IGNORED

Luton Town (a) - Tues 29th Dec 19:45

Davefevs

12 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Today’s line up is going to be mighty interesting.

With Vyner Odowda and Hunt all walking wounded at best Mr Holden is in a right proper bind!

I get as worked up as the next girl on here when the game is on, however afterward try to put the game in perspective of a biblical injury crisis that the manager and his assistants have not given as an excuse to my recollection.

If ever we had a ‘chance’ to play a couple of the youngsters this is it. My thought is we lack tempo and are playing in a way that invites pressure (its little wonder we keep conceding deflected shots).

I would be inclined to play Edwards (the guy got an assist for the winner on Saturday and must be up for it more than ever) and one of the other lads....

Agree, fed up with Holden naming youngsters on the bench (out of necessity) then hardly giving them any game time no matter how poorly our senior pros are playing!  Edwards only got on against Wycombe because of injury to COD.  

Facing the mighty Luton I trust they are on half our sallary given our injuries so it will be a fair game. Trying to find out the names of the brothers playing for Luton in the 70/80:s?  

Just now, bristolcitysweden said:

Facing the mighty Luton I trust they are on half our sallary given our injuries so it will be a fair game. Trying to find out the name of the brothers playing for Luton in the 70/80:s?  

12 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Agree, fed up with Holden naming youngsters on the bench (out of necessity) then hardly giving them any game time no matter how poorly our senior pros are playing!  Edwards only got on against Wycombe because of injury to COD.  

Exactly! Its time to start one maybe more than one. I noticed Mcgregor is predicting a start to Massengo, if he starts I will be livid! Yes you can argue he is one of the youngsters, however what we know is, is he adds nothing in any way except as a body in a shirt.

Towler, Edwards, Bell et al will all add a spark and something a bit different. Luton’s management must be licking their lips with the thought that TIRED predictable line up defending deep waiting to concede a deflection is coming to their tight little stadium.

I am behind Holden for the reasons stated earlier, its just horrible luck, however this is the right time to think outside of the box, in order to get the ball in the opposition’s a bit more often!

7 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Facing the mighty Luton I trust they are on half our sallary given our injuries so it will be a fair game. Trying to find out the names of the brothers playing for Luton in the 70/80:s?  

Futcher?

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly! Its time to start one maybe more than one. I noticed Mcgregor is predicting a start to Massengo, if he starts I will be livid! Yes you can argue he is one of the youngsters, however what we know is, is he adds nothing in any way except as a body in a shirt.

Towler, Edwards, Bell et al will all add a spark and something a bit different. Luton’s management must be licking their lips with the thought that TIRED predictable line up defending deep waiting to concede a deflection is coming to their tight little stadium.

I am behind Holden for the reasons stated earlier, its just horrible luck, however this is the right time to think outside of the box, in order to get the ball in the opposition’s a bit more often!

Futcher?

Ron - centre forward

Paul - centre back

or the Steins:

Bryan and Mark

3 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Luton away has been a bit difficult for us in recent times and they seem to score a few against us.

Time to put that to bed - or will the team capitulate ala Rotherham ?

Heart says a narrow win, head says 0-2 or possibly 0-3 like last season.

I’m struggling to see us cope with their fast flowing style, when I’ve seen them they seem to have a few players happy to run with the ball. They also seem to have a lot of willing runners to support the ball carrier, something we severely lack.

I hope I’m wrong and we get something though! 

It's the Joe Morrell REVENGE GAME! (not in the squad)

We played Luton last year at home on the 29th of December and won 3-0. Eliasson cross to Watkins to kick off the scoring! Hoping for the same score line and not the 3-0 drubbing in the away game of the same season!

And

Archived