IGNORED

Gregor - Joe Williams

Bassomylord

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Would certainly be interesting to know if something has re-occured from the past or something new.

What does seem odd is that this appears to be something that isn't improving, rather than he suffered something like an ACL injury and just been hushed by the club

That’s why I’ve asked Gregor if he can ascertain whether Walsh and Williams are still rehab’ing from their original injuries or whether the setback is more a case of suffering a new / different injury.  He said he’d try to find out.  Post-match tonight is unlikely to be the right time, so I’ll check in with him again next week if we don’t find out.

3 hours ago, Negan said:

I think people are reading too much in to this and making a story thats simply not there. The poor lads just had a terrible time with injuries, seems like we rushed when signing him, we signed him when he wasn't fit. Like buying a car with a problem, fixing it and then coming across another one. Theres a VERY good player there, I genuinely think the club aren't rushing him back because we know his quality, no good bringing him back in too early and losing him again. 

It is smoke coming from his exhaust, once that is fixed he should be back.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought the injury was an excuse by the club. A strain bad enough to stop him from training for a month or so and then plays 2 games in a week for Wales before moving to Luton. I thought at the time he was off. 

But Williams has just arrived, does he want to leave already after playing 0 games? Not impossible I guess, just doesn’t seem that likely. I agree that the club keeping so quiet about the situation seems strange, but wonder if the issues are stemming from the injuries being mishandled which has ended up making them worse. Maybe he was rushed on to grass to soon and ended up doing more damage or something along those lines.

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Perhaps, but I think we took a few risks this summer. I know we've had some freak injuries but our two biggest signings (in terms of wage outlay/fee) were Williams and Mawson. Both have injury histories and we allegedly beat a few teams to their signature. I think we may have taken calculated gambles on these two over the summer in eagerness to get some quality into the squad.

Not quite so sure about this, Mawson absolutely was a gamble, he has a terrible history with injuries, but Joe Williams?

Last season he made 40 appearances, the previous season 30, in the one before that, 38.

Seeing he is a serial collector of yellow cards (14 & a red card last season, 7 in the year before, 10 & a red card in the year before that) so is suspended a fair bit, that looks to me like he was fit to play (even when serving a suspension) almost all of the time...

Now, I don't want to fuel a conspiracy theory. That's the last thing I want. Honestly. 

But guess which agency Walsh and Williams are signed to...Wasserman.

And who is Brunt with? Wasserman.

So who really chooses who plays for Bristol City? Does Wasserman control Ashton? Does Holden have any power?

Did O'Dowda and Vyner expect so much first team football? Don't worry, Wasserman sorted it...

Now, you might say I have zero evidence, but you don't need evidence to see the truth. You just need the courage of imagination. 

MASSIVE FRAUD!

My potential conspiracy theory ? is that we could be under some sort of soft embargo, imposed this summer- or at least Business Plan and maybe to avoid falling foul of regulations have agreed not to play Williams this season.

Once this season is done, any such financial issues would melt away owing to out of contract players, FFP cycle moving forward etc.

Hope I'm very wrong but who knows! Birmingham got punished in part due to the Pedersen signing.

36 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought the injury was an excuse by the club. A strain bad enough to stop him from training for a month or so and then plays 2 games in a week for Wales before moving to Luton. I thought at the time he was off. 

Why would they do that....why not just say he didn’t make the 18?

Bulgaria game was 6th September.  Coventry game was 12th Sept.

He returned to full training before the Forest game (video 30th Sept, so probably filmed day before).

Signed for Luton 15th Oct.

Thinking he might get sold is fine, you never know what can happen in a window.  But saying he wasn’t injured is another thing altogether.

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Maybe.

I have just imagined that Williams might have been told when talking to us and with plenty of other interest in him, that Walsh is a big part of our future. Williams being close friends with Walsh, midfield partner from age of 8 at Everton, he joins us thinking Walsh will be offered new deal. We then don't offer Walsh new deal, or try to loan him out or sell him. Williams feels then he's been lied to and wants out.

Something like that! Or maybe he's just injured! ?

Just seems a coincidence they are both out all season and both appeared fine when we saw them walking around earlier in the season.

I know a player could be walking fine and have a serious injury. But Walsh's one seems really weird. And he's been playing golf with teammates. A real nasty injury apparently too.

No doubt people will say don't be ridiculous, but stranger things have happened. Fredericks had enough and left us straight away, why can't Williams be like that.

Morrell I think was not injured, and no doubt clubs will for whatever reason want to cover up the truth about such things.

Hopefully I'm wrong on all that!

When was Walsh playing golf?  Is that recently?  Or was this the same golfing story that came out at the time he was out in Liverpool with his mates (when Liverpool win the title)?

Just a theory but wondering if Everton have a clause that we pay them more after Walsh makes X number of appearances. As he hasn't signed a new contract why give him game time that will cost us more money ?

Or Theory 2 Coventry have tapped him up and he is going there in January permanently.

26 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Maybe.

I have just imagined that Williams might have been told when talking to us and with plenty of other interest in him, that Walsh is a big part of our future. Williams being close friends with Walsh, midfield partner from age of 8 at Everton, he joins us thinking Walsh will be offered new deal. We then don't offer Walsh new deal, or try to loan him out or sell him. Williams feels then he's been lied to and wants out.

Something like that! Or maybe he's just injured! ?

