IGNORED

Team to face The Hatters

wendyredredrobin

Getting a bit thin on the ground now with all the injuries.  COD will be out for a while and Jack Hunt got a nasty gash on the weekend, so may be doubtful too.

I would have tipped Fam to start, but he looks so much more effective from the bench. No creative players left in midfield with Weimann, Walsh, Patto and COD crocked and Eliason sold.  We will need to to get a couple in during the window.

I get the feeling that one or two of the youngsters might get a start tonight.

Another 3 points would be welcome and I fancy us for another scrappy 1-0 or 2-1 steal.

12 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Getting a bit thin on the ground now with all the injuries.  COD will be out for a while and Jack Hunt got a nasty gash on the weekend, so may be doubtful too.

I would have tipped Fam to start, but he looks so much more effective from the bench. No creative players left in midfield with Weimann, Walsh, Patto and COD crocked and Eliason sold.  We will need to to get a couple in during the window.

Another 3 points would be welcome and I fancy us for another scrappy 1-0 or 2-1 steal.

I think Fam will start especially after the glorious strike the other day. A couple of youngsters will play a part and it would be interesting to see how they go. Unfortunately i only see a lucky 1-1 scrappy draw 

13 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

DH said on Saturday Fam only had half an hour in him due to a groin strain.

Bentley 

Hunt Mariappa Kalas Rowe

Nagy Bakinson Massengo

Odowda

Martin Diedhiou 

Bit iffy on Odowda cause of his injury but Holden might start with this. Scraping bare bones with that side as only real sub to bring on is Semenyowho imo is better coming off the bench anyway and Wells who is out of form atm.

Not a lot of mobility up front but we have to deal with what we got. Creative Midfielder, winger and Striker needed in Jan 

Apart from the longer term injuries, we are waiting on COD, Hunt, Vyner and Fam, who was only risked for 20 minutes the other day.

It could be;

Bentley
Moore - Mariappa - Kalas - Rowe

Bakinson - Nagy - HNM

Wells - Martin - Semenyo

5 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Creative Midfielder, winger and Striker needed in Jan 

I don't see any chance we spend , we have a big squad and to add 3 more (unless we lose some)  isn't going to happen.
Creative MF, we are waiting on Paterson, Williams and Walsh. Whatever the ins and outs of contracts and injuries , when those are fit we have what? 8 CMF's.
Winger, we haven't played with a winger under Holden so I don't see us signing one now.
Striker, we have 4. Unless Fam goes we won't sign another.

I see maybe a centre back if Mariappa goes and the return of Mawson and Baker is much, and I mean much longer than expected. 
I'm not sure we would sign many if it was a normal season, but reduced income along with players due back over the next 4-6 weeks I don't see any coming in, unless there are first teasers leaving.

Assuming Vyner, Hunt and COD out, Holden could go:

Bentley

Mariappa | Moore | Kalas | Rowe

Edwards | Bakinson | Nagy | Semenyo

Diedhiou | Martin

I prefer Semenyo on the left.  Hopefully Fam can get through an hour.

Bench of:

O’Leary | Massengo | Wells and the kids.

Personally I think Hunt will be ok, and Vyner.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I do hope you are right. But Luton play with a bit of fire and determination, the qualities we lack. I think we will be lucky to get a draw.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I don't see any chance we spend , we have a big squad and to add 3 more (unless we lose some)  isn't going to happen.
Creative MF, we are waiting on Paterson, Williams and Walsh. Whatever the ins and outs of contracts and injuries , when those are fit we have what? 8 CMF's.
Winger, we haven't played with a winger under Holden so I don't see us signing one now.
Striker, we have 4. Unless Fam goes we won't sign another.

I see maybe a centre back if Mariappa goes and the return of Mawson and Baker is much, and I mean much longer than expected. 
I'm not sure we would sign many if it was a normal season, but reduced income along with players due back over the next 4-6 weeks I don't see any coming in, unless there are first teasers leaving.

I can see a loan coming in to replace Williams. It’s brutal but we have to forget him right now. He can’t help us and neither can Walsh.

Stats wise we are pretty evenly matched. 

Similar home form to us - Similar form to us generally.

A win for them will bring them within 3 of us.

They don’t score or concede loads.

I’m going for a draw, 1-1, possibly 0-0 - which I’d be happy enough with.

If either team nick it, it will be by one goal, 1-0 or 2-1 either way. If it’s us, that will depend largely on whose fit after the weekend.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Bentley

Diedhiou | Martin

Bench of:

I would replace Martin with Bell.

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I can see a loan coming in to replace Williams. It’s brutal but we have to forget him right now. He can’t help us and neither can Walsh.

Just seen this from the Exiled Robin on FB;

Quotes from Bristol Live on injuries and loanees

“Joe Williams, I'm not too sure. He's had a few little setbacks along the way and fingers crossed we can get him back before the end of the season,"

(doesn’t sound hopeful that we will )

Nathan Baker and Alfie Mawson *may* be back to join the Robins later on in January and Jamie Paterson will be assessed on how he responds to his hip rehabilitation work.

Bristol Live understands that City are also leaning towards recalling Cameron Pring from Portsmouth, with Jay Dasilva ruled out for several months with his shin injury.

Marley Watkins having returned from Aberdeen albeit carrying a hamstring injury that means he may not be fit until March, the Robins do already have another attacking midfielder in the ranks.

Sounds like we can forget Williams for the season, not even a mention of Walsh so I would think the same for now. No others until some time in Feb, bit of a farce now. Pring back for cover at LB/LWB , with no time set for Paterson I would expect Palmer back too. Opi ?

With that in mind, a loan is possible, though who? Jan is a difficult time any year, but this year? I would guess that we will extend Mariappa until the end of the season, I'd love Benkovic but I don't see it. We are possibly down to the last standing across the back 4 and our last 3 CMF, loans are probably needed. CMF presence would be good, hard to find though. 

26 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

to me he looks unfit, slow and overweight

He is not a ‘ Bobby Reid’ that is certain and , like Wells, I don’t believe that we are playing him to his strengths. 

You can also imagine that, at his age, he didn’t think he’d be playing every game, twice a week and be expected to run around like a four legged chicken. 

It appears that Vyner & COD are both out, Jack Hunt for all the flak he takes on here, is a tough old character & has played before this season having had stitches in his ankle, so my hunch is that he will again.

If Famara really is unable to play more than half an hour, we basically have 11 senior* outfield players left for 10 places.

My hunch is;

Bentley

Hunt Mariappa Kalas Rowe 

Nagy Bakinson HNM

Semenyo Martin Wells 

With Max O’Leary, Fam, Taylor Moore & a collection of the U23s on the bench. The only other combination would see Moore come in to a back 3/5 with presumably Semenyo on the bench or to replace Hunt if he’s missing too.

Take a draw right now.

*With Massengo 19 & Semenyo 20 & Bakinson hardly experienced at this level, it is stretching it a bit to even call them senior pros, but they are in comparison to the vast majority of the subs.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Bentley

Diedhiou | Martin

Bench of:

Sorry Dave Semenyo on the left hand side of a 4-4-2 is a no from me . I would revert back to 3-5-2 tonight because of the injuries. If fit I would go

Bentley     

Vyner.        Kalas.       Mariappa

Hunt.                                                     Rowe

Bakinson  Massengo                          
                             Nagy

Diedhiou.   Semenyo

If COD is fit play him we’re I put Nagy and put Nagy we’re massengo is . I personally feel Nagy has a lot to offer in an attacking capacity . Not in as much as playing him in the Paterson role but further forward. Something like that anyway 

4 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

It's been a while since I've seen a nasty gash....

Archived