And let’s be honest, is he keeping anyone out the team that should be ahead of him? Not for me.

Archived