Just seems a coincidence they are both out all season and both appeared fine when we saw them walking around earlier in the season.

I know a player could be walking fine and have a serious injury. But Walsh's one seems really weird. And he's been playing golf with teammates. A real nasty injury apparently too.

No doubt people will say don't be ridiculous, but stranger things have happened. Fredericks had enough and left us straight away, why can't Williams be like that.

Morrell I think was not injured, and no doubt clubs will for whatever reason want to cover up the truth about such things.

Hopefully I'm wrong on all that!

English parents need to take their responsibility to rescue their spoiled children

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Someone on here said. Might be nonsense, but strange thing to make up.

I think clubs or players, or both sometimes agree to say to press someone is injured.

Like Coutinho injury before leaving Liverpool has since come out he wasn't injured.

Obi Mikel at Chelsea was reported that he was injured, and he actually said he wasn't.

I think I remember Bale to Madrid transfer beforehand he was supposed to be injured whilst (I think) Spurs were away on preseason tour. I think at the time the general feeling seemed to be 'yeah right!'

Sure there are other examples too. Easier just to say the player is injured when asked questions about them in the press.

Just coming up with a theory. People saying 'something is going on' might be right. But if there is something going on then there can't be too many theories that would make sense.

Yep that could be true too

When though....I’m trying to work if if new rumour or old one.  The golf one was back in August....unless it’s a new story.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Someone on here said. Might be nonsense, but strange thing to make up.

I think clubs or players, or both sometimes agree to say to press someone is injured.

Like Coutinho injury before leaving Liverpool has since come out he wasn't injured.

Obi Mikel at Chelsea was reported that he was injured, and he actually said he wasn't.

I think I remember Bale to Madrid transfer beforehand he was supposed to be injured whilst (I think) Spurs were away on preseason tour. I think at the time the general feeling seemed to be 'yeah right!'

Sure there are other examples too. Easier just to say the player is injured when asked questions about them in the press.

Just coming up with a theory. People saying 'something is going on' might be right. But if there is something going on then there can't be too many theories that would make sense.

Yep that could be true too

It's highly unlikely of course my theory, but something ain't right there.

Many will scoff at it, and probably with some justification but let's wait and see what our accounts for last season say before ruling it out 110% IMO.

As it goes, I wonder if he is being lined up for a January move out, be it loan or whatever. Probably not but how can we rule it out with 100% certainty at this stage.

48 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's highly unlikely of course my theory, but something ain't right there.

Many will scoff at it, and probably with some justification but let's wait and see what our accounts for last season say before ruling it out 110% IMO.

As it goes, I wonder if he is being lined up for a January move out, be it loan or whatever. Probably not but how can we rule it out with 100% certainty at this stage.

If that were to turn out to be the case and he goes on loan and plays the following Saturday there is a raft of difficult questions for the club to answer then. It is a high risk strategy if true.

11 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

If that were to turn out to be the case and he goes on loan and plays the following Saturday there is a raft of difficult questions for the club to answer then. It is a high risk strategy if true.

The loan out or earmarked departure feels very unlikely I agree, high risk but have to wonder what's going on. 

If we were under a business plan which involved Williams, you know, we all surely know we wouldn't know about it.

Would the club be transparent if we were under some agreement/restrictions? No technical obligation to be, EFL it suits them as well.

2 hours ago, mozo said:

Now, I don't want to fuel a conspiracy theory. That's the last thing I want. Honestly. 

But guess which agency Walsh and Williams are signed to...Wasserman.

And who is Brunt with? Wasserman.

So who really chooses who plays for Bristol City? Does Wasserman control Ashton? Does Holden have any power?

Did O'Dowda and Vyner expect so much first team football? Don't worry, Wasserman sorted it...

Now, you might say I have zero evidence, but you don't need evidence to see the truth. You just need the courage of imagination. 

MASSIVE FRAUD!

Don't think your far from the truth wouldn't surprise me if it had something to do with Holden being appointed as well.

8 hours ago, Negan said:

I think people are reading too much in to this and making a story thats simply not there. The poor lads just had a terrible time with injuries, seems like we rushed when signing him, we signed him when he wasn't fit. Like buying a car with a problem, fixing it and then coming across another one. Theres a VERY good player there, I genuinely think the club aren't rushing him back because we know his quality, no good bringing him back in too early and losing him again. 

If I bought a car and it didn't work for a year after buying it, I would be straight on the phone to trading standards.

I reckon he fell off the roof just after being revealed.

Just read in the athletic that apparently there is some tension between Williams and the club over the treatment he’s received ?

Holden is currently without ten first-team players, including Joe Williams and Liam Walsh who Holden would select in midfield alongside Nagy. Williams has a thigh injury which has kept the £1.2 million September signing from Wigan out all season and it is understood there is tension between the player and the medical staff regarding the treatment he has received.”

7 minutes ago, JungleJim said:

Just read in the athletic that apparently there is some tension between Williams and the club over the treatment he’s received ?

Holden is currently without ten first-team players, including Joe Williams and Liam Walsh who Holden would select in midfield alongside Nagy. Williams has a thigh injury which has kept the £1.2 million September signing from Wigan out all season and it is understood there is tension between the player and the medical staff regarding the treatment he has received.”

Who was the writer? 

9 minutes ago, JungleJim said:

Ssshh do not criticise the medical staff on otib! It’s all bad luck don’t you know. 

Archived