IGNORED

Is Luton on the red button?

Lanterne Rouge

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I can`t see anything up to now on Sky saying any of this week`s games are on the red button and they haven`t said they are in any of their ads for upcoming games.

Does anyone know for sure before I pays me tenner?

I’d hang on a bit LR - they’ve been late showing up recently

Having said that , not showing on their site / schedule

9BF188CF-D297-4496-AC62-A4E417B4F4DC.png

16 hours ago, Clevedon Red said:

Reckon it’s just the Birmingham and Stoke games tomorrow.

Be in sports in oz replicate sky. Ive checked and its only two of the championship ones tomorrow. Birmingham and stoke .

i pay it as part of my Foxtel / sky package in oz. therefore assume the clubs get nought 

14 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Do BCFC make any any money from Robins TV

Are people in this forum suggesting we don't pay for the product or service that helps our club? 

If the actual product was worth the fee charged it may encourage supporters to pay for the service? 

Clubs around the country happily fleece their fan base the rest of the year, so don't have much sympathy with me 

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Are people in this forum suggesting we don't pay for the product or service that helps our club? 

Sky pay for the rights to show championship football and so those of us who subscribe to it having access to the red button games aren’t fleecing the club, just enjoying a benefit of the service we pay for that in turn results in money to the clubs.

As someone who stumps up for Sky, my team plays a minimal number of games on their service, so I enjoy it when I have a chance to catch even the Billy basics Red button games as well, and have even paid for a good number of Robin’s TV matches too.

So I don’t think it’s a crime to hope that the midweek Sky games are on the red button, as if you’re paying for Sky Sports it’s part of that.

14 minutes ago, samo II said:

Sky pay for the rights to show championship football and so those of us who subscribe to it having access to the red button games aren’t fleecing the club, just enjoying a benefit of the service we pay for that in turn results in money to the clubs.

As someone who stumps up for Sky, my team plays a minimal number of games on their service, so I enjoy it when I have a chance to catch even the Billy basics Red button games as well, and have even paid for a good number of Robin’s TV matches too.

So I don’t think it’s a crime to hope that the midweek Sky games are on the red button, as if you’re paying for Sky Sports it’s part of that.

Particularly since Sky pay the club an amount if the game is a red button one.

2 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

There are in so many games that can be shown on the Red Button - this is one where we won’t be on ..... sadly

Pretty sure it will not be added at late notice.

Those guys will be all-ready programming in the top three or four teams that are odds on for promotion or getting close.

Stoke, Watford, Norwich, reading etc. unless we start winning with true results against the the other teams above us then we wont be on the tele.

3 minutes ago, City oz said:

Those guys will be all-ready programming in the top three or four teams that are odds on for promotion or getting close.

Stoke, Watford, Norwich, reading etc. unless we start winning with true results against the the other teams above us then we wont be on the tele.

A couple of wins and we have some attractive games for TV coming up Norwich, Derby, Cardiff, Watford, Reading and Boro so there may be hope of some more TV slots if we were to get 4 points out of the next two games! ...  we can hope!

Then injured players may start returning and then we will see if Holden can get the team playing or if it’s really beyond his ability!

2 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

A couple of wins and we have some attractive games for TV coming up Norwich, Derby, Cardiff, Watford, Reading and Boro so there may be hope of some more TV slots if we were to get 4 points out of the next two games! ...  we can hope!

Then injured players may start returning and then we will see if Holden can get the team playing or if it’s really beyond his ability!

Lets hope. Definitely Cardiff will be on the tele due too it being a “derby” Norwich as well as Norwich just like Leeds last year will always be on the tele. Watford and reading are also a potential as they are close to London.  I don’t think the one against boro though has a chance on the tele.

i only get three matches on “be in sports” for championship matches mid week and on the weekend and get most of the prem ones at all times.

1 hour ago, samo II said:

Good post.

FWIW, I have Sky, but after one red button game this season I stopped and pay for Robinstv.  My choice, not to help club, just prefer the broadcast, replays etc.

1 hour ago, Denbury Red said:

There are in so many games that can be shown on the Red Button - this is one where we won’t be on ..... sadly

Pretty sure it will not be added at late notice.

Yep, as the season has been condensed there are some rounds of fixtures that would normally have been Saturday 3pm rounds and therefore not red button.  No idea if this is one of them though.

^ Yep, I was trying to find out whether the game was on Red Button or not, and whereas I didn't get a 100% definitive answer, I did read that this round of fixtures (despite being 19:45 kick-offs) have been designated as 'games that would normally have been on a Saturday', and hence they would NOT be on Red button.

6 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Given the choice between watching it on a service you already pay for or shelling out an extra tenner for Robins TV, I imagine most families need to save the tenner more than BCFC needs whatever it gets out of said tenner.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Good post.

FWIW, I have Sky, but after one red button game this season I stopped and pay for Robinstv.  My choice, not to help club, just prefer the broadcast, replays etc.

I’ve done similar myself before as for the sling and arrows it sometimes gets, Robins TV has done a pretty decent job in my eyes.

Plus, you forget how crucial the capacity for replays is when not watching in person; the early stages of plays, or movement away from the ball that lead to goals/incident that you cannot choose to focus on yourself like you would if in the ground adds a lot when watching on TV.

1 hour ago, Red7 said:

Given the choice between watching it on a service you already pay for or shelling out an extra tenner for Robins TV, I imagine most families need to save the tenner more than BCFC needs whatever it gets out of said tenner.

Yep, everyone in different financial circumstances.  I have no problem with someone choosing the red button as they’ve already paid for their Sky sub.

1 hour ago, samo II said:

I’ve done similar myself before as for the sling and arrows it sometimes gets, Robins TV has done a pretty decent job in my eyes.

Plus, you forget how crucial the capacity for replays is when not watching in person; the early stages of plays, or movement away from the ball that lead to goals/incident that you cannot choose to focus on yourself like you would if in the ground adds a lot when watching on TV.

Yep, it’s the big miss for me....not being able to see the whole pitch.  I can afford the tenner, but if the overall broadcast was poor (it’s not imho) I might not.  The commentary on red button is poor, it has no replays, and too often action is missed as they zoom onto the dugout, a player whilst the action is going on.

Archived