IGNORED

Gregor - Joe Williams

Bassomylord

5 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Has to rank among City's long list of disastrous signings. Not that he is a bad player and not always the fault of the club. But whether fate/bad luck/medical not thorough enough who knows. But what a disaster.

Wasn't he crocked previously and missed a chunk of a season?

44 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

Implying on his post article that Williams may not be fit this season.... some clarity from the club would be nice....what is actually wrong with him.

You could be waiting some time. Since when has the club provided any clarity on things such as this,

42 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

Implying on his post article that Williams may not be fit this season.... some clarity from the club would be nice....what is actually wrong with him.

Remember when some people said we'd be giving too much away to opponents if the club divulged too much...

Are we now keeping hush hush so that we don't give any intel to our first opponent in the 2021-22 season?!

8 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Totally bizarre. There must be more to this than a one off injury.  It may be a more long term problem such as a back which many of us will know can take ages to get right...if ever!

Worse still, he may have mental issues which would explain the club's silence. 

I’ve just asked Gregor to ask whether the current injuries are the same as the initial ones, e.g. Williams (thigh), Walsh (quad).

We know they’ve had setbacks, but is the setback to the initial injury, or perhaps a new injury sustained whilst in rehab.  It happens.

1 minute ago, Roadrunner said:

Can the club come out and say how he passed his club medical before he signed for us, and who did it What are my chances of getting an honest answer.

The official story from club is he did it on day 1 of pre-season, so post-medical.

I think people are reading too much in to this and making a story thats simply not there. The poor lads just had a terrible time with injuries, seems like we rushed when signing him, we signed him when he wasn't fit. Like buying a car with a problem, fixing it and then coming across another one. Theres a VERY good player there, I genuinely think the club aren't rushing him back because we know his quality, no good bringing him back in too early and losing him again. 

3 minutes ago, Negan said:

I think people are reading too much in to this and making a story thats simply not there. The poor lads just had a terrible time with injuries, seems like we rushed when signing him, we signed him when he wasn't fit. Like buying a car with a problem, fixing it and then coming across another one. Theres a VERY good player there, I genuinely think the club aren't rushing him back because we know his quality, no good bringing him back in too early and losing him again. 

Perhaps, but I think we took a few risks this summer. I know we've had some freak injuries but our two biggest signings (in terms of wage outlay/fee) were Williams and Mawson. Both have injury histories and we allegedly beat a few teams to their signature. I think we may have taken calculated gambles on these two over the summer in eagerness to get some quality into the squad.

I think in this instance, and I wouldn't usually advocate this, the club clarifying the situation might be useful. Just an interview with the physio team ala the Steve Allen ones from a few seasons back. 

44 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought something was going on with Morrell, and now I think something might be going on with Williams and Walsh. 

Think that is incredibly unlikely with Williams, we signed him, he got injured then something went wrong in his rehab is the most likely (& very boring) explanation.

Walsh is supposed to be back in February, so we will see what happens then, though in truth I have completely lost interest in him & he could leave us tomorrow for all I care.

Worth mentioning though that Morrell is probably out injured tonight too & has started only 3 games for them, so is hardly setting the world on fire.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think that is incredibly unlikely with Williams, we signed him, he got injured then something went wrong in his rehab is the most likely (& very boring) explanation.

Walsh is supposed to be back in February, so we will see what happens then, though in truth I have completely lost interest in him & he could leave us tomorrow for all I care.

Worth mentioning though that Morrell is probably out injured tonight too & has started only 3 games for them, so is hardly setting the world on fire.

Williams is a miss , a good season at Wigan and would certainly add some bite and aggression to our midfield.

Walsh is being built up as some superhero by many on here whose going to come into our team and be the creative link we’ve lacked for years, based on one good season in league one. We’ve signed far too many players who’ve had good seasons in league one who’ve not managed to step up 

4 minutes ago, daored said:

Williams is a miss , a good season at Wigan and would certainly add some bite and aggression to our midfield.

Walsh is being built up as some superhero by many on here whose going to come into our team and be the creative link we’ve lacked for years, based on one good season in league one. We’ve signed far too many players who’ve had good seasons in league one who’ve not managed to step up 

You may well be right, but it would just be nice to find out for sure! I’m starting to wonder whether we’ll ever see either of them actually play. 

Annoying.

What makes it even worse is that Wigan sold some, arguably, better players (for reasonable transfer fees) to other clubs who have done well.

If he's as badly injured as it appears, when he eventually gets fit, he may also not be as good as we had hoped, and will be difficult to offload.

Is there an undercover assassin lurking in our midst?

Cluedo or Clueless?

My guess is Massengo, with the lead pipe, in the treatment room.

54 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

I hope someone asks the question to someone from the club about the medical staff, never seen anything like this before 

Nothing wrong with our medical team.

ss2441946_-_photograph_of_kenneth_willia

It does seem to be a bit of a carry on though!

• Admin
26 minutes ago, CityFarAndWide said:

I feel for Williams if the set backs are as bad as they appear to be for him to be out for this long, at this point if he is out for rest of the season there needs to be a explanation to the fans as to what's gone on even just to clear the air and subdue the frustration 

Would certainly be interesting to know if something has re-occured from the past or something new.

What does seem odd is that this appears to be something that isn't improving, rather than he suffered something like an ACL injury and just been hushed by the club

Archived