IGNORED

Pulis Sacked by Sheff Weds

Sheltons Army

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I got lied to all the time about bonuses, early finishes, every month in the building game.

When it doesnt come off you cant go around punching people.

Think you may have been responding to my earlier post. Whether you “should” you must also know that plenty of people “do”. I wasn’t aware the Pulis situation was over bonuses tbh.

I’ve seen it loads of times unfortunately, guy has mortgage to pay, payment is late or firm goes into receivership and it kicks off. If you don’t want the heat over money you’ve only got to pay what you promised, nobody kicks off for that!!

I feel for the long suffering fans having to put up with the likes of a basket case owner and "Triffic" Tone.

"Sold" the ground, invented a taxi firm shirt sponsor. Covid and the lack of match day cash looks like its brought all this to light sooner rather than later.

Tiny Penis will have forgotten the club as soon as he tosses his cap into the river and be off counting his cash.

They might not feel it at the moment but getting rid of Tiny early was the best news in the long term.

16 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

One of the biggest wage stealers, and money wasters in the history of our club.

If he gets knocked on a bonus, thats his fault.

He lives in sandbanks, btw, i doubt many builders live there.

Doesn’t matter what you do for a living. I work for myself and when I agree a fee for my service I expect to get paid on time, no excuses accepted for any reason. I don’t go round beating people up personally but I don’t accept and ignore non payment either. If it comes to it you will literally see me in court if you don’t pay. Not acceptable end of story.

1 minute ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Ive seen it loads too mate.

Sadly they dont end up living in sandbanks.

I know what you’re saying........

5 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Owl - you must have watched some of his 10 matches. Was he that bad or are there other factors involved in the sacking? 

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Any indication as to what went wrong? 

Was it literally the one win was the final straw?

Unfortunately I did watch some, although I soon stopped paying for the games. It was even boring on the radio! 

He made it clear from the start that he was going to be honest with the chairman, and unfortunately our chairman isn't someone who appreciates honesty. Pulis has been saying for the last week that they're going to meet so he can give his assessment on the club so far.....I think this is the result of that meeting. 

It's a strange one in that I don't think the fans are particularly upset that Pulis has gone, it's more that it just shows what a shambles the club is and that there's just no plan in place. When we sacked Monk we had one of the best defensive records in the division but was struggling to score, so we replaced him with the world's most defensive manager who's sides show very little ambition going forward, so surprise surprise, things have got worse. 

I expect it'll be an obscure foreign manager coming in next. 

I wouldn't mind betting there's been a bit of value engineering done here to ensure he still gets his pay off and they cut the wage bill.

A cheap up and coming coach is my bet rather than a foreign coach.

Step forward Ben Garner! At least he's not defensive in any shape or form, he doesn't use stupid words like triffic or wear a stupid baseball cap.

5 hours ago, Robin101 said:

Looking increasingly likely that at least one of Wednesday, Forest and Derby will end up relegated at the end of this season.

All very big clubs to go into League One which is becoming a bit of a graveyard of ‘big clubs for the third tier’. 

Wouldn’t fancy trying to get out of League One with Hull, Sunderland, Charlton, Portsmouth, Ipswich and one of these down there too. Albeit one of the above may come up this season.

Some formidable names but I think you may have missed out one massive club with a wealthy generous owner.

They look a bit of a mess from the outside to say the least...

The odd thing is, both Monk and Pulis got 4 pts from 2 games and this was deemed the final straw- check their results this season, it's unusual!

I see similarities between Chansiri and Morris. Not just the FFP, but both came into clubs with a solid base to build on- Sheffield Wednesday high teens-mid 20's attendance wise, midtable or lower midtable in 2014/15? Solid (perhaps dull) and not spectacular but something to build on anyway, no huge losses?

Derby playoff final in 2013/14 and fell away- looked a very good side though, under McClaren- again moderate (a lot to us but to football in Tier 2) losses- good young side. Both and in similar timelines have just made crazy decisions to date, getting progressively worse/more desperate!

Should probably be a soft embargo tbh, given the player payment issue and no accounts.

The Wednesday chairman is speaking to the media this morning... if you're the press team at Wednesday, you'd probably be desperate for him to shut up and stop talking.

Live blogging at https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/dejphon-chansiri-press-conference-live-follow-everything-sheffield-wednesday-owner-has-say-season-ticket-refunds-club-finances-tony-pulis-and-more-3082128

16 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

The Wednesday chairman is speaking to the media this morning... if you're the press team at Wednesday, you'd probably be desperate for him to shut up and stop talking.

Live blogging at https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/dejphon-chansiri-press-conference-live-follow-everything-sheffield-wednesday-owner-has-say-season-ticket-refunds-club-finances-tony-pulis-and-more-3082128

Reading that it's a shame Pulis was sacked. The two of them deserve each other.

The losers are, as always, the fans.

42 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

As said, they deserve each other. Although I'm not sure what Chansiri thought he was getting, it's as if he knew nothing of Pulis before he appointed him.

probably couldnt understand a word each other were saying and agreed on the nods and smiles count

Archived