IGNORED

Luton Town (a) - Tues 29th Dec 19:45

Davefevs

The @BigTone condensed version.

Tough, away trip.

Nathan Jones’s team play a high-tempo game, pile men forward when they can.  Typically most variants of 442/4231/4141, but based on a back 4.

A64ADD10-E574-4138-8599-7DBAE977C227.thumb.jpeg.bf2ce59900ae49bc08370e845d2060b2.jpeg

Happy to make changes and adjust system....as we can see below.

9D4E7AC7-3380-4D23-889F-49B489DD2645.thumb.jpeg.9dba57dc53aabf9eb46d2769303a3039.jpeg
In goal, Shea has replaced the erratic Sluga (just like he did last season).

The two CBs, Lockyer and Bradley are more than comfortable on the ball and will be patient, gradually getting Luton up towards the halfway line, which is when they up the tempo, usually in the wide positions.

Against Reading and more recently they have more conservative full-backs in Crainie and Potts, than perhaps Norrington-Davies, Pearson or Galloway.

In midfield they have the “tank” that is Pelle Ruddock-Mpanzu, who likes a tackle, and a shot.  Also, they have Glen Rea who’s keeping Morrell out and Leicester loanee Kieran Dewsbury-Hall.

Up top they James Collins, with 9 goals this season, backed up by Danny Hylton a hard-working striker and wide men Harry Cornick and Lua-Lua.

Prediction:

Although Luton have a good home record, City have a good away record, and I think Saturday’s win might just be enough to steal the points tonight.

Luton Town 1 : 2 Bristol City

Luton away has been a bit difficult for us in recent times and they seem to score a few against us.

Time to put that to bed - or will the team capitulate ala Rotherham ?

Heart says a narrow win, head says 0-2 or possibly 0-3 like last season.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

The @BigTone condensed version.

Tough, away trip.

Nathan Jones’s team play a high-tempo game, pile men forward when they can.  Typically most variants of 442/4231/4141, but based on a back 4.

A64ADD10-E574-4138-8599-7DBAE977C227.thumb.jpeg.bf2ce59900ae49bc08370e845d2060b2.jpeg

Happy to make changes and adjust system....as we can see below.

9D4E7AC7-3380-4D23-889F-49B489DD2645.thumb.jpeg.9dba57dc53aabf9eb46d2769303a3039.jpeg
In goal, Shea has replaced the erratic Sluga (just like he did last season).

The two CBs, Lockyer and Bradley are more than comfortable on the ball and will be patient, gradually getting Luton up towards the halfway line, which is when they up the tempo, usually in the wide positions.

Against Reading and more recently they have more conservative full-backs in Crainie and Potts, than perhaps Norrington-Davies, Pearson or Galloway.

In midfield they have the “tank” that is Pelle Ruddock-Mpanzu, who likes a tackle, and a shot.  Also, they have Glen Rea who’s keeping Morrell out and Leicester loanee Kieran Dewsbury-Hall.

Up top they James Collins, with 9 goals this season, backed up by Danny Hylton a hard-working striker and wide men Harry Cornick and Lua-Lua.

Prediction:

Although Luton have a good home record, City have a good away record, and I think Saturday’s win might just be enough to steal the points tonight.

Luton Town 1 : 2 Bristol City

IMPOSTER !!

1 minute ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Pleased to hear that, due to our injury crisis, we have special dispensation to play with the aid of crutches, wheelchairs and stretchers.

Band Aid should release a record to raise funds for our medical bills.

I know. Just said on another thread. 11 players out compared with Lutons 1 injured...

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Be amazed if we got a point.

I’m not confident either.

Would actually be a very decent game to get a win out of, but sneaking past Wycombe doesn’t bode well against what looks to be a markedly better side.

Keep it tight and pray for a Fammy winner off the bench looks like our best strategy again.

42 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

A piss poor decision to sell Morrell although he was one of very few of Ashtons sell able "assets". 

Which is exactly why we could.
:blink:

Decisions are made at the time , we are not party to all that goes on.

I am convinced that we would have liked to have kept Morrell but he probably wasn’t guaranteed a starting place at the beginning of the season and we couldn’t have imagined the impact of so many injuries.

I will just throw into the pot that if JM was that great wouldn’t he have started more matches for an average Luton side ? 

I reckon Semenyo should be dropped and used as a sub this game. His finishing has been poor. I saw a stat on instagram showing he had the 2nd most shots in the champ and not scored next to Akinfenwa. We need goals. I wouldn't mind seeing Edwards start ahead of him tbh. 

45 minutes ago, Super said:

Be amazed if we got a point.

Me, too. I’d take a point right now.

Kenilworth Road’s never been a happy hunting ground for us. I think our last win there was 20 years ago and the last time I went there, we got dicked 5-0. 

Today’s line up is going to be mighty interesting.

With Vyner Odowda and Hunt all walking wounded at best Mr Holden is in a right proper bind!

I get as worked up as the next girl on here when the game is on, however afterward try to put the game in perspective of a biblical injury crisis that the manager and his assistants have not given as an excuse to my recollection.

If ever we had a ‘chance’ to play a couple of the youngsters this is it. My thought is we lack tempo and are playing in a way that invites pressure (its little wonder we keep conceding deflected shots).

I would be inclined to play Edwards (the guy got an assist for the winner on Saturday and must be up for it more than ever) and one of the other lads....

Archived