IGNORED

Gregor - Joe Williams

Bassomylord

8 hours ago, Club and Country said:

Unfortunately not mate with regards to where information is coming from 

and whether people chose to believe me or not, there are serious issues down there at the moment (which is now becoming obvious I think we will all agree)

All roads lead to Ashton.

Best thing is remove the cancer.

A difficult & dirty job.

This  club becomes more and more like a secret society.........and there is an ongoing dearth of information made available to the supporters who make this club what it is, and it seems to be   becoming increasingly so?.  With vanilla press conferences and evasive answers as the default setting.  I fully appreciate that we cannot be party to every decision,choice and ruling that takes place at the club, for obvious reasons, but their closed book stance is increasingly irritating IMHO

I feel that there are some issues that are continuing to frustrate and annoy supporters, which could easily be resolved with some better Public Relations.     With so much perceived secrecy,(Nepotism?), it then just continues to fuel rumours, hearsay and falsehoods.  I believe with the current disconnect brought on by the Covid situation and the poor performances on the pitch, the club needs to be more open and candid, and give fans more of an insight into some of the goings on at Stalag (M. Ashton) Gate?  ?                      

11 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

Honesty and transparency is all that we ask for as fans.....at the moment we are getting neither.

For me, this is where JL needs to earn his corn.

As chairman of BCFC, he must have read the BP article, possibly this thread, and be aware of Mark Ashton's central role in it all. He should be leading an independent review of our medical department and Ashton's appointments of chums (Rolls, Proctor, his brother-in-law in recruitment, Holden, LJ etc), feed it back to the emperor and make informed decisions which should then be communicated to the fans - the patrons of the club. 

1 minute ago, tin said:

As chairman of BCFC, he must have read the BP article, possibly this thread, and be aware of Mark Ashton's central role in it all. He should be leading an independent review of our medical department and Ashton's appointments of chums (Rolls, Proctor, his brother-in-law in recruitment, Holden, LJ etc), feed it back to the emperor and make informed decisions which should be communicated to the fans - the patrons of the club. 

I have seen nothing that suggests Jon Lansdown has the clout or skillset to carry out the above. Sadly.

2 minutes ago, tin said:

As chairman of BCFC, he must have read the BP article, possibly this thread, and be aware of Mark Ashton's central role in it all. He should be leading an independent review of our medical department and Ashton's appointments of chums (Rolls, Proctor, his brother-in-law in recruitment, Holden, LJ etc), feed it back to the emperor and make informed decisions which should then be communicated to the fans - the patrons of the club. 

Sorry I have missed the brother-in-law in recruitment. Where is this from?

1 hour ago, Bassomylord said:

Honesty and transparency is all that we ask for as fans.....at the moment we are getting neither.

Genuine question in a hypothetical situation, say either Walsh or Williams actually had long covid effects as opposed to an injury, its a health issue and not an injury so the players are entitled to keep the information as contained as possible. So if you're Holden do you say 'we can't tell the fans what's going on' which would probably annoy quite a few or do you try and cover for them by saying they have injuries and hoping the effects ease off and they can return? Its not always an easy situation for trying to be honest all the time. I'd say for the majority he's tried to be, but when situations become strained has (from a public sense) retreated a bit, which can be understandable.

Partly with so many players out injured he doesn't want to advertise to upcoming opponents who could be back and ready to play too easily, were Portsmouth expecting Alfie Mawson to be fit? In their opposition analysis they probably had a 'January return?' against him name or similar, now Dean has chucked his name out and the video Portsmouth have to suddenly try and predict on a few days notice how it could see us line up along with the returns of Adelakun and Owura Edwards, suddenly creates a lot more work and guesswork about their preparations compared to thinking we're an injury ravaged side with minimal rotation open to us. 

1 hour ago, tin said:

He’s too busy with his crayons designing next seasons shirt 

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

The issues were there way before Holden was given the job full time

but Ashton knew he was going to tow the line... as he had been the whole time he worked under LJ

Exactly. Deans first managerial job, he won’t rock the boat. 
apparently Chris Hughton was interviewed a couple of times. I can imagine the conversation now.

Hello steve , it’s mark

yes mark , what was the outcome with Chris.

Oh Hes definitly the man for the job. Unfortunately  he’s opinionated , thinks our recruitment process is all wrong and wants to rip it all up. 

Well, we can’t have people with opinions mark . Give it to Dean  

14 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

This is all sounding very bad.  Relegation bad if there is dissension in the camp.

Come on City sort it out, and fast.

Wonder what the returning Palmer thinks?

Palmer has COVID, so I reckon he's isolating.

It's all a bit conspiracy theorist.

Can Holden fire the medical team?

Personally i think Team Ashton have had their day and should move on. In my eyes they haven't achieved much to make us a better football club or team. Or am i wrong and have they have got something up their sleeves for us? Would be nice to see a statement from him explaining why we are not where most of us would like them to be. Believe!

Just now, blockbrowt1 said:

Personally i think Team Ashton have had their day and should move on. In my eyes they haven't achieved much to make us a better football club or team. Or am i wrong and have they have got something up their sleeves? W

Ashton has the Lansdowns wrapped around his finger.

Just seen the press conference for Everton’s FA cup game on Sky. Lucas Digne fit and available to play after torn ankle ligaments along with fractured ankle that happened in November. 

Takes me back to when Andre Gomes had his ankle snapped in half and was back playing in the same season 112 days later.

Makes our injury situation look laughable!

49 minutes ago, blockbrowt1 said:

Personally i think Team Ashton have had their day and should move on. In my eyes they haven't achieved much to make us a better football club or team. Or am i wrong and have they have got something up their sleeves for us? Would be nice to see a statement from him explaining why we are not where most of us would like them to be. Believe!

You wont see Ashton when things are not going so well, he's good at hiding.

6 hours ago, tin said:

Werhun, club secretary....and Head of Operations....a former Oxford employee, and also ex-employee of MA’s consultancy business - Tactical Change.  Joined with MA....how cosy.

Another ex-Watford connection spending time at the club is Richard Lee, ex-Watford keeper and of Dragons Den fame for his baseball cap range.  Not sure what role he plays, but seem to recall a bit of scouting.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Werhun, club secretary....and Head of Operations....a former Oxford employee, and also ex-employee of MA’s consultancy business - Tactical Change.  Joined with MA....how cosy.

Another ex-Watford connection spending time at the club is Richard Lee, ex-Watford keeper and of Dragons Den fame for his baseball cap range.  Not sure what role he plays, but seem to recall a bit of scouting.

Mark Ashton is the blood running through the vein's of this football club, we need a transfusion.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Frankly, I was worried when Johnson snr had his relative as a scout and his son in midfield.

This is beginning to look more than alarming. 

We’re starting to see the consequences of a structure that appears to be built by one man based on constructing a personal power-base. Unhealthy in the extreme in my view. No great wonder we couldn’t find a manager who would work in that structure. 

Reinforces my belief the most important signing this window will be a Director of Football who reports direct to Lansdown and is top of the Club’s management pyramid. Couldn’t care about signing any players until that position is filled.

In the Summer, a massive rebuild from top to bottom. Just what Lansdown would not have wanted x5 and, probably, will opt out of doing.

I support Bristol City, not Team ******* Ashton. 

Why does it have to be us who **** things up all the time! I despair. 

Archived