IGNORED

Gregor - Joe Williams

Bassomylord

2 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

I think I know the answer to this but going to ask anyway, presumably City and the Bears have different medical teams?  If so, worth sending Joe (and others with long term problematic injuries) to the Bears med team for assessment....and a 2nd opinion?

That's a simple and obvious thing for a well run sporting umbrella organisation to facilitate.

No chance Bristol Sport would do it. 

7 minutes ago, The Bard said:

That's a simple and obvious thing for a well run sporting umbrella organisation to facilitate.

No chance Bristol Sport would do it. 

I realise that that comment is tongue in cheek but I doubt you or many of us know how the two physio departments liaise but as there’s no difference in the treatment and approach between football and rugby injuries I daresay they communicate probably on a daily basis - one advantage of being under one sporting umbrella.

A sports injury is exactly that, a sports injury

21 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

The Athletic are reporting that there is tension between summer signing Joe Williams and medical staff at the club, over the treatment of his injury.if this report is true then time is right to bring in new first class team 

You ain't wrong there mate

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I realise that that comment is tongue in cheek but I doubt you or many of us know how the two physio departments liaise but as there’s no difference in the treatment and approach between football and rugby injuries I daresay they communicate probably on a daily basis - one advantage of being under one sporting umbrella.

A sports injury is exactly that, a sports injury

Certainly basketball use the expertise of the medical personnel within the BS model.

What does that statement actually mean? It's so vague and almost throwaway.

The medical staff are frustrated with him, or him with them? 

Have they made mistakes or is he holding back in his rehab, reluctant to do what's asked?

I know people are desperate for information or reasons for William's absence, so can see why this would draw attention and no doubt the EP will jump on the clickbait bandwagon, we'll see if Gregor has anymore specific details or more speculation. 

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

The Athletic are reporting that there is tension between summer signing Joe Williams and medical staff at the club, over the treatment of his injury.if this report is true then time is right to bring in new first class team 

I’ll start off:

Kane Son de Bryne Henderson Kante 

who will the other six be?

1 hour ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Been saying for a couple of years now there is a fundamental problem with our Medical Department, we have had too many injuries for too long now for it to be just bad luck.

Hard to argue. Especially as can’t recall too many that were just unfortunate impacts or landings. Think O’Dowda against Hull was just bad luck and Fam against Palace(I think?)too. A lot of injuries in training too. Idk seems a lot of bad luck with injuries and it does feel like we never get anyone back when they initially say.

Baker was out until Christmas wasn’t it? Just now starting running on grass. Mawson a pleasant surprise though but he went back to Fulham first ? 

Feels easy to attack the club with anything at the minute tbf to them. The injuries have been ongoing for years now though. Needs looked at again

2 hours ago, Magger1 said:

I wonder if  any  recruitment process would be as thorough as the one that gave us Holden.

A lot of people on here have been told they’re being silly when questioning the medical department on their record over the last few years ?

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Thanks

And fair play to Gregor for putting it out there. Club has little accountability in any of their appointments so good for an uncomfortable story to come out

They’ll probably ban him from the stadium for a few games now ?

4 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

A lot of people on here have been told they’re being silly when questioning the medical department on their record over the last few years ?

They’ll probably ban him from the stadium for a few games now ?

That is probably why he’s run the story..

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well Proctor and Rolls are pretty new, been here since 2018. Rolls came from Arsenal, Proctor Oxford United. Gill O'Shea/Holt has been here 20 years. Jonathan Williams is club doctor of City, Bears and Glos CCC. 

Patrick Orme is head of fitness/conditioning. Came from Liverpool 1st team 4 years ago.

Take your pick! 

What's the common denominator there, I wonder? Gregor reports that Rolls is a long-term acquaintance of Ashton. Proctor was at Oxford United at the same time Ashton was CEO (2014/15). ?

10 minutes ago, tin said:

What's the common denominator there, I wonder? Gregor reports that Rolls is a long-term acquaintace of Ashton. Proctor was at Oxford United at the same time Ashton was CEO (2014/15). ?

Everything that stinks at Ashton Gate all leads back to him. It’ll be a blessed day when that slimeball leaves. 

27 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Thanks

And fair play to Gregor for putting it out there. Club has little accountability in any of their appointments so good for an uncomfortable story to come out

No skin off his nose, not like the Lansdowns have any time for him or The Post anyway. 

28 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Am I missing something, or is anything new actually said in this article?! Not just Williams that is unhappy, ok, but not mentioned who else isn't?! 

9 minutes ago, tin said:

What's the common denominator there, I wonder? Gregor reports that Rolls is a long-term acquaintace of Ashton. Proctor was at Oxford United at the same time Ashton was CEO (2014/15). ?

From the article by Gregor

“Andy Rolls was recruited as head of performance in the summer of 2018 from Arsenal after CEO Mark Ashton brought in a long-term acquaintance, with Andrew Proctor as lead physiotherapist.”

I have been a long term MA supporter for his ability to get the club top fees for players. He kind of set the precedent for champ clubs getting big fees. However, that is now set and other teams like Brentford can do the same. Then you realise all the other decisions MA is involved in like hiring staff, overseeing recruitment and making most of the most important decisions. The only people/person to blame more than MA is the guy that hired him. Starting to think LJ did a lot better than we give him credit for. Like Mourinho finishing second with United a few years ago. Hell of an achievement when you see the decisions non football people are making at that club

Archived