IGNORED

Ben Saunders Foundation

leylandsroad

In August 2020 we lost our son Ben to cancer, he was just 18 years old. We have registered a charity in his name to support Teenagers and Young Adults who have cancer. In four months we have raised over £110,000 and purchased a lodge in the Cotswolds. We are now saving to purchase another to support bereaved parents and their families. 

Ben was a season ticket holder since he was 6 years old and he also played for Bath City and Oldland under 18s. 

Several of the city players were very kind to Ben including Ashley Williams, Max and Callum all three of whom spoke to him regularly and donated shirts. The club has now donated a signed shirt and signed official match ball which we are raffling off this Friday at £5 per ticket. We've sold 110 tickets to date if we sell 150 then we will raffle both on Friday live on Facebook and Instagram.

For details of how to buy a ticket or two please visit

Ben Saunders Foundation

Thank you.

IMG_0953.JPG

IMG_1434.JPG

IMG_3637.JPG

IMG_3627.PNG

48 minutes ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Help!

When I click on the 'buy a ticket' bit, I'm taken to what looks like a standard 'Just Giving' page and I can't see where to then click to buy tickets for this specific draw (and I'd like to be part of the Bristol City/OTIB contribution).

Would be grateful for a steer. Thanks in advance.

same! also with the gift aid, it asks if my donation is not part of a raffle etc. what should I select? 

• Admin
2 hours ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Help!

When I click on the 'buy a ticket' bit, I'm taken to what looks like a standard 'Just Giving' page and I can't see where to then click to buy tickets for this specific draw (and I'd like to be part of the Bristol City/OTIB contribution).

1 hour ago, Coelho said:

same! also with the gift aid, it asks if my donation is not part of a raffle etc. what should I select? 

Probably best for @leylandsroad to answer

I ballsed up even getting my name to appear 

1 hour ago, Coelho said:

Legitimately you cannot claim gift aid for this, because you are being entered into a raffle.  Whether you choose to or not is your choice.

Hi All, we are a registered charity 1192178. On the just giving page please make sure you put your name and maybe just a message such as city shirt or CTID. I am organizing it and have been doing raffles since we lost Ben in August. For Example We raised £920 for Callum O'Dowdas ROI sh whilst Andy Robertson from Liverpool raised £2,400. Callum and Max have both tweeten about this last night.

We've sold about 140 ticket for this raffle now, the draw will be live Friday at 7 on bensaundersfoundation facebook and instagram and as sales have gone well we will be giving two prizes Signed shirt and ball.

The ball is RRP £125 and is a cracker. All the players have signed both.

If you've forgotten to add your name email me at bensaundersfoundation@hotmail.com and I will add your name. 

Thank you. 

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Legitimately you cannot claim gift aid for this, because you are being entered into a raffle.  Whether you choose to or not is your choice.

correct

8 hours ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Help!

I hope I had cleared this up. We are a registered charity and it is a just giving page. £5 per entry. Draw / Raffle is live on Friday at 7pm.

Thanks

Thank you for the update. The purpose of the Ben Saunders Foundation is to give holidays and short term breaks to Teenagers and Young Adults with cancer as they go through their treatments.

We had received support from many professional clubs such as Liverpool, Man U, Everton, Chelsea, Leicester, Bristol Rovers, Arsenal, Peterboro, Reading, Republic of Ireland, England, Southampton, Marcus Rashford, Mason Mount, Tyrone Mings, Max O'Leary, Callum O, Bryan Robson, Kevin Keegan and many others.

In 4 months we have raised over £110,000 and it is all in my sons' memory. Ben loved football and one of his best friends Harvey WR has recently signed pro, they played together from aged 7 until Ben got ill just after his 17th birthday.

To date we have sold 160 tickets for the City shirt and Ball, this has raised £800 to date.

We have over 85 registered to run the Bath marathon in September, please look at www.bensaundersfoundation.org for more details. Please support us. 

Archived