IGNORED

Liverpool can’t even beat a team in the relegation zone

Major Isewater

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Are there Liverpool supporters on their forum decrying Klopp and demanding a change ? 

This is why we love and find so frustrating in equal measure the game of football.

Yeah because you can really compare Klopp and Dean Holden can’t you!?  Jesus wept the happy clappers on this forum are mental mind ?

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Are there Liverpool supporters on their forum decrying Klopp and demanding a change ? 

This is why we love and find so frustrating in equal measure the game of football.

I dont think we would be demanding a change if we'd won the Premier League last year either

6 hours ago, bris red said:

Yeah because you can really compare Klopp and Dean Holden can’t you!?  Jesus wept the happy clappers on this forum are mental mind ?

Happy Clappers or just City supporters? However the real issue is you rushed to defend Klopp without a thought. That result was for me hugely satisfying, the fact Liverpool scored early and still West Brom held their shape and scored to level is credit to Sam, he out thought Klopp, and that last minute save to deny the win was the cherry on the Christmas Pud. Just a shame Spurs couldn't take full advantage.

4 hours ago, Blackbird1 said:

Happy Clappers or just City supporters? However the real issue is you rushed to defend Klopp without a thought. That result was for me hugely satisfying, the fact Liverpool scored early and still West Brom held their shape and scored to level is credit to Sam, he out thought Klopp, and that last minute save to deny the win was the cherry on the Christmas Pud. Just a shame Spurs couldn't take full advantage.

Allardyce is a very good manager. It's a bit strange that he has the tag of being a 'dinosaur', he was the first to properly use modern sports science techniques when at Bolton.

Football won't always be pretty, but he will give WBA a fantastic chance at survival. 

55 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

Football goes in fashions. Watch the Tv now, most teams two bank of 4 a goal from a free kick or a deflection then two banks of 5. Where’s the flair.? where’s the quality?On the day they announce an MBE for Greavsey what has happened to the beautiful game.?

Avoiding defeat became more important than winning a game.

Should they start awarding bonus points for the number of goals scored in a game, or winning by high margins?

One of the good things about rugby is that both teams are hell-bent on scoring tries and winning by as many points as possible.

And the only diving occurs when a player goes over for a try.

So the obvious differences are

Their football is entertaining. Ours is not.

They've achieved success recently and under their current manager. We have not.

They're achieving their objectives as of now. We're failing ours as of now.

Liverpool sacked Rodgers when they were in 10th, we're 9th. So...

21 minutes ago, Prinny said:

So the obvious differences are

Their football is entertaining. Ours is not.

They've achieved success recently and under their current manager. We have not.

They're achieving their objectives as of now. We're failing ours as of now.

Liverpool sacked Rodgers when they were in 10th, we're 9th. So...

Why compare City and Liverpool 

Both play in Red thats about all we have in common

Just now, Maltshoveller said:

Why indeed?

22 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

1 minute ago, Maltshoveller said:

Through my lifetime, one has been "by far the greatest team the world has ever seen", the other is Liverpool. 

11 hours ago, Prinny said:

Why indeed?

For the’  hard of understanding ‘ on here , my point is that even the mighty Liverpool with Herr Klopp at the helm failed to beat a lowly side in their division. It happens that’s football.

Modest City failed to beat two out of three sides in awful form and there were calls for Holden’s head. 

I was in no way comparing our football club to them but highlighting the fact that no one has a God given right to win a game and that certain ‘ supporters ‘ over react when we lose. 

27 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

For the’  hard of understanding ‘ on here , my point is that even the mighty Liverpool with Herr Klopp at the helm failed to beat a lowly side in their division. It happens that’s football.

Yep sure does, it's why football is frustrating and great.

Modest City failed to beat two out of three sides in awful form and there were calls for Holden’s head. 

Because the context is different. For the above reasons. That's why if you want to make the point, you hurt your own argument by adding in elements which detract from it. But maybe that's hard to understand...

I was in no way comparing our football club to them but highlighting the fact that no one has a God given right to win a game and that certain ‘ supporters ‘ over react when we lose. 

Then just say that and stop hiding behind what's going on elsewhere as a justification. A team which is successful, previously and currently, who play exciting and entertaining football who dominate a game and fail to win, is not the same as what is happening here.

We do not have a god given right to beat anyone. Totally agree. Can we expect more from a team costing ~£25 million when they face a team who cost a fraction of that? Can we expect them to consistently play better than they are? No excuses for injuries, the actual players available. So can we hold the manager accountable for that? Can we criticise him? Can we add up all the evidence we've seen and say, I don't think this guy has got it? I'm not at that opinion personally yet, but I understand it.

Anyone who wants City to be successful is at the same level. Anyone who gives their time is a supporter. And if someone thinks the best thing for the club is to sack the current manager then you don't have a god given right to look down on them as lesser than you.  You're not a better "supporter" because you say everything is great when it isn't.

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

Then just say that and stop hiding behind what's going on elsewhere as a justification. A team which is successful, previously and currently, who play exciting and entertaining football who dominate a game and fail to win, is not the same as what is happening here.

We do not have a god given right to beat anyone. Totally agree. Can we expect more from a team costing ~£25 million when they face a team who cost a fraction of that? Can we expect them to consistently play better than they are? No excuses for injuries, the actual players available. So can we hold the manager accountable for that? Can we criticise him? Can we add up all the evidence we've seen and say, I don't think this guy has got it? I'm not at that opinion personally yet, but I understand it.

Anyone who wants City to be successful is at the same level. Anyone who gives their time is a supporter. And if someone thinks the best thing for the club is to sack the current manager then you don't have a god given right to look down on them as lesser than you.  You're not a better "supporter" because you say everything is great when it isn't.

nba falling GIF by Philadelphia 76ers

Archived